BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

Only rumours at this stage but...

Turning off the turnstiles has the potential to cause major problems. This will almost certainly create a crowded concourse as people will not wait outside.

Presumably this will enable the club to use the safety issue to try to clear the concourses.

I hope nobody is hurt because of irresponsible safety management by the club. Somebody could go to prison if there is a crush caused by forcing fans into a confined space. The toilets will be gridlocked, for instance.

The protest has been widely publicised and the club may not be able to plead ignorance. This has made the national press so they will know that fans wish to make a peaceful protest by arriving late.

I really hope the club do not take a gamble with fans' safety to try to make a point.

On the other hand there is the potential for the situation to become volatile if security are going to be trying to move people.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right a one off post from me ( wont be back for a while as a certain mods besty has been allowed to hurl accusatiotions my way and nothing done, but today needs a word or two)

Just remember the non protesting scabs will be out to wind you up and if its anything like k##' days you will be spat on , pushed and swore at and when you turn round and give it back the police will threaten you with arrest you or the yellow jacket thugs will try and crack you and send the instigators on their way chuckling and gesticlating at you.

sad sad times and how anyone can condone how the running of the club is now then it shows they are 100% on the venky love boat. Stuff this being a superfan malarky and protesters are pondlife bunkum ,its this attitude of elite better fan than a protester bullshT that is playing straight into #venkysout hands . ANYONE who doesnt participate loses their right as of 18 & 75 mins today. I will be outside on my boycott with many more . >>>>come on those non protesting grow a pair and stand up to the bullies or do each and EVERY one of you condone the Pune bullying...look at yourself in the mirror and answer the question ,am i doing my bit to stop the bullying . If no then do something, if yes then hang your head in shame.

Spoken to my mate who did loads of football Policing, in particular Utd and City. Asked him what's going on with the home visits; he says they must have received intel that violence is planned and they must be treating leaflet distributing has being in violation of the Public Order Act or similar. He does say it's very unusual and the intel has to be very good. I don't think it takes a genius to work out were the intel has come from and how they've got the addresses.

This isn't about blackburn rovers anymore, THAT blackburn rovers ceased to exist 6 years ago, its about the right to free speech, its about the right to take YOUR club back, non protesters think of the damage you are doing to the club and fellow fans by not taking part, you will be robbing long standing supporters of a club in a few years, if people hadn't stood up to Hitler over 70 odd years ago we would all be speaking German now, this generation has lost its bottle, its time to let the world know we want our rovers back!!

Just back from the shops with rubber chicken from pet shop and whistle from sports shop

I'm staying outside the ground until about 15th minute then going in to arrive at my seat on 18th.

I don't believe they can prevent entry as long as you have a valid ticket. Nowhere does it state you have to be in the ground by kick off.

To be honest I'm often about 10 minutes late for night matches anyway.

Just back from the shops with rubber chicken from pet shop and whistle from sports shop

I'm staying outside the ground until about 15th minute then going in to arrive at my seat on 18th.

I don't believe they can prevent entry as long as you have a valid ticket. Nowhere does it state you have to be in the ground by kick off.

To be honest I'm often about 10 minutes late for night matches anyway.

Turnstile stewards given new instructions for todays game.

All fans to be greeted by the words...

Good afternoon, is that a chicken down your pants or are you excited about the football?

Yes I hope they are just rumours but everything you hear makes it look like they intend to provoke confrontation. The rent a mob brought in by Kean and co aimed to do just that, nightclub bouncers from Bolton just loving the prospect of cracking a few Blackburn fans. Hope it isn't a return to that, the club carries just as much responsibility as the fans themselves to see this is allowed to pass off peacefully.

Think on those giving the orders from the club today, you'll be being filmed and under scrutiny as well !

Nothing to stop fans filming the stewards , especially if they start throwing their weight about !

They are not above the law even if they think they are ....

Turnstile stewards given new instructions for todays game.

All fans to be greeted by the words...

Good afternoon, is that a chicken down your pants or are you excited about the football?

or you could say its a c-ck doodle do

In the light of this quote attributed to Mike Cheston reported in the LT....

"Blackburn Rovers director Mike Cheston said: “We respect the fans’ right to protest and we will, as we always have, facilitate a peaceful protest." "

...I would be shocked and dismayed if the turnstiles were locked down to prevent entry provided1875 access to the stadium is conducted in a peaceful, orderly and safe manner.

Facilitation in my mind implies more than passive allowance of an event but positive action to enable the event. We'll see what they have in mind!!

SEM Sports just mentioned the 1875 protest. Shockingly without having a go at our fans.

Not as easy to manipulate the media when your income streams are drying up, your investment partners not happy with you, semi retired and getting bent over by HMRC

Not particularly impressed with the "official protests". Really "Venkys @#/? Off"?

You won't get the floating voters with that. In fact, you might have just put some folk off. 😠

I had a look briefly on way down to blackburn end, and was a lot of swearing. Thought the same to be honest. Currently on concourse and atmosphere is non-existent. Apathetic is not a strong enough word. Doesn't bode well at all.

I had a look briefly on way down to blackburn end, and was a lot of swearing. Thought the same to be honest. Currently on concourse and atmosphere is non-existent. Apathetic is not a strong enough word. Doesn't bode well at all.

Maybe those on the terraces who won't partake are making loads of noise in support of the team to show us the other way to let Venkys know how disillusioned we all are.

It's not the swearing per se, SG, it's that it means that more moderate protesters may want to distance themselves. The outcome will be a minority of rabble rousers. We shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again.

However, there is still hope. The world is still watching.

Archived