SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Name The Group

Iceman

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venkys Out, or #venkysout

It explains exactly what the goal is. It has effectively been around for years, and already trended on social media, so we can't be accused of being fickle due to a bad start to the season.

Could the Knights be twisted to a racist thing?

Venkys Out, or #venkysout

It explains exactly what the goal is. It has effectively been around for years, and already trended on social media, so we can't be accused of being fickle due to a bad start to the season.

Could the Knights be twisted to a racist thing?

It would only be racist if you volunteered to be the Grand Wizard.

Not blue and white knights. As someone else said, we shouldn't need to pinch other clubs ideas.

Totally agree

Rovers Preservation Society - too formal/against purpose? ( can 'borrow' the tune from the Italian Job as a chant also)

I like the RAVE or BRAVO

#ve??ysout

Rovers Against Venkys

Just about sums it up for me. Says who we are (make it clear for everyone, exclude no one), it says we don't want them, explains who they are. #venkysout is great - but is secondary and a Social Media thang.

Rovers against Venky's is the kind of thing that the media will twist to makes us sound like haters, or racist.

We've got to be savvy and promote our cause in a way that generates sympathy from the whole football community and more. Making it sound like a battle bewteen Venky's and us is a no, no in my opinion. It's too confrontational.

I know VenkysOut isn't exactly ground breaking but it's clean and precise without any permutations.

ps A customer left a note on my desk today whilst I was out for lunch. They follow me on twitter and signed off the note with #venkysout :) They're not rovers supporters.

Rovers against Venky's is the kind of thing that the media will twist to makes us sound like haters, or racist.

We've got to be savvy and promote our cause in a way that generates sympathy from the whole football community and more. Making it sound like a battle bewteen Venky's and us is a no, no in my opinion. It's too confrontational.

I know VenkysOut isn't exactly ground breaking but it's clean and precise without any permutations.

ps A customer left a note on my desk today whilst I was out for lunch. They follow me on twitter and signed off the note with #venkysout :) They're not rovers supporters.

#venky'sOut is live and "out there"...We have got to keep it.

Maybe, there is away of linking several different ideas in a way that enhances rather than watering down key the message, but we would have to take care.

Personally, I loved another poster's strap line: Venky's-Destroying football for families since 2010..

Different actions and protests could have slogans too...whistleblowing on the Venky's is another suggestion that works for me.

The key thing is that we maintain our agreement of keeping focus on the owners.

Just seen this, fair play! You make a very good point. venkysout may well be (semi)famous already. Like a lot of what's going on (particularly on here) it's hard to gauge the outside perception when you're so close to something. You just have to trust your instincts. If non Rovers are using it then clearly it's working!

Just seen this, fair play! You make a very good point. venkysout may well be (semi)famous already. Like a lot of what's going on (particularly on here) it's hard to gauge the outside perception when you're so close to something. You just have to trust your instincts. If non Rovers are using it then clearly it's working!

Thank you Robert. It is hard to gauge, but if things go well we're going to get a lot more attention in the media. The cleaner the message the better.

"The 18/75 Movement"

Picks up the themes of:

- A group of town folk meeting in Blackburn to set up the original club - which is what we are fighting for.

- The first protest idea generated by the coalition.

- The 18th and 75th minutes being symbolic of protests.

- A shared goal by the various fan groups coming together as one unified movement for change.

Archived