BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Articles Related To Venky's And Rovers

DE.

Brilliant, everyone start posting in the comments box, keep it professional.

This bit caught my eye

"Sakal Times contacted Venky's through their PR agency to seek response to the fans ire, but the owner preferred not to comment. The Public Relation firm responded by saying that owners do not wish to say anything on the ongoing crises at the club."

Effin hell, an admission that we are a crisis club from the owners!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Brilliant, everyone start posting in the comments box, keep it professional.

This bit caught my eye

"Sakal Times contacted Venky's through their PR agency to seek response to the fans ire, but the owner preferred not to comment. The Public Relation firm responded by saying that owners do not wish to say anything on the ongoing crises at the club."

Effin hell, an admission that we are a crisis club from the owners!

Technically it's probably the paper describing as a crisis club, as opposed to the owners. The fact they won't say a thing about it says a lot, when they were more than happy to speak up 2/3 years ago.

I remember that night well. I think it was Kamy who said the press releases for Kean's sacking were literally ready to go at Ewood before Venky's pulled a U-Turn at the last second. A really sickening night.

All articles above added to the first post.

Mrs Desai is known to want to improve relations with fans groups. Via Shebby Singh she has told one supporters’ group that if they nominate three Rovers fans who need ‘life-changing medical treatment’, then Venky’s will arrange and pay for such treatment.

Did this ever happen, btw? My guess is no.

• Backroom

News is spreading and someone has done their homework at fansnetwork.co.uk

''Now the only question that really matters is exactly how much of Blackburn Rovers as we know it is going to be left when this shameful episode in British football’s recent history is over? If indeed there’s anything left at all.''

''If ever there was a case to be made for rules permitting league or FA intervention, seizing ownership of clubs being run in this manner, appointing an independent board and management team to oversee the restoration of sanity and sound business practice before eventually selling it back into the private sector once more then this is it.''

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/43756/

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/43755/

• Backroom

The FA dropped the ball completely.

They even snubbed and ignored correspondence from the Minister of Sport and the local MPs.

The question is did they drop the ball, or purposefully chuck it into the nearest bin?

The FA dropped the ball completely.

They even snubbed and ignored correspondence from the Minister of Sport and the local MPs.

just thinking out loud here so shoot me down if need be..

we have a number of police who are members on here (no idea of ranks) ,could the files not be passed to them for CID /Fraud or whoever for investigation?

fbi ?Interpol?

• Backroom

Added an article from the Guardian in 2010 regarding Dave Whelan's reaction to the takeover, containing the prophetic words:

"The Blackburn deal doesn't sound right, and it doesn't look right."

That is bloody fantastic and shows the Action is working.

Think it is time that WAR warned the Lancashire Telegraph that their supine behaviour will mean that post-Venkys the 'phoenix' Club will have to re-evaluate its relationship with the Local paper!

• Backroom

'If they (the fans) are not there, we (Venkys) are not there'

On removing Steve Kean: 'It's not so easy to put somebody in and out, in and out...'

:lol::lol: :lol:

Added this and the 2012 interview where he's bald and without tash. I wasn't sure how to differentiate them so just labelled the second one as Ventatesh Rao without moustache.

Archived