BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Duffy

Whats really sad about the whole saga is as a club we're now not in Shane Duffys league, or Grant Hanleys for that matter. Losing those caliber of players makes us significantly weaker and puts us another step closer to league1.

Coyle has no need to spin this sale, the fans on BRFcc are doing that for him.

Thankfully the only thing that matters is:

#venkysout - nothing else matters.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. The club has fallen that low and fans expectations have been rebooted so that they lament the loss of such abject defensive wastrels (defensive used in it's looses tense)

A normal club would be able to replace both very easily......sadly we are no longer a normal club :(

#venkysout #venkyscum

Wouldn't be surprised to see Wes Brown announced before the 12 pm deadline to play tomorrow.

Announced yes but probably having actually been signed weeks ago in readiness for this moment :(

Personally I cannot see the reason for all the anti Brown stuff. I cannot see him being any worse than what we have had in the first three games.

You don't think giving him a 1 or 2 year deal on decent wages then expecting about ten games from him is a pointless risk then ?

Have the last few years taught you nothing ? The only benefit from that would be player and agent yet again.

Can see it now Brown fractures arm lifting pen to sign contract. Brown tears muscles in lower back sitting down to sign contract

Exactly. He came supposedly on trial then couldn't even complete than for crying out loud.

May as well sign Stephen Hawking then as he couldn't be worse either.

I am not going to get into a stupid argument, but Hawking would be worse as he is not a professional footballer

You don't think giving him a 1 or 2 year deal on decent wages then expecting about ten games from him is a pointless risk then ?

Have the last few years taught you nothing ? The only benefit from that would be player and agent yet again.

Exactly. He came supposedly on trial then couldn't even complete than for crying out loud.

But the money for wages would be from Venkys assets, so why give a @#/? what contract he is on?

• Backroom

I am not going to get into a stupid argument, but Hawking would be worse as he is not a professional footballer

But the money for wages would be from Venkys assets, so why give a @#/? what contract he is on?

The point is if we sell Duffy and then bring in a crock to replace him that is of no benefit to us. I think it's generally accepted Brown still has the ability to at least play at Championship level, but his legs went two or three years ago and his injury record over the past few years is appalling. I don't see why those aren't valid reasons to be against signing him.

The point is if we sell Duffy and then bring in a crock to replace him that is of no benefit to us. I think it's generally accepted Brown still has the ability to at least play at Championship level, but his legs went two or three years ago and his injury record over the past few years is appalling. I don't see why those aren't valid reasons to be against signing him.

You could have just described Paul Mcgrath when he played for Villa

The sad thing is that he replaced Kilgallon who was doing well and got shunted around when he returned from injury. He would have done a good job in defence. Maybe it was a money issue.

We do tend to rate our player higher once they have left! Kilgallon was a waste of space whenever he played (especially last season) I'd much rather play Wharton than him. Tells you everything you need to know that he's gone to a League 1 team and can't seem to get a game there.

What assets ? The club has been selling to pay the bills for the last 12 months and his waste of space contract would come out of the sale money of Duffy.

really is about time you woke up.

What assets ? The club has been selling to pay the bills for the last 12 months and his waste of space contract would come out of the sale money of Duffy.

really is about time you woke up.

The sale money for Duffy would already be allocated to someones account, the team would never see it. Thanks for your concern, but I am awake.

The sale money for Duffy would already be allocated to someones account, the team would never see it. Thanks for your concern, but I am awake.

You may have a point, not sure about the second bit though :lol:

Whats really sad about the whole saga is as a club we're now not in Shane Duffys league, or Grant Hanleys for that matter. Losing those caliber of players makes us significantly weaker and puts us another step closer to league1.

Coyle has no need to spin this sale, the fans on BRFcc are doing that for him.

Thankfully the only thing that matters is:

#venkysout - nothing else matters.

Gav, I think we would all have been sorry to see last year's Duffy leave. But his head was not only turned, it had literally fallen off his shoulders by the time he was sent off on Wednesday.

He showed no respect for his team mates, the fans, the club or the manager (all be it I don't blame him for that), and engineered himself a way out in the lowest of the low ways.

I'm really interested to know what your solution would be? Keep him and carry on playing him? Once a player thinks he's bigger than the club then you're in trouble - his poisonous attitude would have spread through the squad like wildfire. You saw his families tweets after Wigan? It looked pretty irreparable even before he scored two more own goals, chucked off his black armband and got sent off in the most pathetic of manners.

This club is in a terrible mess - if we stand ANY hope whatsoever of scraping enough points to finish 20th then we need men who are going to stand up and fight together. Duffy would not have been that man.

Move on and forget him. If he'd left in the decent way that Hanley did I would be sorry to see him go. But he hasn't, so I'm not.

Archived