Posted (edited)

Gav, brexiteers don't support fishing beyond emotive words. That's why they voted in the Brexit party. A bunch of clowns who do nothing but insult other MEPs, avoid work and act like children. 

Edit: Not all brexiteers, but a lot in the EU elections. That's what I meant. However, since the purge of EU friendly Conservative MPs, you could say they are not that different and have not really been bothered about engaging in any real reforms or changes that would make anything better for fishing or other industries. It's all soundbites and ideas at best. They don't even know what to do with the Irish border once the transition period is over.

Edited by Norbert Rassragr

19 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Gav, brexiteers don't support fishing beyond emotive words. That's why they voted in the Brexit party. A bunch of clowns who do nothing but insult other MEPs, avoid work and act like children. 

sorry but you are wrong, I voted to leave the EU but would never vote for the Brexit Party. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

sorry but you are wrong, I voted to leave the EU but would never vote for the Brexit Party. 

You just did. The current Tory party is the old Conservative party in name only. It's the Brexiteers party now, Johnson has made sure of that.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gav said:

its a very real industry that been decimated by EU quotas.

Farming fits the remain narrative, you'll argue night is day to protect farming but not fishing? and why? because the papers have split the country on this very topic with fake news and stories of chlorinated chicken/Trump etc.

Both industries are equally as important, but you'll not here many remainers supporting the fishermen as this thread proves, because you've all been conned into believing the industry being irrelevance, 30,000 jobs don't seem to matter, its supported by little Englanders, all absolute cr@p.

Support fing and the fishermen, thats the way forward.

None of the above is in any way  an accurate representation of what I said or what I think Gav. You make assumptions and convert them into facts.

The industry has been decimated by the fishing rights issue which I've tried to explain till I'm blue in the face.

But either you don't bother reading it or you can't understand it.

Read what Jim posted 2 hours ago. Don't discount it just because its an old adversary of your's who's posted.

Edited by 47er

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, 47er said:

None of the above is in any way  an accurate representation of what I said or what I think Gav. You make assumptions and convert them into facts.

The industry has been decimated by the fishing rights issue which I've tried to explain till I'm blue in the face.

But either you don't bother reading it or you can't understand it.

Read what Jim posted 2 hours ago. Don't discount it just because its an old adversary of your's who's posted.

Thats certainly not the intention 47er.

I'm not trying to win arguments or change your opinion on anything, I'm just posting my opinion and how I see things. I'm also trying to interpret what others are saying, buts its hard work on a messageboard, it really is, we are all guilty of reading what we want to read rather than whats posted!

Once I close the browser I give the site little thought, its not that important to me in the grand scheme of things, but I do understand that some people live for the site and it consumes far more hours than it should.

I've been back posting for a few months now and In that time i've been labelled a Tory voting Brexiter because I can see both sides of the argument and I've been told I'm arguing the opposite to everyone else just to be difficult :lol: 

Apologies for not answering your question or misrepresenting your views, thats the last thing on my mind to be honest.

Edited by Gav

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I'm not trying to win arguments or change your opinion on anything, I'm just posting my opinion and how I see things.

Opinions are great - we've all got them right or wrong - but when you (and me) and others are presented with facts or analysis that challenge those opinions, then you have to consider changing your mind. You and others just continue to post the same stuff over and over again - often the exact same words - even when it's shown to be incorrect. Prime example is the fishing industry. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Opinions are great - we've all got them right or wrong - but when you (and me) and others are presented with facts or analysis that challenge those opinions, then you have to consider changing your mind. You and others just continue to post the same stuff over and over again - often the exact same words - even when it's shown to be incorrect. Prime example is the fishing industry. 

I'll be honest with you Jim, I don't read many of your posts these days because they lack any sort of balance or your actual opinion.

Most of them are dragged off left wing websites, I just click past, same with Philips.

Nothing wrong with using social media to try and influence, but many of us on here are far to long in the tooth to be influenced by pages and pages of one sided copy and paste from left leaning websites.

Just my opinion of course.

As for fishing, the article from The Independent is wrong on many levels, but I lost interest when it undervalued the industry by a several hundred million.

No doubt about it, the quotas have been bought up by private companies, but ask yourself why that is? Our fishing industry has been decimated since we joined the EU in 70's. Today the quota system puts our smaller boats at a disadvantage in terms of the amounts of fish they can catch, when the next vessel from France/Spain can catch double, is that right? we have to pour dead fish over the side because we've caught over the quota? Is that right?

