If he can't build a 100-metre bridge in London, how can he get a 35-mile one built?

Fraud.

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

If he can't build a 100-metre bridge in London, how can he get a 35-mile one built?

Fraud.

Latest glamour project are Boris Boats. Navy frigates built in reopened UK shipyards.

Floppy Johnson and Brexit are going to sink each other in a death embrace at this rate.

Incidentally the Yellowhammer document released by Government is the same as the version obtained by the Sunday Times except:

The headline has been changed from Base Case to A series of worst cases

And a scenario for oil refineries closing has been redacted.

As I have been arguing, Yellowhammer is not worst case.

1) it identifies a series of scenarios happening in isolation. As we all know, when things go wrong, many things go wrong at the same time and interact with each other overwhelming rational thinking. 

2) being rational, under no deal Brexit, all the scenarios in Yellowhammer would be triggered together. It is not as though the haulage industry suffers no deal but the NHS remains in the EU...

3) if the UK goes back on paying existing EU liabilities, why would the EU extend the short term unilateral waivers it has committed to allow British planes ships trains and lorries to keep operating to the EU from December?

4) suppose the EU had voted to do something that took away 0.5 pence in the £ from the UK. Wouldn't the British press whip up a storm for Britain to retaliate? Well no deal Brexit is that situation in reverse and Yellowhammer has no scenario for German, French, Belgian and Dutch voters getting mad at Britain.

5) for that matter British voters really will get mad at Britain for taking away from them ten times as much- 5 pence in the £

6) 55% of British exports go to the EU and 5% of EU 27 exports go to the UK. The EU27 have the whip hand if it gets nasty.

Edited by philipl

@Silas thank you for your reasoned and we'll argued post. It is one of very few I've seen with real explanation of why an individual chose to vote leave.

I can see and share to an extent your view on population, overcrowding and lack of resources.

Where I would have to disagree with you is that Brexit will address or resolve these issues. In relation to population and resources your voting reason boils down to one word - migration. This doesn't make you any one of several "ists." You back up your view with sound information.

The difficulty is this - leaving the EU will most likely reduce EU imigration but will not reduce the overall figure. The UK will still need a migrant workforce to fill the jobs British workers don't want - it's simply a case of where these workers come from. Inside or outside of the EU

You mention illegal migration. This has little to do with EU membership. The attempts by illegal migrants to enter the UK will not suddenly stop. In fact the situation may worsen. I understand UK border checks are carried out in France, this may have to stop. I think there is a level of cooperation with the French authorities, this may stop. After all France's interest should be to control who enters their country not who leaves. We could find many more illegals actually landing in Britain.

Under investment and a creaking system? Yes this is the case and settled EU migrants contribute to this but there is sound research to support these people contribute fairly in terms of tax and NI. Where successive governments have failed is through not ensuring public and private investment match population growth.

On the outskirts of Chorley the old ROF site has become a major housing and employment area. To take two examples, the local hospital is contracting when it should be expanding and not one new school has been built to take in the growth in secondary age children.

The local authorities are delighted to sign off and allow the development but failed to ensure public and private money was invested to provide these services. This is a government and local authority failure and has nothing to do with EU membership.

In my village for the last 37/38 years every child who wanted it got a Chorley secondary school place. This year none got in and they have to travel to Bamber Bridge, Darwen and Blackburn. There simply are no places for them as Buckshaw residents are closer.

We need to look much closer to home on these issues than across the channel.

To add to your  post Paul, Britain's population is aging rapidly. An increasing number of older people have left work, pay little or no income tax but (though no fault of their own) need increasing amounts of government help to live their lives.

Migrants are invariably younger and eager for work. When settled they contribute regularly to the Exchequer for years. We actually need them to fill positions that would otherwise be left vacant and to contribute to the tax take.

On 11/09/2019 at 04:00, chaddyrovers said:

What do people think of Harriett Harman's comments about Geoffrey Boycott being given a Knighthood? 

my opinion is I think he deserve one and I believe him when he says he is innocent of those allegations. He is a straight talker and someone who speaks his mind 

0_PROD-Margaret-Moore.jpg
Margaret Moore former lover 20 January 1998 : of British cricket legend Geoffrey Boycott after being beaten by the The former Yorkshire and England . He is accused of beating Margaret Moore in the south of France on October 2, 1996. Geoffrey Boycott did not attend the trial.
READ MORE

Right on Paul. The British government is to blame. Not the EU. HS2 is a prime example of government stupidity. The money set aside for that could be used so much more efficiently elsewhere. The same with the proposed Heathrow expansion.

