• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Look to the Future .. Today!

U20 World Cup Final

England v Venezuela

It's LIVE on Eurosport 2

Kickoff: 5 pm UK time (check but I think I'm right)

Get behind the Younguns FFS!!!

11am kick off UK time.

• Backroom

What does Joe Hart have to do to be dropped for England? Terrible for years now. Crap for Torino this season too. Southgate's PR move of dropping Rooney means nothing if dross like Hart continue to be automatic picks.

Great atmosphere, but very dull game apart from the end. Tend not to watch games with the commentary on, as it just annoys me, but had no choice yesterday.

Wonderful hypocrisy from the ITV commentary crew as I didn't hear any criticism from them when Cahill was play acting, and Southgate waving an imaginary card was meet with total silence. 

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Look to the Future .. Today!

U20 World Cup Final

England v Venezuela

It's LIVE on Eurosport 2

Kickoff: 11am UK time

Get behind the Younguns FFS!!!

Recorded one of their games they played really well. Think England u18s won Toulon tournament as well. Also England u19s lost in a final to Spain recently (last minute equaliser and then a penalty shootout loss).  Plus we've got the u21s euro championship coming up soon... futures looking unusually bright at the moment!

Sadly we can't convert it into the main side. 

16 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Southgate proving his ineptitude and the reason that no one wanted him as manager.

So slow, full of mistakes, no rhythm, he cant make his mind up on the formation, 3 at the back, 4 at the back, no consistency.

Then the line up. Hart over Butland. Livermore and Smalling are embarrassing, shouldn't be near the squad. Rashford on the wing?

England won't progress with Southgate in charge, that's for sure.

Glad I missed it.

I don't understand why managers have these favourites, and why they keep giving shirts to the same old players - despite their form and performances. Are the marketing men still running the England squads and line-ups? If they are then we aren't likely to get a better manager than Southgate. Football is all about £££, now more than ever.

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Recorded one of their games they played really well. Think England u18s won Toulon tournament as well. Also England u19s lost in a final to Spain recently (last minute equaliser and then a penalty shootout loss).  Plus we've got the u21s euro championship coming up soon... futures looking unusually bright at the moment!

Sadly we can't convert it into the main side. 

We got over the line despite Venezuela dominating the final 30 mins. Well done the U20s :D

The upcoming generations of English players will be kept from the PL first elevens by foreign stars paid by Sky etc

I am pleased Solanke has gone to Liverpool to get a game.

Yesterday's game was hardly a classic. 

England were wasteful. Kane is a greedy so and so. He had 3 or 4 opportunities to pass to better placed team mates but shot instead. He did save England's bacon though. He does irk me. He's been $punked over all season yet he has a lot to do to make up for his woeful Euro showing last year. 

Southgate needs to get rid of Hart. England has 4 keepers, 3 younger, who are all better than him. He was at fault for both goals. Bad wall line up and bad positioning. 

I think that England finally have a bit of depth outside of central defenders. 

Getting to Russia shouldn't be a problem. What happens there will be interesting. 

18 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Southgate proving his ineptitude and the reason that no one wanted him as manager.

So slow, full of mistakes, no rhythm, he cant make his mind up on the formation, 3 at the back, 4 at the back, no consistency.

Then the line up. Hart over Butland. Livermore and Smalling are embarrassing, shouldn't be near the squad. Rashford on the wing?

England won't progress with Southgate in charge, that's for sure.

England haven't progress in the last 18 years after spending millions on managers and having some very good players.

we have appoint foreign mangers and England managers and still got no further in tournaments under Hoddle and Venables

Yesterday game wasn't good but what do you expect after the season finished 3 weeks ago. why we are playing football at this time I will never know

At international football or any football club you need to have 2 different formations that the players can play and adapt too. so why you are moaning about different formations I have no idea. just moaning for the sake moaning

Southgate was the only choice cos we have tried every other option over the past 20 years. and got nowhere. how much money wasted? 100 million quid.