Our farmers get subsidies from EU for not planting, they are given golden handshakes for keeping fields fallow, the UK fishermen get nothing, other than reduced quotas and a bad deal year upon year, they deserve better. 

Edited by Gav

58 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

You and others just continue to post the same stuff over and over again - often the exact same words - even when it's shown to be incorrect. 

I'm with you Jim! 👍

Frustrating isn't it when some folk just repeat the same words and phrases over and over, even when they add very little meaningful to further the debate. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On 02/12/2019 at 11:04, jim mk2 said:

And welcome to chlorinated chicken. 

On 13/12/2019 at 20:30, jim mk2 said:

filthy US chlorinated chicken in UK stores after food standards are relaxed....

On 31/01/2020 at 20:14, jim mk2 said:

All made better by with a big helping of chlorinated chicken.

On 06/02/2020 at 18:34, jim mk2 said:

I'm sure the trade deal will be terrific. Chlorinated chicken here we come...

On 04/06/2020 at 17:42, jim mk2 said:

Chlorinated chicken and other rubbish US food on it's way...

On 04/06/2020 at 18:45, jim mk2 said:

The trolls say there's nothing wrong with chlorinated chicken.  

On 15/06/2020 at 10:22, jim mk2 said:

....- which means chlorinated chicken and hormone-injected meat will be on the trade menu. 

On 18/06/2020 at 20:19, jim mk2 said:

.....trade deal to include allowing US access to NHS and their chlorinated chicken and hormone injected meat into the UK. 

On 01/10/2019 at 11:02, jim mk2 said:

Sunny uplands ahead

On 15/11/2019 at 17:17, jim mk2 said:

But it's all going to be fine in the sunny uplands

On 10/02/2020 at 19:56, jim mk2 said:

Sunny uplands. Eat and have cake. 

On 12/05/2020 at 12:52, jim mk2 said:

Unless you could provide a view from these great sunny uplands? 

On 27/06/2020 at 10:01, jim mk2 said:

What do these great sunny uplands look like? 

On 27/06/2020 at 14:47, jim mk2 said:

Still awaiting an answer on what the great post-Brexit sunny uplands look like?

On 07/07/2020 at 19:01, jim mk2 said:

Brexiteers tell us it will always be be sunny uplands in their Europe-free future.

So what's everyone up to this weekend?

I'm off hiking in the Lake District.

Thinking of heading to the sunny uplands for a picnic.

Now I wonder what type of salad I should pack? 🤔🤔

I fancy some meat, any suggestions Jim? 😉

Just now, Silas said:

Touche Silas! 

Let us know what's like there. Brexiteers can't

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Touche Silas! 

Let us know what's like there. Brexiteers can't

😀😀

Happy Friday Jim!

You keep fighting the good fight....

59 minutes ago, Silas said:

I'm with you Jim! 👍

Frustrating isn't it when some folk just repeat the same words and phrases over and over, even when they add very little meaningful to further the debate. 

So what's everyone up to this weekend?

I'm off hiking in the Lake District.

Now I wonder what type of salad I should pack? 🤔🤔

I fancy some meat, any suggestions Jim? 😉

Bravo 😂 

Enjoy the lake district, beautiful place.

1 hour ago, den said:

So much for brexit then. We don’t have that problem in the EU.

Buy chicken from local British butchers. Even better quality than supermarkets 

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Buy chicken from local British butchers. Even better quality than supermarkets 

I already do. Chances are brexit will close a lot of them. Cheap, substandard food through the USA. We told you what would happen and you couldn’t see it.

Just now, den said:

I already do. Chances are brexit will close a lot of them. Cheap, substandard food through the USA. We told you what would happen and you couldn’t see it.

Supermarkets arent interest in USA chicken. Just like we keep telling you. But you just keep posting the same stuff week after week. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

To quote:

......Sainsbury's, The Co-op, and Marks and Spencer all told Business Insider that they wouldn't stock any products that breached current UK food standards

to which the obvious addendum is

........but they would be quite happy to do so when "current UK food standards" are lowered in a future US trade deal

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Supermarkets arent interest in USA chicken. Just like we keep telling you. But you just keep posting the same stuff week after week. 

Cheap chlorinated chicken will be sold in the shops here. A trade deal with the USA will ensure that deregulated foodstuffs will be on British shelves Chaddy. That’s what trade deals are for... we sell them our goods and they sell us ours. What else do you think trade deals are for?