Silas articulated what I see when I go back home. It amazes me how packed Britain is. There are cars and people everywhere.

Edited by speeeeeeedie

Floppy Johnson lying about not lying to the Queen.

Three Judges of the highest Court have ruled Johnson lied to the Queen so what Johnson says is immaterial unless he lodges an appeal based on FACT.

As a habitual liar Floppy doesn't know what facts are.

The Operation Yellowhammer documents send a shudder down my spine. If an independent body or non-associated operational experts had made the that document and its forecasts, Johnson and his like-minded colleagues would be labeling it Operation Fear - except this is a hard-Brexit governmental document that they simply cannot downplay.

I am struggling to understand how Johnson can defy his own knowledge of the situation and be OK with a no-deal Brexit.

It's a case of save the Conservative Party (and his career) at all costs.

I think the Conservative Party needs to be put out of our misery and die a horrible death. Johnson might just be the fella to do that for us.

it's like trying to wallpaper your lounge and get it all nice-looking while the house is on fire. If he gets his wish and no deal Brexit goes through, what then? The Brexit Party will be killed off, but the country's going to be in all sorts of bother. He's not going to get his election before no deal Brexit, so when was the last one? More than 2 years ago. So, less than 3 years to teh next one. The Tories would take a shanking worse than 1997.

We're getting closer and closer to the abyss. Maybe we need to, in order to pull back at the last minute. Because the closer we get, the more people will get scared. The truth is going to come out in the end.

As has been mentioned, the individual worst case scenarios being planned for in Operation Yellowhammer are just the tip.

What happens if several happen all at once, and what unintended consequences have we not planned for?

That's not pessimism either, that's just what happens in life.

Floppy Johnson and his goons cannot even doctor their documents without screwing up.

Top document- Operation Yellowhammer document supplied to the Scottish Parliament

Bottom document- Operation Yellowhammer document supplied to the British press

image.png.f3ba2d6137fece2d6f2892655456a8d9.png

By the way just to spell it out "When the UK ceases to be a member of the EU all rights and reciprocal arrangements end" is a fancy way of saying all 65 million of her Majesty's Britannic Citizens are completely and utterly fucked.  

Edited by philipl

6 hours ago, 47er said:
0_PROD-Margaret-Moore.jpg

Margaret Moore former lover 20 January 1998 : of British cricket legend Geoffrey Boycott after being beaten by the The former Yorkshire and England . He is accused of beating Margaret Moore in the south of France on October 2, 1996. Geoffrey Boycott did not attend the trial.

READ MORE

Maybe read this before judging 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/honours-list/11922112/Geoffrey-Boycott-must-be-knighted-after-new-evidence-points-to-his-innocence-over-domestic-abuse-case.html

Kate Hoey is right If the EU know our Parliament will keep kicking the Brexit can down the road, they will gladly acquiesce and take our money Labour MPs mock, heckle and shout "nonsense" RT if you agree that these Labour MPs are mocking 17.4m people #ParliamentVsThePeople https://t.co/j89GWp5cBO

Kate Hoey 'completely confused' by Labour policy | talkRADIO https://t.co/naV7c22sTJ

Interesting read by @LiamHalligan in @thesun today... No Deal Brexit will cause minimal damage — recovering from a Jeremy Corbyn Labour government will take 25 years or more https://t.co/U7vY9ElHT7

Sir Richard Dearlove, the former head of the British Secret Intelligence Service (MI6), says we've come to "a natural point of divergence" from the EU - and that Britain can thrive outside it. https://t.co/fscLsVHL5X

Just now, philipl said:

Chaddy - haven't you read Phil T's post and my post and felt disgusted with yourself?

Yes. 

Why would i disgusted with myself? 

I feel more disgusted that majority of parliament/MP's have ignored the majority of voters and continue to ignored us. MP's said they would respect and honour the voters decision. Well they lied!!! After 3 years this issue should be done. If this was a CEO of business they would be fired!