How many people knew who Low was before he became Knilsmann's number 2 and then he took over as coach and been there ever since.

How many times did Mourinho play Rashford on the wing last season?

Watched the under 20's and congratulations to them.

I didn't see any real ball-playing footballers between them though, just a bunch of academy-style tall, strong, quick, lads - that's the biggest concern for me. 

You can't do much better than winning though, so I do congratulate them for that.

1 hour ago, Baz said:

I didn't see any real ball-playing footballers between them though, just a bunch of academy-style tall, strong, quick, lads - that's the biggest concern for me. 

You can't do much better than winning though, so I do congratulate them for that.

Excellent stuff from our young lads how many came from the Rovers academy ?

50 minutes ago, ultrablue said:

Just got back from the final. England did enough to win but it was tight. Fair play to Venezuela they were a really good team. 

Awesome collection of expats saw is over the line. Honoured to be there!

Watched on TV and enjoyed the game and there were some good crowd shots of England fans.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

England haven't progress in the last 18 years after spending millions on managers and having some very good players.

we have appoint foreign mangers and England managers and still got no further in tournaments under Hoddle and Venables

Yesterday game wasn't good but what do you expect after the season finished 3 weeks ago. why we are playing football at this time I will never know

At international football or any football club you need to have 2 different formations that the players can play and adapt too. so why you are moaning about different formations I have no idea. just moaning for the sake moaning

Southgate was the only choice cos we have tried every other option over the past 20 years. and got nowhere. how much money wasted? 100 million quid.

How many people knew who Low was before he became Knilsmann's number 2 and then he took over as coach and been there ever since.

How many times did Mourinho play Rashford on the wing last season?

No he was not, it was a totally bizarre appointment of someone solely on the fact that he was already pally with the FA, and you are an apologist for everything so obviously you totally agree with it.

I agree the choices are limited if you want an Englishmen, but people like Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche are proven English managers, what has Southgate ever done?

What rubbish, its alright having a back up formation if you need a Plan B but they didn't look like they know what they are doing, how many teams regularly change formation and are successful?

So are you saying that he should have picked Joe Hart over Butland? (as well as Tom Heaton) 

Would you have picked Chris Smalling, one of the clumsiest and error prone centre backs to have worn an England shirt?

Would you have picked the totally useless Jake Livermore?

Why did the side look like they had no plan or idea what they were doing, they didnt look as up for it as Scotland, we were playing an inferior team, why weren't we moving the ball quicker to tire them out rather than treating the ball like a hot potato?

Rashford is totally ineffective on the wing, his threat is in behind and his finishing, we had Sterling on the bench and Chamberlain, and got an assist and a goal from them. Why weren't they picked over an out of position forward?

The reason people become frustrated with you is that theres no reason to your arguments, if we had lost 10 nil youd have said the same.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

No he was not, it was a totally bizarre appointment of someone solely on the fact that he was already pally with the FA, and you are an apologist for everything so obviously you totally agree with it.

I agree the choices are limited if you want an Englishmen, but people like Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche are proven English managers, what has Southgate ever done?

What rubbish, its alright having a back up formation if you need a Plan B but they didn't look like they know what they are doing, how many teams regularly change formation and are successful?

So are you saying that he should have picked Joe Hart over Butland? (as well as Tom Heaton) 

Would you have picked Chris Smalling, one of the clumsiest and error prone centre backs to have worn an England shirt?

Would you have picked the totally useless Jake Livermore?

Why did the side look like they had no plan or idea what they were doing, they didnt look as up for it as Scotland, we were playing an inferior team, why weren't we moving the ball quicker to tire them out rather than treating the ball like a hot potato?

Rashford is totally ineffective on the wing, his threat is in behind and his finishing, we had Sterling on the bench and Chamberlain, and got an assist and a goal from them. Why weren't they picked over an out of position forward?

