BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

I am a Venky's plant trying to uncover nefarious plans.

Fair play.

Did you tell Shebby to buy Rhodes?

How did Shebby contact Kean about your substitution idea?

You've gone straight after Glen asking for proof then you drop in one of your own about a Walker.

Your asking for receipts well lets see yours B)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've gone straight after Glen asking for proof then you drop in one of your own about a Walker.

Your asking for receipts well lets see yours B)

Just heard a rumour from a friend, that's literally it.

Not asking for proof from Glen,just intrigued by how it worked. I hope it's a lie. if it's true it is far worse.

Heard a little whisper last night that a Walker wants to buy us back. Will be trying to use the original term of sale as a break in contract.

I don't think there's a legal mechanism to do that though.

Is there any evidence that Venkys have broken contractual promises in their running of the club? What promises did they actually make? We know what they said they would do after the sale was completed to try and win over the supporters (working with the existing staff and all the rest of it), but that's a different matter to what the Trust demanded of them and what they signed a contract to do.

Given the Trusts seeming desperation to get rid of the club at a knockdown price so much so that they were willing to sit round a table with Jerome Anderson, Ali Syed and Venkys, I doubt very much that they put in place rigorous requirements for the new owners to stick to.

Even if they did, and there was a heap of evidence to show Venkys had breached those terms, I don't think anyone could force them to sell the club as a result. The best any aggrieved Walker family member could achieve would be some form of compensation or public apology from Venkys for not doing what they said they would do.

As it happens I heard the other week that one of the Walker children was part of the Seneca Group bid with the two Ians. I doubt very much that any single family member would have the cash needed to buy and run this club alone.

Just heard a rumour from a friend, that's literally it.

Not asking for proof from Glen,just intrigued by how it worked. I hope it's a lie. if it's true it is far worse.

I heard a similar rumour 4 years or so ago around the time Barclays were after their money from someone who knows one of them well. It was along similar lines of getting the original sale overturned or something because the terms of sale weren't being met. Just wishful thinking I reckon as nowt happened that we know of although Samba was sold then the banking switched to India so that may have put paid to it.

It compromises his entire rep.

Don't believe it at all. But try and think how it would work. Glenn-Shebby-Kean. Who was assistant at the time?

I don't mind what you believe , or do not believe, i'm pretty sure this story would be validated by the very person who was sat next to me, who asked me to send the txt.

Just out of interest, If you was carrying out an investigation with limited resources and you wanted to know facts, how would you approach it?

My approach was to get in close, which I knew I'd get flack for, but took the flack, because if I explained my reasoning at the time, I guarantee, 100% Fact Steve Kean would still be the manager of this club , the boardroom would be different to the current one, and IMO we would already be in league 1.

Testing the water, pushing the boundaries, was always going to be tough and had to be executed correctly, which in my opinion I feel it was. If I had my time again bar one thing which I won't share, I do things during the Singh Era exactly the same way

Whilst I very much appreciate all the work Glen has done, and I am unsure if there is another way to get the mine of information that has been obtained, I can also see how that could tar Glen by association to the whole sorry mess that is Rovers "governance". It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation imo, with consequences either way.

One think I'm certain of is that it is a very ugly situation behind the scenes at Rovers, and a lot of people will not want that mess being brought to light and will fight hard to ensure that it doesn't. This seems to make our job of protesting much harder than say at other clubs with more simple problems - like changing the name of the team, colour of the kit, lack of investment etc.

Whilst I very much appreciate all the work Glen has done, and I am unsure if there is another way to get the mine of information that has been obtained, I can also see how that could tar Glen by association to the whole sorry mess that is Rovers "governance". It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation imo, with consequences either way.

One think I'm certain of is that it is a very ugly situation behind the scenes at Rovers, and a lot of people will not want that mess being brought to light and will fight hard to ensure that it doesn't. This seems to make our job of protesting much harder than say at other clubs with more simple problems - like changing the name of the team, colour of the kit, lack of investment etc.

I thought that was the point of Glen's post. All knew Rovers were a shambles at the time(as they still are) but we never knew how absurdly bad it really was.

I'm a lifelong Rovers fan who used to live in Blackburn but moved to Cairo 4 years ago to teach. I've read this board for a few years but never post really. The past few weeks have been a joy to behold with all the efforts made by people to get Venkys out. I believe we are at a critical juncture and momentum needs to be kept up.

I think that everyone on here, WAR and other supporters agree that we need Venkys out. This is a major turning point for me. I also think everyone agrees that the campaign needs to target the same areas in order for this to work.

