I never go to Wetherspoons anyway and since his stance on Brexit I never would in future,  just as I'd never buy another Dyson product.  How hypocritical to say 'Let's stay friends' We were doing just fine until Brexit raised its ugly head.

Edited by gumboots

13 hours ago, gumboots said:

I never go to Wetherspoons anyway and since his stance on Brexit I never would in future,  just as I'd never buy another Dyson product.  How hypocritical to say 'Let's stay friends' We were doing just fine until Brexit raised its ugly head.

Dyson's a total bull shitter. His machines are crap.

10 days to nothingness. The cliff edge has been moved forward to December 31. The slow death will take years. 

So, WA passes into law. 

big questions for every brexiteer now including those on here :-   Do you still want frictionless trade with the EU - in which case the U.K. will have to maintain alignment with the EU rules and regulations ( level playing field ), or do you want to move towards the USA - meaning a deregulated  free trade agreement that represents only a tiny fraction of the value of the EU market and the probability of huge job losses in the U.K.? 

you knew what you voted for, so which do you want?

Not too far off Jim. I would still like to know which direction of travel they voted for. Should be simple.

14 hours ago, den said:

So, WA passes into law. 

big questions for every brexiteer now including those on here :-   Do you still want frictionless trade with the EU - in which case the U.K. will have to maintain alignment with the EU rules and regulations ( level playing field ), or do you want to move towards the USA - meaning a deregulated  free trade agreement that represents only a tiny fraction of the value of the EU market and the probability of huge job losses in the U.K.? 

Any deal with America is rapidly starting to look like what's left of the UK will ultimately become an off European shores state of the USA. So much for taking back control. We have to use the telecoms suppliers the US tells us to.   American citizens can cause fatal road accidents, leave the country,  and cock a snook at our law enforcement. Food produced by all sorts of dodgy methods.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Going to leave you guys to your Big Ben Bong or No Bong emiseration over the coming days.

Just received my HMG official advice to UK Citizens living in Malta.

It doesn't actually say I should move all my tax affairs from the UK to Malta (I remained a UK tax payer until shortly after the December General Election result) but HMG helpfully provides a section of website and email links  and detailed description on how to terminate tax affairs in the UK and move them all to Malta while retaining full access to accrued benefits from the UK.

I am sorry guys but it is now fact that vehicle and aircraft manufacturing in the UK will be as much ancient history five years from now as coal mining is now. I can take you to the factory sites under construction in Toulouse and Munich if you don't believe me.

Meantime my business relocating people and institutions away from the UK is booming- thank you Chaddy for voting to restore to my former levels of wealth.

Since the Election, two international schools, one UK University, one international medical research institution and two breathtaking high tech scale-ups all committed to leaving the UK- those are just my clients. As I am fluent in French, the French press have reported something like 50,000 financial services jobs and several Bank HQs leaving London for Paris since the Election. This has not been reported with any prominence in the UK press- no idea why not.... 

Guardian today-----Northern lemmings getting what they voted for!

Former 'red wall' areas could lose millions in council funding review

£300m a year set be redirected from deprived areas to shire councils, analysis shows

On 23/01/2020 at 19:41, den said:

So, WA passes into law. 

No answers from the brexiteers then?

3 hours ago, 47er said:

Former 'red wall' areas could lose millions in council funding review

£300m a year set be redirected from deprived areas to shire councils, analysis shows

Are we supposed to be surprised ?

10 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Amongst all the gloom and doom nobody seems to have noticed that the IMF are forecasting the UK to have higher growth rates than the Eurozone for this year and next.

Every forecast has shown we will be worse off out of the EU----all ignored by the Government and you lot.

13 hours ago, 47er said:

Does it matter? The lemmings will still vote Tory even when they bring back child labour

12 hours ago, 47er said:

Every forecast has shown we will be worse off out of the EU----all ignored by the Government and you lot.

Not sure who you mean by "you lot" - but for the record I voted Remain in the referendum.

12 hours ago, 47er said:

Yep, all people who want to leave the EU are stupid. Ever thought it might be you that is wrong.? 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yep, all people who want to leave the EU are stupid. Ever thought it might be you that is wrong.? 

No, I listen to the experts.

37 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Anykne need waste disposal advice for this friday?👍

KMkuPav.jpg

Yep, much better than a sound argument.   :)

Are there any takers for The Government's commerative Brexit coin...

"Get leaflets and coins done!"

Screenshot_20200126-121015_1_1.png

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Of course I do. With any opinion, you have to wonder if you're wrong. But then, have YOU ever asked yourself if you're wrong? Or have you simply believed all that our media have told you about EU laws restricting things they've never restricted, or the EU planning to do things they've never actually planned, merely put forward as discussion points? Have you not noticed all the projects the EU has funded - in Britain we dont display those things on hoardings across the country, as they do in the rest of the EU? Have you simply decided you want to 'take back control' without thinking what that means, handing control to unelected people like Dominic Cummins, and to the serial liar that is Boris Johnson, to the incompetence of Dominic Raab and Michael Gove, and the callousness of Rees-Mogg and Patel? I may be wrong. Brexit may be the greatest thing since sliced bread, in which case I'll eat humble pie, but if it all goes wrong and things get considerably worse, I will feel free to gloat and say 'I told you so' , as often as I feel like saying it

5 minutes ago, Husky said:

Are there any takers for The Government's commerative Brexit coin...

"Get leaflets and coins done!"

Screenshot_20200126-121015_1_1.png

If I get a Brexit 50p I'm planning to hand it back and ask for a different one

Edited by gumboots