4 minutes ago, Silas said:

Thanks for reply. Interesting.

Big on climate change yeah? I'm a bit older so trying to do more. Definitely dealing it's importance. Gotta be honest, for the first 30 years it didn't factor into my life at all.

Not necessarily big on it but feel like I should be doing more especially now I've got the resources to do it. So I try and pick Green energy suppliers, recycle, car share to work, buy locally sourced meat / veg etc. Excessive packaging is also a huge bug bear. 

I wouldn't give up European holidays. I've not, in the last 40 years, been part of the beer swilling, clubbing , souvenir buying culture. I come to my sites caravan here and apart from the odd meal out, I just stay home and relax, or I stay with family in Germany. My car is Japanese anyway and wont be replaced. I dont see why I should be asked what I'd do to make Brexit a success. It was supposed to be such a great idea it couldn't fail.

12 hours ago, gumboots said:

I've not, in the last 40 years, been part of the beer swilling, clubbing , souvenir buying culture.

I can smell the elitism in your post. 

Souvenir buying culture???  Head shaker.

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I can smell the elitism in your post. 

Souvenir buying culture???  Head shaker.

Seems a bit harsh Sparks. 

I think she was just echoing the example in my post. Was me that mentioned the souviners. 

27 minutes ago, Silas said:

Seems a bit harsh Sparks. 

I think she was just echoing the example in my post. Was me that mentioned the souviners. 

Didn't see that. Apologies Gumboots.  However, there is still a slight niff

Hearing that the British side have finally started negotiating as opposed to posturing in the post Brexit talks with Barnier.

Inevitable cold showers all round on the British side. EU only gets cold showers if they lose the discipline which has astonished everyone witnessing it.

The UK can consider itself bloody unlucky to have found Barnier facing them for the EU side. 

It's now looking to me like we are going to end up with a deal with the EU by the end of the year. It will almost certainly look pretty identical to the deal we had when we were in the EU except that we won't now have any future say on where it goes to. Of course it will be spun as a great British victory when the Government bigs up the small "concessions" they have wrung from the EU - probably no more than could have been got from a bit of negotiation inside.

26 minutes ago, only2garners said:

It's now looking to me like we are going to end up with a deal with the EU by the end of the year. It will almost certainly look pretty identical to the deal we had when we were in the EU except that we won't now have any future say on where it goes to. Of course it will be spun as a great British victory when the Government bigs up the small "concessions" they have wrung from the EU - probably no more than could have been got from a bit of negotiation inside.

I have been saying all year that the Brexit deal was published on the EU's Europa website on 3 January.

There is more likelihood of the European Parliament de-railing it than the British Government.

29 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Of course it will be spun as a great British victory when the Government bigs up the small "concessions" they have wrung from the EU

Dunno why this threw up an image of boris johnson walking out of EU negotiations with a free mouse mat, a handful of fox mints and a big cheesy grin on his face

17 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Didn't see that. Apologies Gumboots.  However, there is still a slight niff

Not elitist. Just old enough to remember life before we joined the Common Market and thinking I've earned the right now I'm retired to enjoy certain things that give me and my family pleasure and cause very little harm. We dont do big expensive holidays normally. We just come and live quietly in the little but of France we love. The kids join us sometimes if they can afford it and we visit the elder daughter in Germany occasionally. 

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

It's now looking to me like we are going to end up with a deal with the EU by the end of the year. It will almost certainly look pretty identical to the deal we had when we were in the EU except that we won't now have any future say on where it goes to. 

Praying you're right.

On 22/07/2020 at 18:14, chaddyrovers said:

Well then just sit back and complain then instead of getting involved in local politics or even running to challenge Evans in an election. 

You had 28 years to challenge him if you are that unhappy with him. 

Me: "I don't think Mowbray is fit for the job". You: "Well then stop complaining and become a football manager".

Meanwhile, back in the real world, ordinary people challenge their MPs by voting against them, piping up about their beef with them, and getting on with their lives. They generally don't drop their entire life to enter a political career whereby they have no training or status.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Me: "I don't think Mowbray is fit for the job". You: "Well then stop complaining and become a football manager".

Meanwhile, back in the real world, ordinary people challenge their MPs by voting against them, piping up about their beef with them, and getting on with their lives. They generally don't drop their entire life to enter a political career whereby they have no training or status.

Which hasn't happen in the Ribble Valley for 28 years. He got a vast majority of voters every time. why that? 

There is no training to became a politician. or as JFK said to Robert McNamara is they don't give any training to president either Bob when he said he wasn't experience to be defence secretary 

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Which hasn't happen in the Ribble Valley for 28 years. He got a vast majority of voters every time. why that? 

There is no training to became a politician. or as JFK said to Robert McNamara is they don't give any training to president either Bob when he said he wasn't experience to be defence secretary 

I'm not sure what the reason for Evans' majority got to do with you telling @gumboots to stop complaining about him on a message board and become a politician.

4 hours ago, only2garners said:

Matthew Parris gave his version of what the outcome would be last weekend. He says we’ll end up with an EU agreement that on the surface does away with the ECJ ruling over the U.K., but in effect it will still influence us because the EU will never negotiate anything that would fall foul of the ECJ.
He says we will negotiate a free trade deal with the EU that allows Johnson to claim that we are now free to negotiate globally, but in reality we will be trading with the EU on a level playing field. Hence Johnson will claim this new freedom but global trade deals simply won’t happen.

57 minutes ago, den said:

Matthew Parris gave his version of what the outcome would be last weekend. He says we’ll end up with an EU agreement that on the surface does away with the ECJ ruling over the U.K., but in effect it will still influence us because the EU will never negotiate anything that would fall foul of the ECJ.
He says we will negotiate a free trade deal with the EU that allows Johnson to claim that we are now free to negotiate globally, but in reality we will be trading with the EU on a level playing field. Hence Johnson will claim this new freedom but global trade deals simply won’t happen.

Exactly what the EU published on 3 January.

Basically the UK becomes a vassal state of its vastly bigger and more powerful neighbour.

Remainers are often accused of thinking leavers are stupid.

Well it wasn’t us who took you for fools, was it?

We didn’t get you outraged about bananas and teabags and unelected bureaucrats, then stripped you of your rights and freedoms and installed actual unelected bureaucrats over you, did we?

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Remainers are often accused of thinking leavers are stupid.

Well it wasn’t us who took you for fools, was it?

We didn’t get you outraged about bananas and teabags and unelected bureaucrats, then stripped you of your rights and freedoms and installed actual unelected bureaucrats over you, did we?

Bit early top be on the turps, philip, isn't it?

Posted (edited)

https://beergbrexit.blog/2020/08/02/brexit-nodeal-still-likely/

I tend to disagree- in the final analysis Bozo will panic about the horrendous damage no deal Brexit will inflict and will scuttle back with the deal the EU27 will give him which will be far worse than the one which would have been available had he approached the negotiations rationally. 

Edited by philipl

Posted (edited)

It's all kicking off again. IDS has decided he doesn't like the WA, 8 months after he voted it through😂 Tw*t. The S*n aren't happy either. Seems like Boris 'over-ready' Brexit is under-cooked and going to cost the country a fortune. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12295372/britain-bill-160billion-eu-loans-brexit/

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama