SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Name The Group

Iceman

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right guys!

After studying Blackpool fans who are way ahead of us in their protests It seems they have this structure...

A name - 'Tangerine Kinights'

A protest focus/name - 'Not A Penny More'

Hasthags - #NAPM #OystonOut

Using this structure I propose...

Names - 'Blue and White Army' or 'Blue and White Knights'

I like 'Blue & White Knights' because it would be great to do protests together with Blackpool against the F.A. and the 2 sets of supporters calling themselves 'Knights' feels like a movement bigger than just Rovers and Blackpool, it also brings us together under the #FansUnited banner with other supporters at other clubs. I think it would be possible to create twitter accounts for either name, I think both are available.

A protest focus/name - Rovers Against Venkys

Hashtags - #VenkysOut #RoversAgainstVenkys

This would pretty much put is in line with the guys who have done excellent work over in Blackpool. We could use the 'Blue and White Army' or 'Blue and White Knights' twitter/facebook account as a hub for organising and voting for which protests we invest and act on.

What are your thoughts guys?

sdo9de.jpg

• Backroom

I know I've created the Venkysout website so this may be a bit hypocritical of me but I really do think we need to target the Rao family name rather than the Venkys brand.

Having their logo on shirts and flags calling their company all the names under the sun isn't really going to hurt them. Having their faces and calling their family name will embarrass them more and hit them hard. I believe it's time to get personal.

#Venkysout would gain popularity with other clubs fans who a stake would have twitter.

But I do like vexit.

I think it would be a good handle for the protests because its simple and hashtagable (not a word) not sure about calling the group that though.

mark1875, on 02 Sept 2016 - 5:48 PM, said:snapback.png

I was talking to the Trust this afternoon and we thought the name for the campaign would be chosen on this site, so if there are any suggestions then can people post them?

Rovers Against Venky's Exploitation

I know I've created the Venkysout website so this may be a bit hypocritical of me but I really do think we need to target the Rao family name rather than the Venkys brand.

Having their logo on shirts and flags calling their company all the names under the sun isn't really going to hurt them. Having their faces and calling their family name will embarrass them more and hit them hard. I believe it's time to get personal.

A good point mate, a relative of mine who was present last night made the same point as you but i feel its a little trivial, everyone outside this bubble of ours knows Venkys as the Rao family and if you google 'Venkys' you will see their faces.

Theres nothing stopping us getting personal in the protests mate, thats what the Pool fans do. Their banners and chants are personal towards Oyston I recon we should follow suit.

Must admit although some good names banded about, my vote would go with

#VenkysOut

it is already out there, people know what it is, it is straight forward and to the point and the # gives a modern twist, even if people do not know what twitter is they still know what VenkysOut is about.

It does what it says on the tin.

and the #venkysout twitter campaign seemed to be the spur for a lot of people getting behind it and involved

Must admit although some good names banded about, my vote would go with

#VenkysOut

it is already out there, people know what it is, it is straight forward and to the point and the # gives a modern twist, even if people do not know what twitter is they still know what VenkysOut is about.

It does what it says on the tin.

and the #venkysout twitter campaign seemed to be the spur for a lot of people getting behind it and involved

I agree. Venkysout also doesn't contain any negative words such as against, boycott, hate etc.

Right guys!

After studying Blackpool fans who are way ahead of us in their protests It seems they have this structure...

A name - 'Tangerine Kinights'

A protest focus/name - 'Not A Penny More'

Hasthags - #NAPM #OystonOut

Using this structure I propose...

Names - 'Blue and White Army' or 'Blue and White Knights'

I like 'Blue & White Knights' because it would be great to do protests together with Blackpool against the F.A. and the 2 sets of supporters calling themselves 'Knights' feels like a movement bigger than just Rovers and Blackpool, it also brings us together under the #FansUnited banner with other supporters at other clubs. I think it would be possible to create twitter accounts for either name, I think both are available.

A protest focus/name - Rovers Against Venkys

Hashtags - #VenkysOut #RoversAgainstVenkys

This would pretty much put is in line with the guys who have done excellent work over in Blackpool. We could use the 'Blue and White Army' or 'Blue and White Knights' twitter/facebook account as a hub for organising and voting for which protests we invest and act on.

What are your thoughts guys?

sdo9de.jpg

Great stuff Neal. Very supportive of this.

We need a poll options and for this to fed into the next joint group meeting.

How about the BRFCC Ewood Brag Trust Blues.

Or to give it its official title, Blackburn Rovers Football Club Community Ewood Blackburn Rovers Action Group Trust Blues.

Either way please god not Blue and White Knights, we look so lame when we rip-off other teams names/songs etc, which we seem to do all the time.

Subterranean homesick blues,

the pump don't work cause the Venky's stole the handle

Venkysout for me. It affects their brand and any supporter in the land worth their salt knows who or what they are. Unfortunately, Blackburn Rovers and Venky's are synonymous.

There isn't a magic wand or catchy slogan that will get rid of them. This is about standing up to them, shining a light on our plight - the simpler, the better.

Archived