Suggest you listen to Kate Hoey views. She spot on

11 hours ago, Paul said:

The difficulty is this - leaving the EU will most likely reduce EU imigration but will not reduce the overall figure. The UK will still need a migrant workforce to fill the jobs British workers don't want - it's simply a case of where these workers come from. Inside or outside of the EU

9 hours ago, 47er said:

Migrants are invariably younger and eager for work. When settled they contribute regularly to the Exchequer for years. We actually need them to fill positions that would otherwise be left vacant and to contribute to the tax take.

I don't disagree with either of you. I am not against migrants. I just want to have the right type of migrants coming to our country, and to prevent the chancers and charlatans from taking advantage of our benefits and systems. 

The deals that Cameron went to get were supposed to be mechanisms to do that. A way of self policing our borders if you like, without a Brexit. Because people were going to have to come and earn their stripes for a good few years first, before being opened up to state benefits. And chancers don't want to do the legwork, obviously, or they wouldn't be chancers. It would have weeded all the chaff out, and helped ensure the people coming to live in our country were good, honest people looking to contribute. 

But the EU wouldn't allow that- because you know, their rules are gospel. 

I get that there has to be structure to such a massive governing body like the EU and they just can't go chopping and changing regulations for any Country that starts squealing. And people will say - Why should the UK be a special case? Well, I think we should be a special case for many of the reasons I've mentioned in my previous post. I don't see any other countries with: as high a population density as us, massive migrant camps on borders, as generous a benefits systems as us, consistently in a huge contribution deficit. I don't think we were asking the earth. And deserved a bit of payback.

And the EU wouldn't even meet us in the middle, which would have made sense. We wanted a 4 year freeze on in-work benefits. They settled on 1 year, scaled up from there. We wanted the emergency brake to be in place for 13 years. They wanted 5. It got settled at 7. So they were basically willing to meet us a quarter of the way. 

That was never going to cut it. Which is a shame. Because if they had met us halfway, it could have swung moderates like me, and the hardliners would have been marginalised. The outcome might have been different. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Just to recap the way people in Lancashire whether it was leave or Remain

Screenshot_20190912-203748_Chrome.jpg

And on the latest constituency opinion polls Chaddy they are now all remain.

Remain now 14% ahead nationally.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Interesting read by @LiamHalligan in @thesun today... No Deal Brexit will cause minimal damage — recovering from a Jeremy Corbyn Labour government will take 25 years or more https://t.co/U7vY9ElHT7

giphy.gif

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I feel more disgusted that majority of parliament/MP's have ignored the majority of voters and continue to ignored us. MP's said they would respect and honour the voters decision. Well they lied!!! After 3 years this issue should be done. If this was a CEO of business they would be fired!

Don't you realise that there's all this chaos for a reason?

It's not arguing over votes either. It's a genuine concern that Brexit will harm Britain for years.

Using opinion articles from the Sun to back up your point is laughable.

Just now, philipl said:

And on the latest constituency opinion polls Chaddy they are now all remain.

Remain now 14% ahead nationally.

What latest consitituency opinion polls? In Lancashire? 

Remain now 14 ahead nationally? Not what this show below

Screenshot_20190912-210358_Chrome.jpg

The Scottish judges skewer lying Floppy Johnson in their full judgement just issued.

They find that prorogation was clandestinely obtained and it was only for the purpose of avoiding Parliamentary scrutiny.

So Leavers, you didn't vote Leave for sovereignty because Sovereignty has been removed as in the Queen in Parliament

You didn't vote for human rights, workers rights, a cleaner environment, better health because all those are going to worsen dramatically

You didn't vote to be better off because we are all going to be totally screwed financially

You didn't vote to reduce immigration because Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Pakistan, India, Indonesia, South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria and China have all said get rid of visa and immigration restrictions are a pre-condition to even talking about trade deals

You didn't vote out of patriotism as there are the equivalent of 500 Blackburns of Brits living outside the UK whose voting rights have been taken away and whose lives are utterly fucked up as indeed are the lives of 3.5 million non-UK Europeans living amongst you sustaining great chunks of the British services and economy and incidentally own all your power and water services, most of your transport and a chunk of your manufacturing.

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

Using opinion articles from the Sun to back up your point is laughable.

Did you miss my links to Kate Hoey and Sir Richard Dearlove, the former head of the British Secret Intelligence Service (MI6)