SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England World Cup Campaign

chor808

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, roverandout said:

On current form. If he was on the market now, every top club in europe would be in for him. 

He's doing ok now but in the Euro's he was putting free kicks into row Z. Playing in the Premier League and International Football are playing at two entirely different levels. I'll wait while he's had a full season at the top before I get carried away.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

What about Dyche?

Can you please answer why Southgate was the correct appointment in the first place?

And it doesn't matter if we spend the whole game passing slowly around the back where our worst technical players are, allowing our opponents to get in shape and closing up the space for our quick players.

I know they arent but with Kane, Sterling, Alli, Rashford etc we should at least be alot more exciting than we are.

Was Dyche even linked to job or even asked by the media about it. 

You mention Dyche name so look into it yourself instead of expecting me to do the work for you. 

Already explain Southgate thing but you have chosen to ignore it. Correct appointment? We qualify for the world cup didnt we. Plus lets see how he does in the world cup then judge him. 

My expectations for the World Cup? Been happy to qualifying for the second round possible quarter finals. Nothing more as we dont have quality players to do any better. 

US is freaking facing elimination nearing the 90th minute, check this out, unbelievable... I think the USA is out of it. No 2018 World Cup for USA, eliminated.

Trinidad 2 1 USA

Honduras 3 2 Mexico

Panama 2 1 Costa Rica

All games are final now.

http://us.soccerway.com/international/nc-america/wc-qualifying-concacaf/2018-russia/5th-round/r30644/

Panama got a late goal at home to defeat CR; pretty amazing, all the scores went so Panama and Honduras, going into this last match with 10 points apiece, leapfrog over the USA (12 points), I'm pretty sure.

Remember in 2006, England was in the group stage with Trinidad and Tobago, Sweden and Paraguay. I remember that well.  Trinidad gave 'em a run.

8 hours ago, Audax said:

US is freaking facing elimination nearing the 90th minute, check this out, unbelievable... I think the USA is out of it. No 2018 World Cup for USA, eliminated.

Trinidad 2 1 USA

Honduras 3 2 Mexico

Panama 2 1 Costa Rica

All games are final now.

http://us.soccerway.com/international/nc-america/wc-qualifying-concacaf/2018-russia/5th-round/r30644/

Panama got a late goal at home to defeat CR; pretty amazing, all the scores went so Panama and Honduras, going into this last match with 10 points apiece, leapfrog over the USA (12 points), I'm pretty sure.

Remember in 2006, England was in the group stage with Trinidad and Tobago, Sweden and Paraguay. I remember that well.  Trinidad gave 'em a run.

Looking at that WC final qualifying league table and just from a football perpective the US needs more, not less, Mexicans.

Honduras go to a playoff v Australia.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Looking at that WC final qualifying league table and just from a football perpective the US needs more, not less, Mexicans.

Honduras go to a playoff v Australia.

What? You want teams to cheat to win? Mexico missed a World Cup due to an age scandal, 1990.

Or better referees, if you say that, Mexico missed the 1990 World Cup because they were penalised on an age scandal, in other words, cheating if one is preaching from their perch and I always cheer on Mexico generally in the World Cup. Politics, no thank you, though one could make the same case for Australia, what a tasteless remark.  Additionally, a clear bad goal by Panama :

15 hours ago, roverandout said:

On current form. If he was on the market now, every top club in europe would be in for him. 

I've no disagreement with that. He's worth top dollar.

15 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's doing ok now but in the Euro's he was putting free kicks into row Z. Playing in the Premier League and International Football are playing at two entirely different levels. I'll wait while he's had a full season at the top before I get carried away.

Correct. Until he has a good Champs League and goals in the World Cup he'll play second fiddle to the players I mentioned yesterday. 

3 hours ago, Audax said:

What? You want teams to cheat to win? Mexico missed a World Cup due to an age scandal, 1990.

Or better referees, if you say that, Mexico missed the 1990 World Cup because they were penalised on an age scandal, in other words, cheating if one is preaching from their perch and I always cheer on Mexico generally in the World Cup. Politics, no thank you, though one could make the same case for Australia, what a tasteless remark.  Additionally, a clear bad goal by Panama :

A shocking decision. How can they get that so wrong unless someone had got at the officials?

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Sanchez, aguero, lewendowski

Yeah, Sanchez is better, Aguero as good, Lewendowski I've not seen for a while. ibrahamovic was better until he got injured. Lukaka on song is better.

Let's face it we've got a team of second raters that don't even play to the best of their ability in competitions because they don't like being away from their comfort zone.  Soft as s--t posh boys who don't know the price of a bottle of milk.

I wouldn't count Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, Sanchez etc. as out and out strikers, Kane is the best out and out striker in the world for me. Suarez has declined significantly in the last year or so, and Lewandowski is the only one that you could really make a case for, although I have seen a fair bit of both and I think Kane is better. Aguero is quality but if I had to pick one, I would go with Kane.

Danny Rose is very close to being world class for me, the best left back in the league without a doubt and I can only think of Marcelo who is definitely better than him in the world. His problem is staying fit, he's looking like a bit of a crock at the minute.

Rose and walker arw top class fullbacks. Our team is all right overall apart from central midfield which is woeful. If we had someone like barkley living up to his potential then maybe i would have faith. We havent had a gerrard, gazza, lampard, scholes or a beckham for years. Tyrone's pessimism is somewhat justified but our players are alot better than what they are currently showing.

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

A shocking decision. How can they get that so wrong unless someone had got at the officials?

It was a penalty though. The attacker should have just smacked it in but got impeded, hence why he ended up trying to head it in on the line.

Just now, roverandout said:

Rose and walker arw top class fullbacks. Our team is all right overall apart from central midfield which is woeful. If we had someone like barkley living up to his potential then maybe i would have faith. We havent had a gerrard, gazza, lampard, scholes or a beckham for years. Tyrone's pessimism is somewhat justified but our players are alot better than what they are currently showing.

At international level:-

Keeper is poor.

Central defenders are not great.

Midfield and forward, for all their individual shows of flair, can't create.

First World Cup I remember properly was '86 and it's the poorerst spell for English players in my lifetime. It's a good job there's a starman, waiting in the wings.

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, Sanchez is better, Aguero as good, Lewendowski I've not seen for a while. ibrahamovic was better until he got injured. Lukaka on song is better.

Let's face it we've got a team of second raters that don't even play to the best of their ability in competitions because they don't like being away from their comfort zone.  Soft as s--t posh boys who don't know the price of a bottle of milk.

Agree with that although I would have kane over lukaku any day of the week

This has slipped completely under the radar as far as I was concerned. It seems to me to be another UEFA hare-brained idea which will no doubt be designed to generate even more money. I would imagine the top European clubs aren't too enamoured with this.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/uefa-nations-league-pots-confirmed-11324382

On 07/10/2017 at 12:01, arbitro said:

It will be interesting if Scotland make the qualifiers to see how many games Mulgrew might miss. The play off games are scheduled between November 6th and 14th and our fixtures are:

Tuesday 31st Oct - Fleetwood.

Saturday 4th Nov - FA Cup first round.

Tuesday 7th Nov - Rochdale (Checkatrade).

Saturday 11th Nov - Walsall.

I don't think he would play in both cup games but potentially missing two league games could be costly.

Thought that would be it for international breaks for us, but read this morning that Scotland want to arrange a friendly for November, Canada do the same and that's Walsall off.

Qualifiers and play offs, I've no problem with, but why on Earth are Scotland (with no manager) looking to play the most pointlless of friendlies next month?!

Archived