BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England World Cup Campaign

chor808

both are just as meaningless because the sun occassionally shines on a dogs arse. So what about 2014. It means nowt. England should still beat them convincingly (by 2 or more and a comfortable performance. 9 out of 10. So far 0 out of 2.

What a clown.

They qualified for the last tournament easily. They only conceded 8 in 10 games. (3 against Spain). They went on a 9 game unbeaten run prior to the finals including beating Germany 3-1 away in May. (And the mighty Iceland)

If I recall they were the better side for most of the game in their defeat to Wales in the finals.

Oh, and they knocked Italy out of the last World Cup.

Half the problem with England is some people think we should be strolling past teams like this by 2 goals or more.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best moment of the match was when Rooney went down in the box like a sack of spuds.

"He was definitely nudged!" cried Hoddle & Tyldesley.

Then the replay proved otherwise and Hoddle conceded "Wayne was trying to make the ref's mind up for him. He's desperate."

No, you plum, he @#/? dived. Oh, I forgot, only foreigners cheat.

What a clown.

They qualified for the last tournament easily. They only conceded 8 in 10 games. (3 against Spain). They went on a 9 game unbeaten run prior to the finals including beating Germany 3-1 away in May. (And the mighty Iceland)

If I recall they were the better side for most of the game in their defeat to Wales in the finals.

Half the problem with England is some people think we should be strolling past teams like this by 2 goals or more.

Knocked italy out? They didnt

What a clown.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Millionaire premierleague 'stars' love apologists. They'd love you

Knocked italy out? They didnt

Exactly. Italy didn't get out of their group in 2014

They did lose to Slovakia in WC2010 six whole years ago, and it's as irrelevant to tonights game as their match against Spain and subsequent friendlies

Anyway England players aren't as good as the media make out but they should still beat Slovakia with comfort.

Thanks guys on the praise for the last post, never know how to react without feeling arrogant/ignorant (do you like the post praising you or not respond) :)

The likes of Kane and Sterling must be on thin ice by now. I'd be very surprised if the team looks remotely similar in two years time. If Allardyce can't trust the players to carry out instructions fluidly he will revert to a rigid, know-your-role-and-stick-to-it approach. He probably didn't think he'd have to do that with such supposedly talented players, but if the Euros and tonight are anything to go by, that's likely to be where we end up. And sadly we will be better off for it.

I can see Sam finding Kane frustrating to be honest, might end up being a bit like his relationship here with Kalinic. Sam traditionally wants a target man who is a nightmare to knock off the ball. Of the Davies and Carroll ilk. Kane is going to have to seriously man up and start making possession stick, having said that he clearly rattled Skrtel today so you never know.

Regarding Sterling, he's got all the raw ingredients and I can see Guardiola turning him into one of the best players in the PL. Before long I can see Sam being forced to play him, which I hope is the case if its because Sterling is in great form.

I definitely think its a problem with fans in this country when it comes to the International game, and could well be with fans in the other traditional football powerhouse countries, is that we seem to have very little respect for the newer nations' abilities. Instead of treating Slovakia objectively on their record, which as I said would make this result a bit like being Holland 1-0 away, they seem to be treated as some irrelevant backwater pushover who we should be strolling past.

Italy were in englands group they finished third, England finished 4th, Slovakia didn't play Italy mate

I stand corrected. I actually have been drinking !!!!

They knocked them out in 2010. My brain thought that was the last World Cup. I must have put the shambles of 2014 out of my mind !!

• Backroom

I can see Sam finding Kane frustrating to be honest, might end up being a bit like his relationship here with Kalinic. Sam traditionally wants a target man who is a nightmare to knock off the ball. Of the Davies and Carroll ilk. Kane is going to have to seriously man up and start making possession stick, having said that he clearly rattled Skrtel today so you never know.

Regarding Sterling, he's got all the raw ingredients and I can see Guardiola turning him into one of the best players in the PL. Before long I can see Sam being forced to play him, which I hope is the case if its because Sterling is in great form.

I'm still very much undecided on Kane. Time will tell as to whether he can cut it at international level, but I agree that he will have to seriously look at adding other dimensions to his game if he wants to be a regular under Allardyce. I assume Vardy was left out for similar reasons - not what you would typically call a Big Sam type of forward. I wonder how many caps Davies would have amassed if Allardyce had been given the job ten years ago?

Sterling's decision-making is his big handicap. If he can get that sorted and avoid injuries he could be a genuine game changer. At the moment he's just the second coming of Theo Walcott - flashes of potential but not enough consistency.

I'm still very much undecided on Kane. Time will tell as to whether he can cut it at international level, but I agree that he will have to seriously look at adding other dimensions to his game if he wants to be a regular under Allardyce. I assume Vardy was left out for similar reasons - not what you would typically call a Big Sam type of forward. I wonder how many caps Davies would have amassed if Allardyce had been given the job ten years ago?

Sterling's decision-making is his big handicap. If he can get that sorted and avoid injuries he could be a genuine game changer. At the moment he's just the second coming of Theo Walcott - flashes of potential but not enough consistency.

Yeah totally agree on Sterling.

Be interesting to see how much of a chance Vardy gets under Sam, age isn't on his side when compared to Kane. Having said that, Defoe was immense under Sam last season and we were far from a long-ball team today (even Hart barely played them!) so who knows.

Just finished watching the highlights on ITV+1. Couldn't bring myself to watch it live as basically I don't give a crap about the overpaid passionless noncers that are International footballers.

Only watched highlights because of BFS (a manager we could only dream about). So, pleased for him. But as far as the England team go - here's to another tedious and drawn out qualifying campaign. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Roll on the next big non footballing sporting event where I can enjoy watching some real athletes and sportspeople instead of this dislikeable bunch.

Yeah totally agree on Sterling.

Be interesting to see how much of a chance Vardy gets under Sam, age isn't on his side when compared to Kane. Having said that, Defoe was immense under Sam last season and we were far from a long-ball team today (even Hart barely played them!) so who knows.

Even Hart barely played them? Someone should tell Pep!

Hasta Tbh I couldn't give a monkeys anymore what England do or what the best manager Real Madrid never had is doing. If I did I'd hope he does well but come Russia there will be another WC2014 or Iceland moment.

Lets not re-write history eh? You were hardly a fan of Allardyce and disliked everything about him intensely.

There will be little praise from you at anytime with him as England manager, irrespective of tactics, results, selections, or performances.

I think I get it. Bolton links, Panarama, arrogance, long ball, away concessions whilst our manager, but no credence or credibility offered for anything positive and beneficial to our club completely negates your arguments in their entirety as waffle without any balance. Laughably you are not alone and many will be waiting patiently for the first horror result to lump on.

I don't know. If Scotland are beating you 5-1 isn't that the official definition of total mugs. But yeah the "lesser" sides, ahem Iceland, aren't the push overs they used to be.

Judging by that game in Malta, England should be getting double figures at Wembley against that mob.

We might score a few against Malta when we play them as well.

Just bore ball

to be fair, doesnt matter Abs, Sam will get the England team results, just like at Club Football. Fans will moan, but results is all that matters. Our fans moaned at the football, but we were comfortable, until those looney bins came and promised us entertaining football with Steve fecking Kean. Sigh

Archived