BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Signings

Iceman

Based on the situation I think we made some decent signings. Yes the squad is weaker, yes our situation is horrendous I am not being optimistic but I am realistic in realising that the make shift squad that we have may not be good enough to stay up but with 0 investment it is decent signings. With Graham, Stokes, Gallagher, Emnes we have goals in us. Problem is 12 signings means the players have to know each other quickly to gel. Will we have that time? Doubt it...

We're now doing what Coventry City has to do. A small squad of youngsters and cheap gambles, with 20 loan signings to make up the numbers. Next season's squad will probably contain about 7 of this season's squad, and a whole load of new faces will have to get used to each other all over again. And if Stokes, Mulgrew or Graham does well, they'll be sold, and replaced with someone whose been around the block like Dexter Blackstock.

We're now doing what Coventry City has to do. A small squad of youngsters and cheap gambles, with 20 loan signings to make up the numbers. Next season's squad will probably contain about 7 of this season's squad, and a whole load of new faces will have to get used to each other all over again. And if Stokes, Mulgrew or Graham does well, they'll be sold, and replaced with someone whose been around the block like Dexter Blackstock.

A similar scenario as been played out for 6 years , where did the transfer profit go ?

Don't disagree but with a total of £250k to spend which 12 players would you have brought in ??

We can all slag players / manager but honestly what do you expect with knack all budget ?

Venkys have absolutely screwed us an our club . Let's understand the real issue

250k.. 12 players.. how much in signing on fees, wages and back handers etc etc for a bunch of players half of whoom wont see the first team that often

Mulgrew is a fine example, long term injuries etc etc.. and we give him 3 years..

A similar scenario as been played out for 6 years , where did the transfer profit go ?

That is very true. It is more noticeable now since the quality of those coming in, or hanging around has really dropped off a cliff. When Southampton sell all their players, they find others who they think have the quality to replace them, or they can really improve. We just take whatever is left on the floor like a hungry pigeon after everyone else gets their house in order early.

Don't disagree but with a total of £250k to spend which 12 players would you have brought in ??

We can all slag players / manager but honestly what do you expect with knack all budget ?

Venkys have absolutely screwed us an our club . Let's understand the real issue

I know Venkys are the real issue, no question bringing in 12 players with nothing but a curly wurly to offer in transfer fees is a near impossible task, certainly when we are talking about quality of the players.

But the question was, what do we make of the signings thus far. No matter how highly rated they are, you will never see their full potential/ability with such a poor manager guiding them.

I know Venkys are the real issue, no question bringing in 12 players with nothing but a curly wurly to offer in transfer fees is a near impossible task, certainly when we are talking about quality of the players.

But the question was, what do we make of the signings thus far. No matter how highly rated they are, you will never see their full potential/ability with such a poor manager guiding them.

its not anymore about the manager or the players i reckon. I think based on the meeting last night, and all the talk, the message is clear, and that is to rid the club of Venkys.

Can't really comment as I bave not seen them or really even listened been too busy on the homestead and rebuildi g the bike but I am glad to see a football thread. Nice break from the Venky woes. Still lots of Venky comments though, wish theyd just sid off so we can get back to footy.

Archived