BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Signings

Iceman

Okay like with the Mulgrew thread, there has been not much talk on the signings. From the 1st few games, what have we made of the signings thus far?

Greer

Hobhan

Williams

Feeney

Graham

Stokes

Hendrie

Samuelson

Byrne

Gallagher

based on the 1st few games, i cant see any of the signings having done much. Hobhan and Williams looked solid, and Greer looks okay. Stokes seems to play in patches, and Graham hasnt really got going.

Hendrie, what was the point in this signing, likewise Feeney. Samuelson wasnt brought on, so cant judge him.

Thoughts on these players, and can they turn it around, or do we need a proper manager to get the best out of them.

You missed Byrne and Gallagher. So far the only one I've been remotely impressed by has been Gallagher, who i think could be a handful and score a few at this level. Hoban and Williams had decent debuts but too early to hail them as good signings.

You missed Byrne and Gallagher. So far the only one I've been remotely impressed by has been Gallagher, who i think could be a handful and score a few at this level. Hoban and Williams had decent debuts but too early to hail them as good signings.

Aah yes knew i missed 2... :)

Crap

Well whats new Abbey, @#/? owners, @#/? manager signing @#/? players

Greer - OK and a signing that definitely needed making with the imminent departures about to happen in our defence.

Hoban - Too early to tell. Decent debut.

Williams - Too early to tell, Decent debut

Feeney - As expected, absolute pile of doggy poo.

Graham - Well scouted and brought in by Lambert. Suddenly looks woeful under FKW.

Stokes - Started well and scored a couple of decent efforts. Jury's out but better than Jackson / Brown.

Hendrie - Poor.

Samuelson - No idea

Greer - OK and a signing that definitely needed making with the imminent departures about to happen in our defence.

Graham - Well scouted and brought in by Lambert. Suddenly looks woeful under FKW.

Stokes - Started well and scored a couple of decent efforts. Jury's out but better than Jackson / Brown.

Hendrie - Poor.

Samuelson - No idea

Byrne and Gallagher?

Hendrie - Poor.

Samuelson - No idea

Stokes jury still out if he is better than Brown!!!!!! He put the ball in the net at least once.

Byrne and Gallagher?

Byrne - Tidy but goes missing

Gallagher - Good attitude, scored a decent goal but doesn't look prolific.

Overall the signings aren't inspiring and won't get you in the top 8. However I still believe some nouse from the manager would give them some chance of staying on this league.

Stokes jury still out if he is better than Brown!!!!!! He put the ball in the net at least once.

Read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote.

Byrne - Tidy but goes missing

Gallagher - Good attitude, scored a decent goal but doesn't look prolific.

Overall the signings aren't inspiring and won't get you in the top 8. However I still believe some nouse from the manager would give them some chance of staying on this league.

Read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote.

Dam Wednesday tribute ale..you are right. Also I may need glasses but fighting that one.

Okay like with the Mulgrew thread, there has been not much talk on the signings. From the 1st few games, what have we made of the signings thus far?

Greer

Hobhan

Williams

Feeney

Graham

Stokes

Hendrie

Samuelson

Byrne

Gallagher

based on the 1st few games, i cant see any of the signings having done much. Hobhan and Williams looked solid, and Greer looks okay. Stokes seems to play in patches, and Graham hasnt really got going.

Hendrie, what was the point in this signing, likewise Feeney. Samuelson wasnt brought on, so cant judge him.

Thoughts on these players, and can they turn it around, or do we need a proper manager to get the best out of them.

With Mulgrew done and Emnes arriving that's a fairly impressive haul for total fees of £250k. Whether its good enough to keep us up god knows but I don't know what any manager could do in those circumstances.

I think we know why Warnock didn't come- with £250k to work with he wouldn't have wasted petrol driving up here.

forget the manager, whoever that is but the behaviour of Venkys is nothing short of scandalous. They have waltzed off with £30 million in fees and left us in the gutter .If we go down they will barely raise an eyebrow.

looks to me like Coyle has been pretty vocal and pretty public in his appeal to Venkys for cash to invest and they have failed him but most of all they have royally put 2 fingers up to all of us.

With Mulgrew done and Emnes arriving that's a fairly impressive haul for total fees of £250k. Whether its good enough to keep us up god knows but I don't know what any manager could do in those circumstances.

I think we know why Warnock didn't come- with £250k to work with he wouldn't have wasted petrol driving up here.

forget the manager, whoever that is but the behaviour of Venkys is nothing short of scandalous. They have waltzed off with £30 million in fees and left us in the gutter .If we go down they will barely raise an eyebrow.

looks to me like Coyle has been pretty vocal and pretty public in his appeal to Venkys for cash to invest and they have failed him but most of all they have royally put 2 fingers up to all of us.

Yep,

should be a good meeting tomorrow

All of the signings are guff under Coyle.

You'll never be able to judge them properly under such a poor manager.

Don't disagree but with a total of £250k to spend which 12 players would you have brought in ??

We can all slag players / manager but honestly what do you expect with knack all budget ?

Venkys have absolutely screwed us an our club . Let's understand the real issue

Archived