9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

MP's are trying to stop what the people voted for 2016 by a clear majority cos they don't want to leave. They can keep saying they are doing it in national interest But I don't believe them at all

But you do believe the likes of Johnson and Rees-Mogg? I don't think they care about you!

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

The disingenuous offer of a general election is a loaded gun. What most Labour MP's are saying bring it on BUT after the October 31at deadline. Before that they (and the majority of Parliament) want no deal taken off the table and ideally an extension in place. If and when that happens then a general election will decide who has to negotiate a deal with the EU.

It's clear from your posts that you are happy with no deal. If I'm wrong here then I apologise but wasn't your wife seriously ill recently and was treated by the NHS and made a full recovery. No deal would almost certainly bring the Americans into controlling parts of the NHS and as a result the incredible institution that we take for granted would not offer anything like we get at the moment.

If you're prepared to risk that (and many other things) then I'm lost for words.

Corbyn has been begging for an Election and then when he gets his wish he doesn't vote for it. He has been banging on about it for the last 2 years and then when he get his chance he ran away like a baby. 

Why do you believe that NHS is on the table? Both Johnson and the Health Secretary Matt Hancock have said that NHS wont be on the table. 

Yes my wife to be was seriously ill and did have Major surgery on the Brain about 2/3 years ago

6 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Is there not also some blame to be laid at the door of the Brexit figureheads (Farage, Johnson, Gove, Rees-Mogg, Francois, etc.) to have done something about their electorate's wishes BEFORE the 2017 General Election, whereby you could have had your chance to place Brexit politicians in Parliament to help carry out your wishes?

I said MP's. Parliament has stopped us from leaving the EU. Watching yesterday PMQ was disgraceful at certain shouting at PM has he is talking and replying to MP's questions and the same when Corbyn was talking. The Speaker of the house is a disgrace and over reaching every time. Time he was oust in the next election. 

Look at tonight Question time, and how ridiculous Emily Thornberry sound when she said she would negotiate the best deal she could but then said she would campaign for Remain. How stupid can you get. Iain Dale comments to her was spot on how ridiculous she sounded. The Woman in the audience was spot on when she said the members of Parliament are disgraceful. People voted in a referendum to leave and you aren't respect the result. and That members of Parliament are making this country a laughing stock. 

2 hours ago, Blow-in said:

Is your electricity gone?

I said newspapers not websites. I've read vary newspapers apart from Daily Mirror on the internet

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why do you believe that NHS is on the table? Both Johnson and the Health Secretary Matt Hancock have said that NHS wont be on the table. 

Answered your own question there. Tories are affronted by the idea of the NHS. Imagine the great unwashed getting free health care?

If Johnson told me the sky is blue I’d have to check.

The problem is, Chaddy, that Johnson in particular is a proven serial liar. That's not opinion, but fact. Look at the number of things he's said and then done the opposite. He is to politics what Kean was to football management and yet for some reason you and millions of others have decided to trust him because he promises what you want to hear. I'm no fan of Corbyn and blame him for much of the Brexit chaos but I'd expect him to tell me the truth far more than I'd trust Johnson. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Corbyn has been begging for an Election and then when he gets his wish he doesn't vote for it. He has been banging on about it for the last 2 years and then when he get his chance he ran away like a baby. 

It's been explained to you several times why the opposition parties don't want an election until after 31st October.  

To put it simply, in words that you might understand, it's because they don't trust Johnson to pull another trick and try to force through a no-deal in the event of an early election. Seeing as Johnson as a serial liar, who can blame them? 

Still awaiting answers to the questions I posed. 

Chaddy if Rovers face a points deduction in a season and could  be relegated due to it. but if it could be  done the next season and could have a chance of safety  when would you have it done ?

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes my wife to be was seriously ill and did have Major surgery on the Brain about 2/3 years ago

I said MP's. Parliament has stopped us from leaving the EU. Watching yesterday PMQ was disgraceful at certain shouting at PM has he is talking and replying to MP's questions and the same when Corbyn was talking. The Speaker of the house is a disgrace and over reaching every time. Time he was oust in the next election. 

Look at tonight Question time, and how ridiculous Emily Thornberry sound when she said she would negotiate the best deal she could but then said she would campaign for Remain. How stupid can you get. Iain Dale comments to her was spot on how ridiculous she sounded. The Woman in the audience was spot on when she said the members of Parliament are disgraceful. People voted in a referendum to leave and you aren't respect the result. and That members of Parliament are making this country a laughing stock. 

I said newspapers not websites. I've read vary newspapers apart from Daily Mirror on the internet

It's not currently a level playing field and Johnson knows that. Why do you think Johnson voted down Maybot's proposed deals twice? He wants to leave with no deal to let the Yanks in for parts of the NHS and lots of other trade deals. They have already been sniffing around and with Trump playing Johnson like a fiddle and backhanders it will happen.