The reason people become frustrated with you is that theres no reason to your arguments, if we had lost 10 nil youd have said the same.

Howe didn't want the job. plenty of reports he didn't want at the time. Dyche? no thanks

I thought Southgate deserved his chance after his under 21's spell and winning a tournament last summer. The under 20's won their tournament today.

I never mention Hart, Smalling or Livermore tho. maybe cos I agree with you. On Livermore I was baffled but we do have a lack of talent there so hopefully we can find someone from under 21;s to step into their void. guess Wilshere would be the top choice but always injured. Barkley or Ali aren't in centre midfield player either but number 10 role in 4-2-3-1.

we don't change formation regularly tho. In qualifies we have played the same formation. Southgate opted to change formation for a friendly game. which is the only really time he is going to be able to try and test the formation. Not going to try it in a qualifying game when points are  

Yesterday game was poor but I expected it to be so. Don't know why people expected any difference tbh. it middle of June and we are still playing football. Scotland were poor aswell.

Rashford didn't play as a proper winger tho, he kept going inside instead of staying wide and given width. That's was the problem with Both wide players. That's why Chamberlain came on.

3 hours ago, Baz said:

That's why we struggle at top level. We've got plenty of people who can run around a lot but nobody who can consistently run at people and go past them a la Damien Duff or a Tugay style player who can direct traffic from the centre of the pitch.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's why we struggle at top level. We've got plenty of people who can run around a lot but nobody who can consistently run at people and go past them a la Damien Duff or a Tugay style player who can direct traffic from the centre of the pitch.

We often do, but we don't play them. See Carrick. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Howe didn't want the job. plenty of reports he didn't want at the time. Dyche? no thanks

I thought Southgate deserved his chance after his under 21's spell and winning a tournament last summer. The under 20's won their tournament today.

I never mention Hart, Smalling or Livermore tho. maybe cos I agree with you. On Livermore I was baffled but we do have a lack of talent there so hopefully we can find someone from under 21;s to step into their void. guess Wilshere would be the top choice but always injured. Barkley or Ali aren't in centre midfield player either but number 10 role in 4-2-3-1.

we don't change formation regularly tho. In qualifies we have played the same formation. Southgate opted to change formation for a friendly game. which is the only really time he is going to be able to try and test the formation. Not going to try it in a qualifying game when points are  

Yesterday game was poor but I expected it to be so. Don't know why people expected any difference tbh. it middle of June and we are still playing football. Scotland were poor aswell.

Rashford didn't play as a proper winger tho, he kept going inside instead of staying wide and given width. That's was the problem with Both wide players. That's why Chamberlain came on.

Dyche who took a very average set of players from the Championship to preparing for a second Prem season is "no thanks" but Southgate who is a proven managerial failure is the right man? And I bet Howe would have done.

So why didn't you criticise him for picking almost half a side that you dont agree with, when you have every right to do so? You can disagree with a manager you know.

We do but there are better options, Barkley as you say, Ward-Prowse, Dier, yes it's not ideal but Livermore is a joke of an England player.

And Rashford will instinctively drift in because he isnt a winger! And we have 2 on the bench, both of whom had an impact as subs.

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sorry but Carrick isn't fit to lace Tugay's boots.

Carrick seems to be one of the most divisive footballers around. I think he's been a sensational player over a long period of time. But some people don't rate him at all.

Tugay had more "magic" to him - more flair and more ability to execute the spectacular. But Carrick deserves far more recognition than he gets for his ability to spot forward passes and his willingness to hit them in an era where players seem to think 100 5-yard sideways/backward passes a match make them a midfield genius.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yesterday game was poor but I expected it to be so. Don't know why people expected any difference tbh. it middle of June and we are still playing football. 

I expected it to be poor because we're a poor team - every month of the year. The World Cup next summer is a write-off already then I'm guessing, if we can't expect England to play well in June? 

Archived