5 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Ive never seen the fascination with cars myself,i just want one that gets me from A to B.I dont need any fancy extras.

That's why Nissans are so popular¬†ūüėČ

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You shouldn't have a problem getting one. Car sales have collapsed this year, they're down 93.7% apparently.

Expectable.  

5 hours ago, only2garners said:

Just 4,321 cars were sold in April and the majority of those were fleet orders previously made - only 871 were private sales. Even worse only 197 cars were actually built and most of them were luxury cars just being finished off - no mass manufacture at all.

Well you would expect that during this pandemic and car not being manufacturing during this time. 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Don't hold your breath Sparks, I've been looking for a car for 3 months now, the dealers aren't discounting at all in my experience. 

should be some good deals around. 

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Don't hold your breath Sparks, I've been looking for a car for 3 months now, the dealers aren't discounting at all in my experience. 

I can help you with that my friend 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tomphil said:

That's why Nissans are so popular¬†ūüėČ

Actually Nissan come with a lot of bells and whistles for the monthlys....drive like shit though 

Edited by Sparks Rover

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1289181/brexit-news-deal-EU-deadline-michel-barnier-boris-johnson-david-frost

The UK tell the EU and Barnier to speed up in talks. 

From the article above It is understood that Mr Frost's letter to Mr Barnier sounded the alarm bell for some EU members and made them realise just how risky it could be for the EU to continue marking time. 

EU 'desperate' for UK to fund bailout as economic collapse leaves 'Brussels on its knees

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1289118/EU-crisis-UK-bailout-Brexit-talks-Ursula-von-der-Leyen-Boris-Johnson-Michel-Barnier

Panicking Germany says EU heading for 'catastrophe' as risk of no Brexit deal intensifies

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1280968/Brexit-news-UK-EU-trade-talks-deal-Germany-BDI-latest-update

Bloc admitted 'Germany will have to cough up millions' without UK divorce bill

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1289107/eu-news-bloc-uk-divorce-bill-germany-millions-france-macron-trade-talks-spt

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

EU 'desperate' for UK to fund bailout as economic collapse leaves 'Brussels on its knees

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1289118/EU-crisis-UK-bailout-Brexit-talks-Ursula-von-der-Leyen-Boris-Johnson-Michel-Barnier

Panicking Germany says EU heading for 'catastrophe' as risk of no Brexit deal intensifies

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1280968/Brexit-news-UK-EU-trade-talks-deal-Germany-BDI-latest-update

Bloc admitted 'Germany will have to cough up millions' without UK divorce bill

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1289107/eu-news-bloc-uk-divorce-bill-germany-millions-france-macron-trade-talks-spt

Express quite single-minded eh? Believe it do you?

When it doesn't pan out that way it'll be along the lines of "Stubborn, Myopic EU refuses to see reason."

They've spent decades telling you that the EU will cave in when it comes to it----it won't.

Who takes anything the Express says seriously ? It's just a propaganda sheet for the Conservative party

Brexit, inspired by the liars that are Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings.

they don’t fool me Chaddy.

22 minutes ago, den said:

Brexit, inspired by the liars that are Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings.

they don’t fool me Chaddy.

Given the job they've made of tackling the Coronavirus, how could anyone have any faith that they can sort out Brexit?

EU will have us for breakfast.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Who takes anything the Express says seriously ? It's just a propaganda sheet for the Conservative party

Didn't you quoted it recently?

You definitely quoted the Daily Mail.

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Actually Nissan come with a lot of bells and whistles for the monthlys....drive like shit though 

Don't say that !   After months of debating i'd settled on finding an nice x trail !

Coming from a Kia 4wd though, no bells and whistles but it's an absolute beast. Running costs are starting to grind though.

I don't know if it'll be a step up or down¬†ūü§Ē

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Don't say that !   After months of debating i'd settled on finding an nice x trail !

Coming from a Kia 4wd though, no bells and whistles but it's an absolute beast. Running costs are starting to grind though.

I don't know if it'll be a step up or down¬†ūü§Ē

ūüėĄ I certainly wouldn't put you off an X Trail. Probably a step up from a sorrento.¬†

I'd probably say the discovery or the volvo Xc are decent in that class but X trail are proper 4x4s. If it's a new one you're getting, I have a pal that owns a leasing company...gets fleet discounts. PM me.

What a self serving article by an arch remoaner, and as usual no critical analysis by you. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, philipl said:

I cant understand why there's always an arbitrary date ahead of us......why cant they just work through the deal, sort it and away we go?  Why December 31?  Honest question, it just seems to me that it creates panic?

Edited by Sparks Rover

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I cant understand why there's always an arbitrary date ahead of us......why cant they just work through the deal, sort it and away we go?  Why December 31?  Honest question, it just seems to me that it creates panic?

Because that date is what Johnson asked for last October and was agreed to.

The centre piece of No Deal Brexit is the supposed deal with America.

Not only will it deliver lowered health and safety standards which are hugely unpopular but it might dawn on Johnson's folk that Trump is hugely unpopular and is now totally hated this side of the pond.

Every which way No Deal Brexit is in deep trouble.

Let me let Brexiters moaning about the EU into a secret.

There are only two options.

The deal the EU published on its website on 3 January

Or

No deal.

The UK did not make its counter offer until two weeks ago. These are supposed to be negotiations which are a process of give and take. The UK problem is it has nothing to give which the EU cannot take anyway unless it does a Norway and put hard cash in the table.

So the UK is posturing and moaning.

The UK is trying to split the EU over Brexit- well it has tried and failed since June 2016.

The EU has moved on internally. Yes Brexit is painful but it has the political and commercial power to shift its pain back onto Britain.

And that is what it will do in the event of no deal Brexit.

The 8% Covid sized second hit to British GDP from No Deal Brexit is an underestimate.

It assumed the EU is passive.

Not true.

The EU is big enough to be the rule maker for the World. It owes zero duty of care to the UK. It can and will fix the rules so Britain more than compensates the 27 countries for the damage Brexit does to them.

Two examples.

1) But German car makers... German car exports to the UK went up in 2017 despite the 20% devaluation in sterling. British consumers will carry on buying IKEA and European cars regardless of tariff price increases.

2) But it is not in the EU interest to damage Britain... Really? Not in their interest to take transit traffic from Heathrow, insurance, banking, finance and Forex from Canary Wharf, not in their interest to take supply chain or food production or pharmaceutical manufacturing or...

Malta stood to lose 1.7% of GDP through Brexit. Now it will gain 5% GDP from economic activity diverted from the UK.

Malta is friendly. You don't want to know what France is planning...

Oh, only now is Britain planning to recruit 50,000 pen pushers (customs officers). Unlike the UK, the EU has planned for Brexit. The holding pens and inspection bays are built. The officers are recruited and trained. 

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Let me let Brexiters moaning about the EU into a secret.

No secrets here:

The EU contributed to the death of thousands of Italians at the beginning of the crisis, they publicly apologised for doing so, its indisputable.

Are the deaths of thousands of Italians a price worth paying? How do you square that circle?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52311263

WTF has the EU's response to Covid got to do with the UK-EU trade talks? 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

No secrets here:

The EU contributed to the death of thousands of Italians at the beginning of the crisis, they publicly apologised for doing so, its indisputable.

Are the deaths of thousands of Italians a price worth paying? How do you square that circle?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52311263

I suggest you go away and read what that article actually states.

Trump and Johnson are genocidal maniacs.