1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Brexit hits vote leave areas hardest

https://www.ft.com/content/90e9880d-8162-4d44-8d8d-8f59ae97d1ff

Dom and Boris need a new slogan: Get Unemployment Done

Sovereignty and taking back control must feel good on the dole queue

That's hardly news Jim, it was obvious where the impact would be felt the most well before the vote. And that was before the magnifying effect of the virus. 

Entirely foreseeable yes, but the FT story contains a link to the top quality research dated July 2020 confirming it.

https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/research/centres/cage/manage/publications/wp486.2020.pdf

The simple truth is that Brexit cannot fix what EU membership never broke.  Take as many anti-biotics against Covid as you like.

If a new referendum was held on EU membership, 39% say they would vote to stay out of the EU, 33% say they would apply to join the EU. 16% would not vote and 12% say they don’t know.

this survey was done by KantarPublic

https://www.kantar.com/uki/inspiration/politics/Eight-in-ten-in-favour-of-local-lockdowns-to-tackle-coronavirus

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If a new referendum was held on EU membership, 39% say they would vote to stay out of the EU, 33% say they would apply to join the EU. 16% would not vote and 12% say they don’t know.

this survey was done by KantarPublic

https://www.kantar.com/uki/inspiration/politics/Eight-in-ten-in-favour-of-local-lockdowns-to-tackle-coronavirus

Brilliant news- just a 3% swing and rejoin has a majority.

I posted the survey results of the now hypothetical remain/leave poll in which remain absolutely thrashes leave now.

it's a good job there's an "Oven Ready Deal" in the offing otherwise you'd think that the country was woefully underprepared and deep in the shit come January.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

it's a good job there's an "Oven Ready Deal" in the offing otherwise you'd think that the country was woefully underprepared and deep in the shit come January.

A turkey presumably.

6 hours ago, philipl said:

Brilliant news- just a 3% swing and rejoin has a majority.

I posted the survey results of the now hypothetical remain/leave poll in which remain absolutely thrashes leave now.

Philipl, we are leaving the EU at the end of the December. Even the Labour Leader Starmer has accepted the fact we are leaving. 

I am surprise by those number not interested in vote

6 hours ago, philipl said:

image.png.024513c3682e187c3376cb553218cd6a.png

Slight of hand here, Phil.  None of the options are "not prepared "

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Philipl, we are leaving the EU at the end of the December. Even the Labour Leader Starmer has accepted the fact we are leaving. 

No one is disputing that we are leaving. But the discussion around would we be better off in or out the EU, wont just go away. Just because we are leaving now doesnt mean we might not rejoin one day. Note his poll wasnt leave or remain it was stay out or rejoin. 

3 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

No one is disputing that we are leaving. But the discussion around would we be better off in or out the EU, wont just go away. 

It won't if you remoaners keep mithering .

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Lol I see what you did there. It's like a mix of remain and moaners - remoaners. Classic!!!! 

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

It won't go away in your lifetime so you better get used to it.

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

No one is disputing that we are leaving. But the discussion around would we be better off in or out the EU, wont just go away. Just because we are leaving now doesnt mean we might not rejoin one day. Note his poll wasnt leave or remain it was stay out or rejoin. 

Yes the poll was stay out or rejoin. I don't think we ever rejoin cos I don't the EU will be there in 20 years time as I expect other countries to leave the EU. 

57 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It won't go away in your lifetime so you better get used to it.

I have forgotten about it really, I'm relaxed so probably its more troubling for you considering your side lost.....years of misery ahead for remoaners. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes the poll was stay out or rejoin. I don't think we ever rejoin cos I don't the EU will be there in 20 years time as I expect other countries to leave the EU. 

Once they see our template for success they'll be queuing up to leave. 

56 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

What a load of silly comments you have posted. It makes you look like one of those Brexit fanatics who'd be shouting "We've won get over it" and celebrating like they've won the world cup, even if it led to them losing their job, bankrupting the country and all the warnings of disaster came true. It suggests a mentality that craves an enemy, a heretic that must be mocked, insulted or worse. It's all a bit like 1984 with Emmanuel Goldstein and the news about chocolate rations.

Not all who voted to remain are Nish Kumar types who support the EU unquestioningly and see all who voted to leave as racist idiots. 

4 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Once they see our template for success they'll be queuing up to leave. 

A lot will happen in 20 years with the EU. Other countries will have referendums and vote either way. But I suspect we wont ever rejoin the EU.   

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are completely factually incorrect.

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

What a load of silly comments you have posted. It makes you look like one of those Brexit fanatics who'd be shouting "We've won get over it" and celebrating like they've won the world cup,

Not at all, the only people bringing up how bad its all going to be are people who wanted to stay in the EU.  You see them on telly, news channels etc.  

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Not at all, the only people bringing up how bad its all going to be are people who wanted to stay in the EU.  You see them on telly, news channels etc.  

Would you kindly tell us how good it's going to be?  

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I have forgotten about it really, I'm relaxed so probably its more troubling for you considering your side lost.....years of misery ahead for remoaners. 

Years of misery ahead for everybody in my opinion. I'm better insulated against it than most on here. I don't need a job anymore for a start.

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Would you kindly tell us how good it's going to be?  

Few years off yet, Jim.  Long term view when i voted.  Our sunny uplands are within the nations grasp, we won't allow the anti democratic remoaners to spoil it for the majority.

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Few years off yet, Jim.  Long term view when i voted.  Our sunny uplands are within the nations grasp, we won't allow the anti democratic remoaners to spoil it for the majority.

Lovely. Meaningless, hyper-optimistic waffle straight out of the Boris playbook.

Any details about how this utopia will look and is going to be achieved? 

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Sorry I forgot that in 2016 once they announced the result I should have immediately changed my opinion and thought brexit was an excellent idea. It's not anti-democratic to disagree with a point of view.