If you believe a proven liar, racist, mysoginistic, bully and hypocrite then you do so (and I mean Johnson not Trump).

Just when you think Brexit can't get any farcical. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Can't we just veto the whole thing and go back to business as usual?

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

It's not currently a level playing field and Johnson knows that. Why do you think Johnson voted down Maybot's proposed deals twice? He wants to leave with no deal to let the Yanks in for parts of the NHS and lots of other trade deals. They have already been sniffing around and with Trump playing Johnson like a fiddle and backhanders it will happen.

If you believe a proven liar, racist, mysoginistic, bully and hypocrite then you do so (and I mean Johnson not Trump).

Yes and pretended his real concern was to get rid of the back-stop. Couldn't care less about Ireland which voted Remain anyway!

10 hours ago, Amo said:

Just when you think Brexit can't get any farcical. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Can't we just veto the whole thing and go back to business as usual?

What's funny about it is that we are not actually even close to the end of the brexit debacle. Even if Johnson get a withdrawal deal by October 31st (which of course he has absolutely no chance of doing) we will have years of negotiations around other components of Brexit. It's going to drag on and on and on and on, even in the best case scenario.

Edited by joey_big_nose

19 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

It's been explained to you several times why the opposition parties don't want an election until after 31st October.  

To put it simply, in words that you might understand, it's because they don't trust Johnson to pull another trick and try to force through a no-deal in the event of an early election. Seeing as Johnson as a serial liar, who can blame them? 

That could be easy solved by passing legislation on a specific date on when the election would be held on. Also Iain Dale said the same last night on question time that this issue. 

12 hours ago, philipl said:

Still hiding Chaddy?

Hiding? what are you on about? 

Ive been working, spending time with family and watching the cricket over the few days. I spend less time on here and doing other things compare to my last time on here before my ban. No one is hiding just that I have other more important things to do these days

12 hours ago, arbitro said:

He wants to leave with no deal to let the Yanks in for parts of the NHS and lots of other trade deals. 

Johnson wants to let the Yanks into the NHS? 

1) There will be a specific date for an election, it just won't be a date that Johnson would prefer. Anything wrong with that?

2) So now you're back, there are lots of questions posters have put to you which you are still ignoring while continuing to repeat your same points which led them to post in the first place!

3) as part of a trade deal with the USA, the Americans are looking for us to relax our environmental rules on crops and  animal welfare to increases their food exports to UK. As well, their Health Insurance companies and giant Drug companies are looking to gain more access to NHS programmes. If USA situation is any guide, these will result in higher costs for an already stretched system and possibly more "user pays" scenarios where people will stay ill because they can't afford the costs.

That's the fear. Meanwhile, because of their numerical strength, the EU will continue to negotiate a better deal with the US than we can and in an earlier time frame.

We could have been part of that trade deal but ,no, we prefer to take on the might of the US be on our own!

Any comment?

Any deal with the US is currently a complete red herring because it simply won’t happen until the Irish border and the backstop are sorted. It doesn’t matter how matey Johnson and Trump are because Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats will not agree to any trade deal that threatens the Good Friday agreement - period.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That could be easy solved by passing legislation on a specific date on when the election would be held on. Also Iain Dale said the same last night on question time that this issue. 

Hiding? what are you on about? 

Ive been working, spending time with family and watching the cricket over the few days. I spend less time on here and doing other things compare to my last time on here before my ban. No one is hiding just that I have other more important things to do these days

Johnson wants to let the Yanks into the NHS? 

https://www.politico.eu/article/us-takes-aim-at-the-uks-national-health-service/

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/02/us-wants-access-to-nhs-in-post-brexit-deal-ambassador-to-uk-says

I'm surprised you weren't aware of this.

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 01:47, gumboots said:

The problem is, Chaddy, that Johnson in particular is a proven serial liar. That's not opinion, but fact. Look at the number of things he's said and then done the opposite. He is to politics what Kean was to football management and yet for some reason you and millions of others have decided to trust him because he promises what you want to hear. I'm no fan of Corbyn and blame him for much of the Brexit chaos but I'd expect him to tell me the truth far more than I'd trust Johnson. 

Corbyn tell the truth? Are you for real? This piece of idiotic buffoonery traitorous scum stands alongside the vilest on earth, he is worse than any mp ever and that includes Bliar and Brown. How anyone can support this current labour opposition is beyond me. At the next GE they will be obliterated for going against the British public and rightly so. That also goes for each and every MP that has thwarted our exit from the EU. They talk about democracy, they haven't got a bloody clue what democracy means and at the slightest chance cry to the courts to egt decisions over turned, that is the mp's of today. Morons the lot of them and not fit to represent the public.

