Just now, broadsword said:

A - he did say it, I'll pay the quote for you. If you've got a problem with it take it up with him

B - I work in pharma. So I do know what I'm talking about. I've worked on regulatory submissions. Admittedly my knowledge of office furniture is a little hazy

C - what I've said is verifiable. You post about conversations with your wife and David Brent at the chair castor and whiteboard magnet pow-wow. When people don't take you at face value you blather on about negativity. 

Here you go :

https://pharmaphorum.com/news/chinese-patients-new-drugs-before-uk-brexit-ceo/

That's from the ceo of that company, an attributable quote. But you know better because the bloke who cleans your windows, his granny had a funny turn and asked about it at boots and the Saturday girl there said her dad went to confession and the priest there said his uncle was at lourdes and he got talking to a bookmaker who went to the doctors with an ingrowing toenail and the doctor said brexit won't affect anything. So that's me told

You're just taking the piss and mocking.  When you get down to that level you've lost the argument 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You're just taking the piss and mocking.  When you get down to that level you've lost the argument 

No, that’s when you refuse to engage with the point being made because facts ,and statements from experts in their field, outweigh anecdotes that are not similarly backed up by facts and statements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

I really wouldn’t bother arguing with them pal, this thread is populated with remoaners and you will just get shouted down.  They have their mindset and that’s it, just leave them to it and we’ll see what happens post 29th March.

6 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Switch out the classy 'remoaners' for 'Brexiteers' and it's literally the exact same the other way around, to be fair.

This is the only current concrete outcome to emerge from Brexit. It has caused a massive division in UK society. Friendships have been lost, families don't talk to each other. It also caused a schism on this messageboard.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if it was all stage managed. It has parallel's with Trump's election victory, and they are uncovering all sorts on that.

Separately, the EMA is moving to Amsterdam from London. Whatever way you slice it it's not good for pharmaceuticals development in Britain.

5 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

This is the only current concrete outcome to emerge from Brexit. It has caused a massive division in UK society. Friendships have been lost, families don't talk to each other. It also caused a schism on this messageboard.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if it was all stage managed. It has parallel's with Trump's election victory, and they are uncovering all sorts on that.

Separately, the EMA is moving to Amsterdam from London. Whatever way you slice it it's not good for pharmaceuticals development in Britain.

Im not a tinfoil hat wearer, but a destabilised Europe is good for many outside influences. Although you had enough internal influences pushing for brexit, so rather than a conspiracy, more of a hodge podge. 

12 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm relaxed about whichever way the country leaves. Deal or not.

Not bothered about pharmaceuticals then? :wacko:

If my wife were a director at one of the world's biggest drug companies, I wouldn't worry about Brexit  either (or much else for that matter!)

If its true of course.  :rock:

Things will be shite but I don't think we'll be eating our elderly relatives and rummaging through bins for food like some fear. With important things like medicine something will be sorted out to keep the country hobbling around without it turning into 28 days later.

Of course, like eating mouldy jam and claiming food supplies will be adequate to keep you alive, it is hardly a positive and aspirational message heralding a new era of plenty.

On 07/02/2019 at 12:00, Ewood Ace said:

All the Main Stream Media in this country support the neo liberal establishment be it Sky, ITV, BBC, all the major national newspapers.  Which is exactly why is do look at a wider range of media to see beyond the MSM propaganda.

I can't find the exact posts but think you used the French gilet jeune protests and Venezuela situation to illustrate your point.

My media consumption is limited to MSM and especially the BBC, Guardian, Independent. I was well aware of these topics before Christmas. I think you need to read these sources more deeply.

I've recently spent 14 nights in hospital. The only newspaper available was the MOS. I tried to read this paper - frankly it was impossible to maintain any engagement whatsoever.

Edited by Paul

Earlier this week I was discharged from a Preston NHS hospital after 14 nights following a blue light admission.

My operation alone by one of the best in the country cost £30,000.

I've been cared for by staff who were at least 50% non-ethnic UK, probably more so. After a while I gave up trying to retain where these people originated from or their reasons for being here.

This morning I'm on the road back to full recovery, the alternative being death or worse.

