BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England World Cup Campaign

chor808

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And none of the hoofball, that so many tell us, is all he plays.

Give it time.....

If we're not blaming him for an abysmal display, we're not giving him credit for keeping the ball on the floor either.

Just read he went for a draw, I feel like I've been here before, only we tended to lose away from home during his time here, its started already......

• Moderation Lead

Abysmal? :blink: Give over.

I think he said he'd have settled for a draw at a minimum, but ideally wanted a win. We drew with this same team at the Euros, less than 3 months ago, so that's some sort of improvement.

We won the game and people are using past prejudices to stick the boot in on a manager they don't like because of when he was here. We HAVE been here before.....

To be fair to Sam he'll be judged more on how he does at a finals rather than the qualifying campaign - we really should qualify from this group. I'm more interested to see how he does in Russia.

it will be boreski and de hoofski as we go outski like normski

Thoroughly sick of this Rooney position nonsense by now. How long are the press gonna keep going on about it? I feel as though it'll never end at this rate. He's one player, yeah he's the captain and he'd still get in for me but I'd say he's pretty average for that team now.

I'm sure we've got better attacking midfield options than an aging Rooney who was so deep last night, and I'm sure despite what Allardyce is saying publicly, he was disappointed with his positional play last night.

But he's made him captain, like Hodgson did, so it looks like hes in the side until Russia baring injury.

To be fair to Sam he'll be judged more on how he does at a finals rather than the qualifying campaign - we really should qualify from this group. I'm more interested to see how he does in Russia.

But to be even fairer to Sam------played 1, won 1, goals against nil!

But to be even fairer to Sam------played 1, won 1, goals against nil!

The point I was making really was that Hodgson had a 100% record in qualifying for the euros so that aspect of our game was sound anyway, it is what we do when we get to a finals where Sam will really show us that he has (or hasn't) made a difference.

I think he said he'd have settled for a draw at a minimum, but ideally wanted a win. We drew with this same team at the Euros, less than 3 months ago, so that's some sort of improvement.

We won the game and people are using past prejudices to stick the boot in on a manager they don't like because of when he was here. We HAVE been here before.....

These are the prejudices that he had to face from rovers fans before he took the Ewood job.

So there was no hoofball then? No is the answer they won't give KH.

Anyone else think Sterling isn't half the player he was at Liverpool and does not deserve to be playing for the national side.

These are the prejudices that he had to face from rovers fans before he took the Ewood job.

Yes remember the protests before he was hired. Scared Williams enough to drop the idea and hire Ince. To be honest I did not like to watch us when Sam was in charge and to me the big problem with his sacking was who they hired to replace him.

Still, I maintained a soft spot for him and always wanted his teams to do well. Do like his straight talk, not much of a BSer our Sam.

It was abysmal, the whole country agrees, read the media, do they hold prejudices?

It was worse than last time we played them thats for sure, but like I said last night after the game, its not the managers fault, but it won't be long before we have Caroll leading the front line if that lot last night don't shape up.

That's a myth.

Its a load of old bunkum that, I never heard of any protests about appointing Allardyce.

I just did say we played on the floor :blink:

Andy Caroll is currently out injured, when he returns we'll probably see plenty of hoof ball den, especially if that lot last night don't shape up.

• Moderation Lead

It was abysmal, the whole country agrees, read the media, do they hold prejudices?

It was worse than last time we played them thats for sure, but like I said last night after the game, its not the managers fault, but it won't be long before we have Caroll leading the front line if that lot last night don't shape up.

Its a load of old bunkum that, I never heard of any protests about appointing Allardyce.

Of course they do! It really wasn't abysmal, unless expectations are through the roof. Some of the comments I've read have been embarrassing, begrudging and ridiculous. I don't expect anything from England myself, as I've learnt the hard way.

He's had a week with the players in training and he won his first match. As international football is a completely different animal to club football and he got a win in his first match, I don't think we can really say any fairer than that. Like I said after the match, you only get 3 points for a win, however they come.

Just to add to the myth about protests regarding Allardyce's appointment here. It simply isn't true. I remember a Facebook group at the time pleading with Williams not to hire him, but in all honesty I doubt Williams would be concerned with the views of fans on Facebook over his own judgment....

A dignified stalwart like John Williams wouldn't have been deterred by a few disgruntled fans on Facebook.

He wanted a young manager to replicate the Sparky formula. That's why he was sounding out the likes of Shearer, and ultimately went for Ince. Still not sure what came over him there. Guy must have gave one helluva job interview.

doesn't need hoof to be boring ...and as for saying rooney can choose what he wants to play .....then that speaks volumes.

Have you heard the phrase 'haters gonna hate'? I learnt it on here not sure who from ABBEY.

Give it time.....

If we're not blaming him for an abysmal display, we're not giving him credit for keeping the ball on the floor either.

Just read he went for a draw, I feel like I've been here before, only we tended to lose away from home during his time here, its started already......

He didn't go for a draw. He said a draw was not a bad result away against the best other team in the group. He then said he had to win when they went down to ten men.

it will be boreski and de hoofski as we go outski like normski

Probalyski. Unless he has a magic wand I'm confused how he is going to make Cahill, Smalling, Henderson etc world class.

I just did say we played on the floor :blink:

Andy Caroll is currently out injured, when he returns we'll probably see plenty of hoof ball den, especially if that lot last night don't shape up.

Nope it wasn't worse than last time Gav as we clearly won. Only just mind.

Just to add to the myth about protests regarding Allardyce's appointment here. It simply isn't true. I remember a Facebook group at the time pleading with Williams not to hire him, but in all honesty I doubt Williams would be concerned with the views of fans on Facebook over his own judgment....

Myth? Just because you don't remember the circumstances KH, doesn't mean it was a myth. John Williams spoke to Allardyce about the job before appointing Ince. He was quoted in the LT, at the time of all the Facebook and local media abuse that Sam was getting, saying he'd spoken to Sam and told him that it probably wasn't the right time. He went for Ince then realised he should have taken no notice of the hate brigade. Not appointing him then, almost cost us our PL status at that point. That's just before sacking him actually did cost us our PL status.

Myth? Just because you don't remember the circumstances KH, doesn't mean it was a myth. John Williams spoke to Allardyce about the job before appointing Ince. He was quoted in the LT, at the time of all the Facebook and local media abuse that Sam was getting, saying he'd spoken to Sam and told him that it probably wasn't the right time. He went for Ince then realised he should have taken no notice of the hate brigade. Not appointing him then, almost cost us our PL status at that point. That's just before sacking him actually did cost us our PL status.

Yes, thats how I recall it unfolding. The anti-Allardyce meant we didn't get him first time round................and sadly assisted in his eventual sacking .... imo

EDIT: ''The whole Country agrees'' propoganda billicks with no foundation in fact. Read the media....read this MB!

Do you have a source for that, Den?

I remember JW coming out with a similar tale at Sam's press conference, but he didn't mention anything about the fans.

Absolute bunkum.

As if John Williams took any notice of a Facebook page, sounds like a nodrog fib to me.

Bunkum Gav?

It was something like that. Either Williams called it off, or Allardyce pulled out. One or the other. Either way, same outcome.

The forum is a poorer place without thenodrog.

He'd sort some of this crew out Al!

:)

Archived