7 hours ago, only2garners said:

Any deal with the US is currently a complete red herring because it simply won’t happen until the Irish border and the backstop are sorted. It doesn’t matter how matey Johnson and Trump are because Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats will not agree to any trade deal that threatens the Good Friday agreement - period.

That's true but the deal is at the centre of Johnson's plan for Brexit nevertheless. H!e just conveniently overlooks that bit.

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Corbyn tell the truth? Are you for real? This piece of idiotic buffoonery traitorous scum stands alongside the vilest on earth, he is worse than any mp ever and that includes Bliar and Brown. How anyone can support this current labour opposition is beyond me. At the next GE they will be obliterated for going against the British public and rightly so. That also goes for each and every MP that has thwarted our exit from the EU. They talk about democracy, they haven't got a bloody clue what democracy means and at the slightest chance cry to the courts to egt decisions over turned, that is the mp's of today. Morons the lot of them and not fit to represent the public.

"traitorous scum"? Are you for real? No way does the majority want to leave with no deal.

Courts are there to rule on what's legal and what isn't by the way. No democrat would deny that.

On 05/09/2019 at 03:34, chaddyrovers said:

Remain is off the table Mike. We had a public vote and the vote leave got a CLEAR MAJORITY!

Parliament has weaken our position by taking no deal off the table. 

The vote was ONLY to Leave the EU.

The Withdrawal Agreement achieves that.

Ergo: Brexit 'No Deal' extremists (including the ERG and Brexit Party) are as much to blame as any Remainer.

Which negotiatingposition is stronger?

1. 'We have nothing to offer you that you didn't get from us before, we have no other trade partners, and our currency has tanked without being in your union. Please give us what you can, whatever it is. Impose your rules on us as you feel fit if it means you deal with us.'

2. 'We already have a strong deal in place with numerous concessions that other members don't have, a currency that has always performed better than yours, and we'd like to see what other benefits we can wiggle out. We can help write your rules and reject any we don't like.'

3. 'We have a deal to remain in the Customs Union and Single Market, a currency performing roughly on the same level as the Euro, and a steady economy. The only difference is we have your rules imposed on us rather than helping write them and rejecting what we don't like.'

Clue: 1 is 'No Deal'. 2 is 'Remain'. 3 is 'WA'.

Edited by Mike E

As has been postulated before by others, the fairest thing at the time would have been to announce a referendum for the initial decision (leave/stay) and then advise there would be a second referendum once a deal (or no deal) has been agreed to confirm whether people want to leave with the deal/no deal that has been agreed, or would rather revoke A50 and remain. 

I completely disagreed with the idea of a referendum in the first place as we employ MPs for the specific purpose of making those decisions for us. The general public has nowhere near enough knowledge to make a decision on whether we should leave the EU or not so to have a referendum on such a vital issue was horrifically irresponsible and negligent. However if it had to be done then considering how vague the original question was it would only make sense to allow a second vote once the process had completed and we really knew what we were getting into. I don't think many people in 2016 would have predicted this current disaster as the outcome. 

Edited by DE.

The current disaster is caused because MP's have put themselves above the electorate. Add this to Mp's who have gone against the wishes of their constituents and what they voted and we have this turmoil and division across the country. Then add Jimmy Krankies ideals north fo the border and this is just a recipe for incompetence. I would never vote labour ever and I have not agreed with some of the ridiculous decisions taken by the tory party. What I believe from this mess is that Boris, as big a buffoon he can be, has shown he has more about him than any current mp. They are a current set of self serving morons, not fit for office and not fit to carry out the will of the people.

The vote was LEAVE or REMAIN, LEAVE won.

That should have been the priority. When we see incompetent rich clowns like Gina Miller trying to impose her views on a democratic result to change it that really pisses me off big time. When we see mp's heading to court to try and stop the parliamentary process to get it stopped that again really pisses me off. When we see them crying foul and appealing that again really really pisses me off and is indicative of this current set of incompetent and imbecilic mps.

People have their view and I respect them. What is apparent is that the majority of remain mp's are failing to respect the vote result. we have an opposition party bellowing for a GE then hiding sway and having talks with the other parties to frustrate democracy even further,we have a labour party who change their mind at the drop of a hat and go against their own members, remember just how many of their constituents voted to leave and we have the libdems wanting to stop Brexit and therefore refusing to acknowledge what the British public voted for.

Its time to rid the houses of parliament of these fools, disestablish the house of lords who are unelected and to put people in place who WILL carry out the public wishes and not enforce their own view against the voters because it doesn't suit their own views.

Nigel Farage and co are going to have a ball and its becoming so simple because Corbyn and co are the biggest set of clowns since billy smarts circus packed in.