The UK has always been a wonderful cultural melting pot, one which saved my life two weeks ago. How anyone can even begin to believe we will be stronger on March 30th is utterly beyond me.

We simply must Remain in the EU.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Earlier this week I was discharged from a Preston NHS hospital after 14 nights following a blue light admission.

I've been cared for by staff who were at least 50% non-ethnic UK, probably more so. After a while I gave up trying to retain where these people originated from or their reasons for being here.

This morning I'm on the road back to full recovery, the alternative being death or worse.

The UK has always been a wonderful cultural melting pot, one which saved my life two weeks ago. How anyone can even begin to believe we will be stronger on March 30th is utterly beyond me.

Get well soon and make a full recovery Paul!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, philipl said:

Get well soon and make a full recovery Paul!

You can put your money on this Philip. Thank you.

The NHS staff are already talking about my progress since discharge on Tuesday. I have long way to travel but crucially my mind is working properly - I only understood fully afterwards how close I was to becoming vegetation!!! The physical parts of my body just need time to heal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Sorry to hear that you have been seriously unwell.  Hope and pray that you are able to make a full recovery.

Take care Paul.

In times of need the NHS and it’s workers are top class. You couldn’t have been anywhere better.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

NHS staff of all nationalities do a wonderful job despite the lack of support from a truly hideous government. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

NHS staff of all nationalities do a wonderful job despite the lack of support from a truly hideous government. 

Of course they do and I would never argue otherwise. The NHS is one of our greatest institutions.

The real point though is people and investment. For decades we have failed to invest in infrastructure, training and staff. Today the government underfunding of the NHS is largely reliant on non UK labour. A policy which helps us "enjoy" a low tax economy.

For decades these people have chosen to live, work and train in what must be a very attractive country to visit. In six weeks we are getting ready to tell them all to FO home.

Only the British could be so crazily self-centered. These people deserve a huge "please stay, we love you" hug.

Anyone who wants to Leave the EU needs to have a long hard look at themselves and our society. Frankly I'd rather loser 17m Brexiters than the same number of migrants.

The UK IS CRACKERS.

• Like 1

It's like the typical mentality of not wanting to pay to much tax but whining about the state of public services. 

It's the mentality of wanting the benefits of EU membership, being part of the single market, visa - free travel anywhere within the euro zone, no tariffs. But we don't want any bloody foreigners. We'll, we want their labour, but is it ok if they commute in from Poland or wherever? 

And when this whole disaster is finally over, they'll blame it going wrong on the EU

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Paul said:

Of course they do and I would never argue otherwise. The NHS is one of our greatest institutions.

The real point though is people and investment. For decades we have failed to invest in infrastructure, training and staff. Today the government underfunding of the NHS is largely reliant on non UK labour. A policy which helps us "enjoy" a low tax economy.

For decades these people have chosen to live, work and train in what must be a very attractive country to visit. In six weeks we are getting ready to tell them all to FO home.

Only the British could be so crazily self-centered. These people deserve a huge "please stay, we love you" hug.

Anyone who wants to Leave the EU needs to have a long hard look at themselves and our society. Frankly I'd rather loser 17m Brexiters than the same number of migrants.

The UK IS CRACKERS.

Get well soon Paul, all the best.

I'm getting quite stressed to be honest. Although it's looking likely that Article 50 will be extended, that isn't certain as yet, and a no-deal is still a possibility. I don't think we're going to know possibly until days before we're supposed to leave. As it stands, if my rights are revoked overnight, I may well have to leave my wife and step-kids here and return to the UK, and I have no idea where that leaves us then.

Brexit is what was voted for - fair enough - but it has been hell for us to even try to plan around it, because we have no idea what we're supposed to plan for, yet, and it's now just over a month away. The whole thing sucks for us, but I'm praying that some sort of compassion is shown. By the letter of the law, it doesn't have to be, and possibly won't. We;ve gone from apathy to stress. The ambassador is meeting us at the end of this month, but I doubt even he can give us any concrete answers over any of the scenarios.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

I'm getting quite stressed to be honest. Although it's looking likely that Article 50 will be extended, that isn't certain as yet, and a no-deal is still a possibility. I don't think we're going to know possibly until days before we're supposed to leave. As it stands, if my rights are revoked overnight, I may well have to leave my wife and step-kids here and return to the UK, and I have no idea where that leaves us then.