1. Distribution of a leaflet, fanzine or alternative programme to highlight information that many Rovers fans are not aware of and the campaign that is being waged.

2. Protests at Ewood that highlight the situation and anger of the fans to media, other clubs, the Government etc.

3. Target Pune - newspaper articles, trips, social media, advertising, shareholders, trips to Pune, cricket match.

4. Leaked documents, interviews, any other explosive evidence that would give these feckers a squeaky bum moment.

We have had and have in the pipeline a tremendous amount of projects from Madon and his fundraising to Glen and his documents to Birdy 1875 to name but a few. With these and our single aim of Venky's out we should be gathering momentum every day. To do this though I think we need for everyone including the 4 groups to see WAR for what it needs to be. A one stop shop for all your Venkys out needs.

Between all Rovers supporters we have the knowledge, expertise financial support and creative thinking to be successful. Already we have projects that have had success. What we need to do is allow people to formulate, plan and put into action any projects that target the 4 areas above. We are intelligent adults capable of this (no one's going to suggest something stupid I hope!) We need as many of these projects as possible from anyone who wishes to help. The more we have the harder it is for them to be stopped by Venkys and their minions. Plus it keeps the pressure constant.

WAR as Blackburnender stated is for resources, expertise and help to be pooled. So everyone who is a supporter should offer if they want to their help stating what they can offer. People on here, people from one of the four groups, supporters who are just supporters, if they have something to offer.

This will allow anybody who has a project in the pipeline to go their if they need anything to get it done. E.g Madon with his gofundme may go and say not hit our target yet can anyone help get the word out? Someone may say I'll get the word out through the trust mailing list or let's make a flyer about it to give out on match days or let's let everyone know on our twitter Facebook accounts. Similarly if WAR decide on an 1875 protest but need help of people on here or whoever to get it advertised and sorted we should offer help.

It's not about saying which projects are allowed or to be supported and who says so it's about getting all projects to target Venkys. Some will work some won't but we need as many as we can get.

I know of the two separate trips to Pune by two different sets of supporters. Great two is better than one. Share contacts, support etc to help each trip. Whichever group goes first feedback to the other successes failures so that the second trip can have even greater success.

WAR could really be a massive part of this campaign and the most important part if it does what it was set up to do and pool resources and expertise. Let the supporters use their knowledge and expertise and back them with your resources. Just because a project is being done by supporters that are not affiliated with WAR or this site should not mean they can't do it or receive support if the need it.

I'm not affiliated with any group or know people off this site but if I tried to get media here or on Bein sports aware and asked for help or support I'd like to think people in WAR or here if they could help would.

Let's get venkysout!!

• Backroom

This will allow anybody who has a project in the pipeline to go their if they need anything to get it done. E.g Madon with his gofundme may go and say not hit our target yet can anyone help get the word out? Someone may say I'll get the word out through the trust mailing list or let's make a flyer about it to give out on match days or let's let everyone know on our twitter Facebook accounts. Similarly if WAR decide on an 1875 protest but need help of people on here or whoever to get it advertised and sorted we should offer help.

Good idea, there has only been a couple of donations the past couple of days so I could really do with a bit of help promotion wise with the gofundme page.

I am a Venky's plant trying to uncover nefarious plans.

Fair play.

Did you tell Shebby to buy Rhodes?

How did Shebby contact Kean about your substitution idea?

I will cover this in detail in my blog when I get to that stage of it, I'd rather write the whole saga, than repeatedly answer the question on message boards tbh

Good idea, there has only been a couple of donations the past couple of days so I could really do with a bit of help promotion wise with the gofundme page.

Exactly what WAR should be able to help with. Just because you are not a member of the 4 groups should not matter. Every supporter should be helping this in any way they can. Even just tweeting a link.

I'm a lifelong Rovers fan who used to live in Blackburn but moved to Cairo 4 years ago to teach. I've read this board for a few years but never post really. The past few weeks have been a joy to behold with all the efforts made by people to get Venkys out. I believe we are at a critical juncture and momentum needs to be kept up.

I think that everyone on here, WAR and other supporters agree that we need Venkys out. This is a major turning point for me. I also think everyone agrees that the campaign needs to target the same areas in order for this to work.

1. Distribution of a leaflet, fanzine or alternative programme to highlight information that many Rovers fans are not aware of and the campaign that is being waged.

