BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Articles Related To Venky's And Rovers

DE.

• Backroom

I feel like I'm missing something really obvious here... but how do I edit my posts? Under options I only have 'hide'...

Edit: Okay, so I can edit this post, but none of my past ones... what gives?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DE. said:

I feel like I'm missing something really obvious here... but how do I edit my posts? Under options I only have 'hide'...

Edit: Okay, so I can edit this post, but none of my past ones... what gives?

The edit facility only lasts 15 mins apparently.

• Backroom
35 minutes ago, den said:

The edit facility only lasts 15 mins apparently.

Bizarre. Oh well, guess I won't be adding anything to the first page!

• Backroom
Just now, Glenn said:

Hum, yeah, I hadn't considered that. The feature is normally used to stop people 'rewriting history' in arguments.

I'll re-enable it

Thanks. I can understand the logic behind it, but normally during arguments the original post is quoted anyway, and editing the original post won't change the quote.

• Backroom

One of my favourite articles yet.

Not sure on some of the dates though it says Anderson was shoved out in spring 2011, I was in Pune in Autumn 2011 - and so was he.

Maybe he was just there as Keans agent at that point.

Astonishing article, especially the bit about the FA's head of integrity (ha!) not knowing about the legal fight between Venky's and Kentaro, an FA partner.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry that our youth team were tasked with delivering hampers to Premier League Execs. What a joke of a club.

Incompetent owners, fleeced by dodgy agents, and ignored by the FA. Shameful.

• Backroom

And most of that article only focused on the first year or so. When you think about what's gone on since then, it's a miracle we aren't already in League 1 or lower.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Astonishing article, especially the bit about the FA's head of integrity (ha!) not knowing about the legal fight between Venky's and Kentaro, an FA partner.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry that our youth team were tasked with delivering hampers to Premier League Execs. What a joke of a club.

Incompetent owners, fleeced by dodgy agents, and ignored by the FA. Shameful.

Just incompetence then? :huh:

"mortified and ashamed" but do noting to rectify the consequences of their actions and continue to hang on despite a good offer and despite the situation getting worse by the day.

More than incompetence involved here.

They may say it is "their club, their fault" but what are they doing about it and why won't they sell?

Also a veiled dig at the fans in parts - and what on earth was the bit about Venky Rao being subject to a kidnapping attempt? Surely that should have been a criminal investigation and therefore in the news?

This is all covered in my blog and more, with Nick now putting more out there via National press, perhaps the noose which has prevented exposure is finally being lifted, especially as companies are liquidated and don't now have the funds for injunctions and legals.

I still think a book should be written regarding the truth at Rovers and the FA should be target number 1, for going great lengths to bury the truth

26 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I still think a book should be written regarding the truth at Rovers and the FA should be target number 1, for going great lengths to bury the truth

Whoever writes it, get it proof read! :D

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

This is all covered in my blog and more, with Nick now putting more out there via National press, perhaps the noose which has prevented exposure is finally being lifted, especially as companies are liquidated and don't now have the funds for injunctions and legals.

5 years on, the mainstream media, or some of it, are finally highlighting what Rovers fans, or some of them, have been saying for years.

A bit earlier and we might have been in better place.

The only person to write that book is you Glen! Hope you're well. What've you been up to?

Any more blogs to come?

9 hours ago, 47er said:

Just incompetence then? :huh:

"mortified and ashamed" but do noting to rectify the consequences of their actions and continue to hang on despite a good offer and despite the situation getting worse by the day.

More than incompetence involved here.

There's nothing in that article to suggest anything other than incompetence....apart from if they knowingly let a 3rd party run the club, which is against FA/Prem rules I believe. It's proving it that will be the problem.

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

There's nothing in that article to suggest anything other than incompetence....apart from if they knowingly let a 3rd party run the club, which is against FA/Prem rules I believe. It's proving it that will be the problem.

Against the rules unless they're an official FA partner apparently, then it just gets buried :rolleyes: the FA must have been delighted when we were relegated to relative obscurity in the Championship.

2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

As we have discussed before Glen, my mate is a writer and had a few footy books published. He will give you a hand if you ever need it.

Archived