BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Burton Albion Game Thread.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going down, against my better judgement. Quite looking forward to seeing how Wharton does. Think I'm at the point where even if we lose now I don't think I'd be too concerned; there's the bigger picture to look at right now. Most of my attention will be directed at any spark of protests that occur and trying to fan the flames around me.

I was considering changing my seat to the family stand to sit by the players but thought against it - don't think what I have to say is suitable for childrens ears. Shame.

Also goes to show my level of distrust for the club when I began to think that maybe that's why the club did it (move the family end there) to stop any touchline abuse fans were going to give them during this planned-disaster campaign. Wouldn't put it past the band of thieves.

We all thought the same thing in our house. We are ex season ticket holders, who want to protest, but are NOT paying to enter the ground.

Have we got the lowest budget in the league? Are Coyle and the management team the lowest paid? Are our players the lowest paid professionals at this level? I sincerely doubt it. 9 conceeded? 0 points.

Time these charlatans started earning their dough. The players get paid to do a job to the best of their ability. Tossers. Time they started trying.

At home against Burton and we expect to struggle. Jeepers. It will be Bamber Bridge soon.

Really hope I'm wrong and it's not like we have much choice but from the little I've seen of Wharton he looks far from ready. Good luck to the lad though, at least it'll be someone who will give it 110%.

Think we'll come up short again tomorrow though. 2-1 Burton.

Out of interest, what games have you seen him play in? I thought he looked pretty decent in preseason, comfortable on the ball and has two good feet, needs to fill out more but that will come with time (it'll be quicker if he gets some games).

All I hope for is that Wharton has a good game.

Like others have said, think a defeat could do us better in the long run, with the current building momentum surrounding the club.

Absolute bonkers that I'm saying that about the team, my team, the team that I love so much. This is what we are reduced to and I hate them with every fibre of my being for it.

We won't take it any longer. We won't let them get away with this.

Burton have had a pretty good start to the season without getting results apparently.

They gave a really good account of themselves at Forest according to the match reports and beat playoff finalists Sheff Weds in midweek.

Big day for us, 3 losses on the bounce in the league, players out of contract, academy kids being promoted beyond their ability, all points to another defeat sadly, but surely we have enough to beat Burton Albion?

2-1 Rovers

Get some of those docs printed and dropped in Blues bar, toilets in the ground, get the word out.

#venkysout

We want and desperately need Rovers to win but nothing changes whether they do or don't. Neither will a few loan signings or foreign nobodies.

We'll be back in the same situation in a week or two and more nonsense will be going on in the background. So for the fans there today keep focus on those running the show whatever happens on the pitch :tu:

Now this is weird but bear with me, but last night I dreamt I was at Ewood Park, and it was full. My family were all there too, and at half time, there was a sit down protest with about 30 or 40 people getting the support of the crowd, many wearing the sky blue perspex sponsored shirt. Oh and Ewood Park was full so everyone could shout Venky's Out and generally disrupt things.

Strange that today I should have this odd dream, but I guess somewhere in my mind the proposed protest during this game somehow got processed. So if you really want to mess with my head, wear the perspex shirt and run onto the pitch at half time.

But to the game, to be honest I am not too bothered about the result, just as long as we don't win 6-0. That would keep the ostriches happy.

I have no idea what team selection will be, but I hope there's some passion and pride on show, something that's been missing for some time.

We need to avoid defeat at all costs today, but sadly, I cannot see any other result.

The weather looks poor and I cannot see 10K attending.

Still, we shouldn't have any problems parking. :(

Raya

Marshall Wharton Greer Conway

Feeney Evans Byrne Lenihan Mahoney

Graham

Come on Rovers, we need to get points on the board!!

Archived