1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I just want to point out that after *checks notes* 11 years on this messageboard, it's only just twigged that @Tyrone Shoelaces is a play on words...

Right, well I’m going to look stupid now Mike, but - it’s gone over my head what it is. 🥴

Tyrone - you in a sexy band?

https://www.tyroneshoelaces.com

Edited by den
  • Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• philipl

• jim mk2

• den

• 47er

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simply put, without the NHS: I'd never have been born (I'm an IVF baby). I'd have died in the womb (as did the triplets I was supposed to be part of). I'd have died at some point immedi

I didn't really want to get involved in this thread again, as emotions are very high, but I can't stand by and continue to be abused without putting my side across.  I'll try and quantify my view

And I’m going to have a Spanish beer from a Belgian glass, wearing an Italian band t-shirt ordered from a German website, and listening to some Bulgarian europop. You and the rest can stick Brexi

Posted Images

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Tyrone - remarkably although you can't take animal products into the EU you can take up to 20kg of fish* in. You could make some belting prawn sandwiches instead.

* Or more if it's one fish.

That's great news. M&S make an ordinary range of prawn sandwiches that are nice but they also make a DE Luxe range that are superb.

46 minutes ago, den said:

Right, well I’m going to look stupid now Mike, but - it’s gone over my head what it is. 🥴

Tyrone - you in a sexy band?

https://www.tyroneshoelaces.com

No, Tyrone Shoelaces is a character in a " Cheech and Chong " film called " Basketball Jones ". I just liked it. One of my other nom de plumes is " Serge Trouserz ". I wonder of Mike will get that one ?

Regarding being in a band. I was chatting about music with a group of people I didn't know all that well in a pub one night. One of the people was the wife of a bloke my wife worked with. She was a graduate but a bit eccentric.

While we were still talking about music all of a sudden she said to me " What band are you in ?"

I replied " Well I really like music a lot but I've never been in a band ".

She said " No, I mean what Council Tax Band are You In ? "

Strange woman.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
2 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Think I might change my name to Theresa Green or Eileen Dover & see how long it takes Mike to catch up!

@Mike E, you could always change the 'E' of yours to Hunt 😉

I feel like a right one 😂

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

I feel like a right one 😂

🤣

At this risk of going completely off topic, whenever I do a pub quiz (remember them?) Our team name is always "Norfolk 'n' Chance".

Another of my favourites was a couple who used to do the one down at my local who called themselves "Hoof Hearted". Loved it when the quiz master used to read out the results! 😅

Anyway, Brexit..........

20 hours ago, Gav said:

We are no longer tied to most EU rules and regulations after brexit, we should tighten up in this area.

Do you agree?

As the Tories have shown with their immediate decision to lift the ban on nicotinioid sprays on British farms, their assertions that they intended to have more rigorous environmental regulations after Brexit were as empty as a hamper for poor families.

Labour regulations will go the same way, not that there's much of a journey left.

If you think otherwise you live on Planet Gav.

Anyway others have responded emphatically to your claims so I'll leave it there.

18 hours ago, RoverDom said:

EU rules on employee rights were a minimum we have always had the ability to go above and beyond these rules but not below. We could have done this 5 years ago.

You wont find me disagreeing that the discrimination is wrong but you cant shoehorn it into a brexit issue. 

Perfect response.

Would this be one of the mythical Brexit benefits ? Obviously it works both ways gives foreign drivers carte blanche to speed on our roads.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9140973/British-holidaymakers-dodge-EU-speeding-fines-Brexit-ends-sharing-agreement-UK.html

British drivers will escape most European speeding fines because of the end of an agreement for sharing motorists’ information.

An EU cross-border directive required the DVLA to share the contact details of those caught speeding on camera in member states.

But the UK’s departure from the bloc means owners of British-registered vehicles will no longer be sent fines from EU countries.

44 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Would this be one of the mythical Brexit benefits ? Obviously it works both ways gives foreign drivers carte blanche to speed on our roads.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9140973/British-holidaymakers-dodge-EU-speeding-fines-Brexit-ends-sharing-agreement-UK.html

British drivers will escape most European speeding fines because of the end of an agreement for sharing motorists’ information.

An EU cross-border directive required the DVLA to share the contact details of those caught speeding on camera in member states.

But the UK’s departure from the bloc means owners of British-registered vehicles will no longer be sent fines from EU countries.

Wonder if it will make up for the port delays?!

1 hour ago, 47er said:

As the Tories have shown with their immediate decision to lift the ban on nicotinioid sprays on British farms,

Don't make out like you care

Belgium, Spain and Denmark all overturned the ban as well along with 7 other EU countries. The EU actively promotes and subsidises farming methods that are incredibly harmful for the planet, in particularly insects which rely on flowering crops. 

It is an entirely political issue for you and I suspect we shan't hear you criticise the EU for refusing to follow the UK/Canada's lead in attempting to ban fishing practices which have seen shark species decimated to the near point of no return in the North Atlantic.

The only thing worse than someone not caring about these sorts of things is someone who only cares when it can be politicised

Edited by Dreams of 1995
11 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

The fishing problems were put to Johnson when he appeared before MP’s yesterday. His answer was just to brush it aside as “temporary”, without saying anything about the fishing industries problems or why it was only temporary. 
For the brexiteers, brexit is done and they don’t care any more.

55 minutes ago, den said:

The fishing problems were put to Johnson when he appeared before MP’s yesterday. His answer was just to brush it aside as “temporary”, without saying anything about the fishing industries problems or why it was only temporary. 

I don't think Johnson is wrong in his answer, the country is 14 days into a new agreement, you wouldn't judge a football manager/team after 2wks would you? Of course you wouldn't.

You'd give him time to mould his team, adapt to the new rules, new ways of training

(Realised as I was typing, I sound like Swiss Tony from the fast show).

image.jpeg.5e2905a0dcb79a86e8650d0f76295507.jpeg

Edited by Gav
14 minutes ago, Gav said:

I don't think Johnson is wrong in his answer, the country is 14 days into a new agreement, you wouldn't judge a football manager/team after 2wks would you? Of course you wouldn't.

You'd give him time to mould his team, adapt to the new rules, new ways of training

If you are saying this is a temporary problem, then you know why it’s temporary. Tell the guy who negotiated this deal, because he doesn’t know why.

Edited by den
1 hour ago, den said:

It's not 'temporary' for those Scottish fisherman about to go to the wall because they can't sell their fresh produce abroad.

TBF, Boris and his chums never cared in the first place - it was all ideological nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I'd judged Coyle before he walked through the door at Ewood.

40 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It's not 'temporary' for those Scottish fisherman about to go to the wall because they can't sell their fresh produce abroad.

TBF, Boris and his chums never cared in the first place - it was all ideological nonsense. 

It was more or less a toss of a coin for Johnson regarding which way he jumped on Brexit.