Brexit is what was voted for - fair enough - but it has been hell for us to even try to plan around it, because we have no idea what we're supposed to plan for, yet, and it's now just over a month away. The whole thing sucks for us, but I'm praying that some sort of compassion is shown. By the letter of the law, it doesn't have to be, and possibly won't. We;ve gone from apathy to stress. The ambassador is meeting us at the end of this month, but I doubt even he can give us any concrete answers over any of the scenarios.

That is just awful to read. Absolutely disgusting. Ashamed to be British at times.

I suspect mutual rights will be the outcome though, just hang in there. Easy for me to say!

19 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

We have a pretty heartless Prime Minister Phil. You only need to follow the windrush story and what’s happened to them - and what’s still happening. Not all of the Tories are like that, but there’s a big chunk of them that certainly are.

hope everything works out well for you.

26 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I think I read somewhere that a deal has recently been struck with Italy to secure citizens rights of Brits already living over there, and also Italians rights living here, in the event of a no deal. You'd hope those deals are agreed with all the EU countries. 

51 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

www.thelocal.com

CROATIA

"The Interior Ministry in Croatia, which joined the EU in 2013, told BIRN that “special rules will be applied UK citizens who, on March 29, 2019, have regulated status of foreigner in the Republic of Croatia, which will allow [them] to maintain the right of residence.” But the ministry said it was “still developing in details the modalities of residence” of British citizens in Croatia after Brexit and how new documents would be issued," according to news portal Balkan Insight. 

Approximately 850 UK nationals live in Croatia. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I have found I am waking up having dreamed about fucking Brexit.

On many levels I am OK having been in Malta on and off for 17 years and had a base here even when going over a year without visiting Malta.

But having a wife who is a Chinese national whom I met in Malta, I know that if we didn't have Maltese residence by dint of me being a British European citizen then No Deal on 29 March could mean we are forced to live 7,000 miles apart.

OK I had an Irish grandpa and could get Maltese citizenship but that's not the point.

The plonkers who voted leave have forced me to migrate my tax away from the UK (I was NOT a tax migrant despite the common assumption I would be) and could force me to take dual or triple citizenship.

I know that my Maltese ID card is going to become far more powerful for traveling around Europe than my British Passport which is beyond bonkers.

The High Commissioner (Ambassador- Malta is a Commonwealth nation) here is in a circle of hell holding consultation meetings around Malta and finding ever creative ways to say he doesn't know whilst being yelled at, laughed at and having a third of his audience often crying in fear and desperation.

FFS, how do all these moronic Brexiters think the Empire which they are so proud of came into being without Brits going abroad?  How do they think we will do trade now without people crossing borders in ever greater numbers?

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

The reality is British people in each of the EU27 are dependent on the country they are in to look after them. The UK Government has abandoned us to all effective intents and purposes and our most effective and powerful voice is Guy Verhofstadt, Leader of the Liberals in the European Parliament who is also spokesman for the European Parliament on Brexit and as such still exercises a veto on any deal.  

Ireland and Malta are the most generous but France and Spain are looking seriously problematic.

France are playing hardball over how Britain is treating EU27 citizens in the UK which tells you Britain is treating the 3m EU27 citizens damned badly. 

It's why my daughter took dual German and British citizenship before the referendum and just in case. She knew shed get it then because she met all the criteria but had no guarantees what might happen if the unthinkable happened and we voted leave. 

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I think I read somewhere that a deal has recently been struck with Italy to secure citizens rights of Brits already living over there, and also Italians rights living here, in the event of a no deal. You'd hope those deals are agreed with all the EU countries. 

Yes. Portugal and a small handful of countries have done the same. Croatia is one of the more laid back ones, and there's only a handful of Blighties here (1,000 or so). I need to look at what @philipl has just posted. I'm not sure where that has come from, because none of the community here has mentioned anything about that, and getting information from the authorities here is almost impossible. They have a "nema veze" mentality here - "doesn't matter" - which is sort of one of its endearing beauties! But I guess I can't cherry pick. 😁