2. Protests at Ewood that highlight the situation and anger of the fans to media, other clubs, the Government etc.

3. Target Pune - newspaper articles, trips, social media, advertising, shareholders, trips to Pune, cricket match.

4. Leaked documents, interviews, any other explosive evidence that would give these feckers a squeaky bum moment.

We have had and have in the pipeline a tremendous amount of projects from Madon and his fundraising to Glen and his documents to Birdy 1875 to name but a few. With these and our single aim of Venky's out we should be gathering momentum every day. To do this though I think we need for everyone including the 4 groups to see WAR for what it needs to be. A one stop shop for all your Venkys out needs.

Between all Rovers supporters we have the knowledge, expertise financial support and creative thinking to be successful. Already we have projects that have had success. What we need to do is allow people to formulate, plan and put into action any projects that target the 4 areas above. We are intelligent adults capable of this (no one's going to suggest something stupid I hope!) We need as many of these projects as possible from anyone who wishes to help. The more we have the harder it is for them to be stopped by Venkys and their minions. Plus it keeps the pressure constant.

WAR as Blackburnender stated is for resources, expertise and help to be pooled. So everyone who is a supporter should offer if they want to their help stating what they can offer. People on here, people from one of the four groups, supporters who are just supporters, if they have something to offer.

It's not about saying which projects are allowed or to be supported and who says so it's about getting all projects to target Venkys. Some will work some won't but we need as many as we can get.

I know of the two separate trips to Pune by two different sets of supporters. Great two is better than one. Share contacts, support etc to help each trip. Whichever group goes first feedback to the other successes failures so that the second trip can have even greater success.

WAR could really be a massive part of this campaign and the most important part if it does what it was set up to do and pool resources and expertise. Let the supporters use their knowledge and expertise and back them with your resources. Just because a project is being done by supporters that are not affiliated with WAR or this site should not mean they can't do it or receive support if the need it.

I'm not affiliated with any group or know people off this site but if I tried to get media here or on Bein sports aware and asked for help or support I'd like to think people in WAR or here if they could help would.

Let's get venkysout!!

The Rovers trust has the whole supporter database, I would ask, given all the documents were leaked to 2000 who emailed me, why they cannot be sent to the whole database, this surely makes sense?

Getting information out is vital, if I had the database, they would already have it!!!

I will cover this in detail in my blog when I get to that stage of it, I'd rather write the whole saga, than repeatedly answer the question on message boards tbh

Can you please answer what was the score at your sub and what was the final result in your blog? And was this the only time you did it?

Cheers

Exactly what WAR should be able to help with. Just because you are not a member of the 4 groups should not matter. Every supporter should be helping this in any way they can. Even just tweeting a link.

There is a pattern here, unless its their initiative they have failed to help in other supporter initiatives by RT simple things on twitter. I know when I RT it goes to over 4500, of which they RT Too which gets things viral very very quickly.

People asking for support, need to do the same, and support others!!!!!

The Rovers trust has the whole supporter database, I would ask, given all the documents were leaked to 2000 who emailed me, why they cannot be sent to the whole database, this surely makes sense?

Getting information out is vital, if I had the database, they would already have it!!!

Also could you clarify the game please.

Can you please answer what was the score at your sub and what was the final result in your blog? And was this the only time you did it?

Cheers

Absolutely!! Perhaps with a covering email or letter attached detailing or highlighting specifics in the documents that are of concern and why. Knowledge is power.

There is a pattern here, unless its their initiative they have failed to help in other supporter initiatives by RT simple things on twitter. I know when I RT it goes to over 4500, of which they RT Too which gets things viral very very quickly.

People asking for support, need to do the same, and support others!!!!!

It needs for WAR and all supporters to be big enough to say, ok we started on the wrong foot with this let's sort it and support every initiative we can from now on. Not a big thing to do in the grand scheme of things.

Many of us disagree and that's why WAR won't get anywhere. It's clearly being used as a tool for Wayne Wild to 'get his feet under the table' with the new owners, and people can see right through it.

It's funny that people are attacking WW for that, when Glen had his feet firmly under the table, buying and picking players via Shebby.

How or why do the Rovers Trust have the whole supporters database?

I am not a member of the Trust & do not want them to have my details.

How or why do the Rovers Trust have the whole supporters database?

I am not a member of the Trust & do not want them to have my details.

Ben this goes back a number of years and caused a lot of discussion at the time. Basically RT have at least the season ticket data base that was current at the time.

First time I've seen it raised since then.

Missed that bit. What was the score?

2-1 Rovers

Archived