BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlie Mulgrew

Iceman

18 hours ago, Stuart said:

They need to turn the Europa back into a straight knock out. Or just bring back the CWC.

Well maybe after next season, my hope is Burnley get into the group stages and travel to Eastern Europe every other Thursday and it rips the already thin squad to the bare bones resulting in relegation. Only after that can we worry about the format!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, toogs said:

Thanks for the summary Stu, although I’m non the wiser!!

Summary summary: It seems there’s a mini-Euros in March 2019 and the worst 4 teams end up in the qualifiers proper in September 2019.

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

This has completely passed me by Matt.

So it looks like there will be a seeded competition next Summer with England along with eleven other teams (4 groups of three). The winners and runners up qualify automatically and the losers have a play-off match for a final spot. So 5 teams qualify. The rest go into (relegated) to normal qualifiers?

So in essence a bit like Champions League and Europa League (spit) with the worst of the seeded teams going into the secondary pot.

This means there is less chance of the ‘better’ teams slipping up although the ‘minnows’ won’t get a top team in qualifying but they should have a better chance of making it as they are more likely to be playing another minnow.

Although I could have got that completely wrong!

Very good Stuart, could you have a go at explaining how the Rugby Super League play offs work now.

6 hours ago, toogs said:

Thanks for the summary Stu, although I’m non the wiser!!

I was listening to a podcast where Kevin kilbane spoke for an hour on how the nation's league worked. Me, his Colleagues, listeners and eventually himself made it more confusing. Literally nobody can give it a decent explanation that completely understandable. He's not the only one whose failed to explain it either. I read up on it and from what I do understand I seems like a good idea

Archived