15 minutes ago, den said:

Cheap chlorinated chicken will be sold in the shops here. A trade deal with the USA will ensure that deregulated foodstuffs will be on British shelves Chaddy. That’s what trade deals are for... we sell them our goods and they sell us ours. What else do you think trade deals are for?

Haven't I posted you list of supermarkets who wont stock chlorinated chicken. How many more times? You dont accept that do you? I'm just banging my head against a brick wall with you. 

28 minutes ago, den said:

Cheap chlorinated chicken will be sold in the shops here.

How cheap are these chicken gonna be, that are going to flood the market and totally change the landscape? 

Does anyone actually know? Genuinely interested.

You get a good size bird from Asda for £3.50. 

I just can't see how it's even profitable to transport all way from USA for less than £3.

Even at £2.50, I know times a hard, but are we saying people are going to blowing their load for the sake of a quid.

Struggling to get my head round it tbh. But I'll admit, I don't know the figures involved.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Haven't I posted you list of supermarkets who wont stock chlorinated chicken. How many more times? You dont accept that do you? I'm just banging my head against a brick wall with you. 

You can bang your head against the wall  as much as you like Chaddy. Brexiteers told us all sorts of things like there will be no checks on the Irish border. Like there will be £350m/week for the NHS. Like we won’t leave the single market. Like this would be the easiest trade deal in history. I have good reason not to believe a word brexiteers say. Just like I don’t believe anything that the current government, dominated by MP’s elected only because of their willingness to support those leave lies tell.

Jim dealt with your latest claim about chlorinated chicken and supermarkets above.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, den said:

You can bang your head against the wall  as much as you like Chaddy. 

Jim dealt with your latest claim about chlorinated chicken and supermarkets above.

Jim is wrong according to The Independent. 

This article claims that most supermarkets won’t sell chlorinated chicken and it’s against the law den, so they couldn’t even if they wanted to.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.indy100.com/article/chlorinated-chicken-trump-trade-deal-supermarkets-waitrose-aldi-tesco-boris-johnson-9611571%3famp

Edited by Gav

1 hour ago, Silas said:

How cheap are these chicken gonna be, that are going to flood the market and totally change the landscape? 

Does anyone actually know? Genuinely interested.

You get a good size bird from Asda for £3.50. 

I just can't see how it's even profitable to transport all way from USA for less than £3.

Even at £2.50, I know times a hard, but are we saying people are going to blowing their load for the sake of a quid.

Struggling to get my head round it tbh. But I'll admit, I don't know the figures involved.

I’ve read that the U.K. government are now moving towards allowing chlorinated chicken into the U.K. but putting tariffs on them. That should tell us they can undercut British chicken farmers. It also says the U.K. sees it as a threat to U.K. poultry farming industry. It looks very much like chlorinated chicken is on the agenda.

behind a paywall but can see the header......   “Britain ready to allow import of chlorinated chicken from US”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/06/03/britain-ready-allow-import-chlorinated-chicken-us/

It's just a matter of time . What the USA does  The UK does next.  

Supermarket links

The Bureau's investigation also established that many UK supermarkets and fast food chains buy from companies operating such US-style mega-farms, including Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Co-op, M&S, Morrisons, Asda, McDonalds and Nando's.

• Poultry supplier Hook 2 Sisters is a joint venture between PD Hook and 2 Sisters Food Group. It operates farms that supply birds to 2 Sisters Food Group whose customers include Tesco, Morrison’s, Sainsbury’s, M&S, and Asda. Data shows that Hook 2 Sisters operates 37 Cafo-sized facilities across the UK.   
  • Faccenda Foods, which supplies poultry to Asda and Nando's, among others, operates 26 Cafos in the UK. Moy Park, which supplies Asda, McDonalds and Burger King, has 19 Cafos across the country.  
  • JSR Farms, which rears pigs, says it is in partnership with Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, and operates 4 Cafos, according to our analysis. J C Lister, another major pig producer, operates 2 Cafos and reportedly has supplied Tesco, Co-op and Aldi.
  • A large Cafo-sized farm called Pawton Dairy supplies milk to Arla. Arla butter and cheese are sold in Co-Op.

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/stories/2017-07-17/intensive-numbers-of-intensive-farming

3 hours ago, den said:

Repeatedly told us the Tory Government would never allow it.