BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Duffy

Gav, I think we would all have been sorry to see last year's Duffy leave. But his head was not only turned, it had literally fallen off his shoulders by the time he was sent off on Wednesday.

He showed no respect for his team mates, the fans, the club or the manager (all be it I don't blame him for that), and engineered himself a way out in the lowest of the low ways.

I'm really interested to know what your solution would be? Keep him and carry on playing him? Once a player thinks he's bigger than the club then you're in trouble - his poisonous attitude would have spread through the squad like wildfire. You saw his families tweets after Wigan? It looked pretty irreparable even before he scored two more own goals, chucked off his black armband and got sent off in the most pathetic of manners.

This club is in a terrible mess - if we stand ANY hope whatsoever of scraping enough points to finish 20th then we need men who are going to stand up and fight together. Duffy would not have been that man.

Move on and forget him. If he'd left in the decent way that Hanley did I would be sorry to see him go. But he hasn't, so I'm not.

He had an absolute stinker on Wednesday Jimmy, but it wasn't intentional, I'm not having that, and he never threw his armband away either to disrespect Jack Walker, thats just rubbish to try and fan the flames on here.

The abuse he got on twitter after Wigan was an absolute disgrace, uncalled for, and if his family members decided to weigh in who can blame them? Its a real worry that we have faceless morons that can sit in their bedrooms and influence proceedings at the football club, but have been nowhere to be seen for 6yrs whist the owners have run shotgun over proceedings.

As for finishing 20th, we'd have more chance with him than without him, as we're about to find out if he goes.

All this would have been avoided had they'd offered him a new contract last season, but no, the owners are thick as p1g sh1t and this is the result.

I'll shed no tears if he goes, I'm just not joining the lynch mob on this one.

#venkysout - Its all that matters.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do phones, laptops and tablets only work in bedrooms? I assume it's dial-up internet too?

You tell me, you've been in one since 2010, which incidentally wasn't a bad idea in hindsight!

😉

Surprise surprise there was NO 4 million pound bid after all just like we suspected. Alan Nixon there is no words strong enough for you but basically here's a simple one which sums you up - LIAR !

Surprise surprise there was NO 4 million pound bid after all just like we suspected. Alan Nixon there is no words strong enough for you but basically here's a simple one which sums you up - LIAR !

It was Simon Jones in the Mail that said there was a £4m bid. He's constantly trying to sell Rovers players. He was doing it all last summer too.

I thought Nixon denied the story and said Brighton were after a Prem defender instead?

It was Simon Jones in the Mail that said there was a £4m bid. He's constantly trying to sell Rovers players. He was doing it all last summer too.

I thought Nixon denied the story and said Brighton were after a Prem defender instead?

Didn't he say it was 'on' yesterday followed by 'no further comment' or something ?

He said "Brighton expected to go to £4m today for Shane Duffy. No further comment"

But then again he's got almost everything else wrong this summer so why are we surprised?

I'm just excited to see these 6 players come in. Onwards and upwards!

Thing is at this stage they are going to be panic signings so we are probably better off only getting 1 or 2. Last thing we need is lumbering with more crap for the sake of bodies.

It happened last year when the panic set in and their hands were tied by the embargo and I can't recall a player signed last summer who actually made a contribution ?

I dread to think what the next money wasting window dressing exercise will bring.

I have not seen it since I don't do twitter but RR just said something about Bennett bigging up young Wharton. Is this a back handed slap in Duffy's face, the words I heard described Wharton as everything Duffy is not.

£8 million for those 2 is good value. Don't forget buying clubs don't always get it right!! Duffy has always been a duffer IMO, Hanley improved last year but prior was shocking.

The reason we didn't get relegated last season was that there were 3 teams worse than us. The likes of Mcnamee and Hawkins would be worth £50 million these days, give me strength, the world's gone mad!

How much Moran and Hendry ?

I'm just excited to see these 6 players come in. Onwards and upwards!

With the way things are at the club at the moment, I think I'm one of the Nixon 6.

32 year old left back, although it's a position we need a player for, I wouldn't get too excited.

Stumbling block is that you must pay a £5 administration fee in order to transfer my player registration (seriously, you actually do) and Rovers are saying they can't afford it.

Unlike you Paul not to take the whole post in context! For the record, Steele is another duck egg and I agree Lowe is a scapegoat.

(I reckon I could have improved the team immeasurably with £20 million to spend)

Yes you're right DR I didn't get the context first time I read it. Apologies. Though I don't agree Hanley and Duffy are donkeys!!

Subscribe to Player and witness it before passing judgement on others

I haven't passed judgement on anyone. I've commented on a post I disagree with. I had already seen the goals and sending off.

The team will be poorer in my opinion for the loss of Duffy. Based on last season he would have been head and shoulders above most of yesterday's side.

I agree the two own goals at Cardiff look very deliberate. Whether they were or not is impossible to judge. I can't think of any similar incident I've seen in 50 odd years of watching football. As for the sending off he could have kicked the ball away in frustration, he might not have heard the whistle (unlikely based on the footage I saw). He's not the first player to be sent off in those circumstances. Unless I've missed something no one knows how or why the armband incident, if it was an incident, occurred.

If Duffy wants to leave presenting an attitude to the world whereby he is prepared to deliberately score against his own team, get himself sent off and alienate the entire fan base isn't a good advert.

I can only judge his intelligence from occasional Radio Rovers interviews. He doesn't strike me as stupid enough to think those actions are going to help his cause. If this was deliberate most managers would now think twice about signing Duffy - presuming they have some common sense.

What a crock of.........................

Who then would have been a better centre back pairing last season?

He had an absolute stinker on Wednesday Jimmy, but it wasn't intentional, I'm not having that, and he never threw his armband away either to disrespect Jack Walker, thats just rubbish to try and fan the flames on here.

The abuse he got on twitter after Wigan was an absolute disgrace, uncalled for, and if his family members decided to weigh in who can blame them? Its a real worry that we have faceless morons that can sit in their bedrooms and influence proceedings at the football club, but have been nowhere to be seen for 6yrs whist the owners have run shotgun over proceedings.

As for finishing 20th, we'd have more chance with him than without him, as we're about to find out if he goes.

All this would have been avoided had they'd offered him a new contract last season, but no, the owners are thick as p1g sh1t and this is the result.

I'll shed no tears if he goes, I'm just not joining the lynch mob on this one.

#venkysout - Its all that matters.

He scored three own goals in one week. Then got needlessly sent off as his head blew off. Quite a player indeed. Not joining any witch hunt just common sense. Costing the team points on a regular basis. Childish gobshyte. Get shut.

With the way things are at the club at the moment, I think I'm one of the Nixon 6.

32 year old left back, although it's a position we need a player for, I wouldn't get too excited.

Stumbling block is that you must pay a £5 administration fee in order to transfer my player registration (seriously, you actually do) and Rovers are saying they can't afford it.

Don't worry about the fiver , just include it in a 500k agents fee made payable to an offshore account somewhere sunny ,problem sorted . If your struggling give me a shout I will pay the 500 quid agents application fee and tell the fa how wonderful they are and buy them lunch fill in the form to represent you and we will split the cash

Archived