BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

is it just me, or do things seem to of gone very quiet on a lot of fronts? Backstage jockeying for position maybe... :mellow: the momentum from that meeting/Indian press reports is quickly evaporating while those with the hands on the wheel seem to of virtually disappeared?!?!

Hence why I was bemused with the whole thing.

They had zero input into the storm before the meeting and WAR, whilst bar extinguishing the best momentum which we have had in 5 years they have done nothing bar strangely asking for people to send professional CVS to see if they are worthy to join this self appointed cabinet . Which incidentally now has the same logo as the rovers trust

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone really thinks that tbh, Saturday was three points with some good goals in there, that's about it. With respect, it's this kind of thing which aids the divisions in the fan base (amongst many other things). People believe they are being persecuted for enjoying a Rovers win, on a Rovers message board, which is insane when you see it written down.....Similarly, others may feel they can't see beyond the bigger picture (which is fair enough, I'd still say results on the pitch have taken on secondary importance to addressing the ownership issues).

The problems with the club prevail, it could even be argued that they're getting worse if the HMRC revelations are to be believed.

The goings on on the pitch at this moment in time are a side show IMO some people don't want to look at the bigger picture being wrapped up in super fan mode

• Backroom

is it just me, or do things seem to of gone very quiet on a lot of fronts? Backstage jockeying for position maybe... :mellow: the momentum from that meeting/Indian press reports is quickly evaporating while those with the hands on the wheel seem to of virtually disappeared?!?!

I never did get an answer on if the name and logo were devised before the meeting

Nothing has made me think this isn't just a Rovers Trust PR exercise and the meeting was to announce Wayne's trip as the way forward

Hence why I was bemused with the whole thing.

They had zero input into the storm before the meeting and WAR, whilst bar extinguishing the best momentum which we have had in 5 years they have done nothing bar strangely asking for people to send professional CVS to see if they are worthy to join this self appointed cabinet . Which incidentally now has the same logo as the rovers trust

And question it and Wayne wild has a pop

The WAR logo is plastered all over the Rovers Trust twitter account and graphics have been busy blending it with RT.....or have I got it wrong. Has the logo always been that of RT?

From the RT twitter ''Holding statement until full and detail released analysis on Tuesday'' - I can't quite work out why its taken RT so many YEARS to look into the fine detail of who owns what and what can be done with/to the assets. I would have thought/hoped that would have been a top priority. Not impressed at all with RT - even though they overuse the word ''professional'' which is a usually a good signal to treat what you are being told with extreme care.

It's easy to criticise but is seems a complete shambles on the face of things, momentum has been lost and a weeing competition has taken over.

Sad really after the initial upsurge in interest.

We often get caught up in thinking this site is the centre of the universe, when in reality it doesn't represent the fan base at all. I was so disappointed that nothing really happened on Saturday because that indicates that any message just simply isn't getting out and until it does we're in limbo.

It's easy to criticise but is seems a complete shambles on the face of things, momentum has been lost and a weeing competition has taken over.

Sad really after the initial upsurge in interest.

We often get caught up in thinking this site is the centre of the universe, when in reality it doesn't represent the fan base at all. I was so disappointed that nothing really happened on Saturday because that indicates that any message just simply isn't getting out and until it does we're in limbo.

Its right that it is easy to criticise and for some it is almost the default setting, but in this instance I agree with you.

In relation to nothing happening on Saturday, I posted earlier on Twitter in a conversation that I took the kids down on Saturday (first home league game of the season) in the Family Stand and given the mood/atmosphere I'd genuinely be surprised if 100 people walked out of the Family Stand during the 1875 protest. People just seemed happy to watch an entertaining match in the sun...

The odd Venkys Out chant that there was, wasn't even half-arsed more like a quarter or eighth-arsed if you were lucky.

It seems that WARS greatest achievement to date is creating a logo. All the momentum of the last few weeks has disappeared quicker than Paul Pogba's talent. This stagnation has allowed all old wounds over protesters vs non protesters to rear it's ugly head again thus diverting everyone from the protest itself.

To me their are 4 groups of fans at the moment.

1. Boycotters who won't enter but will be out protesting outside E.g Abbey (respect).

2. Those who attend but are full educated on the happenings and will protest 1875.

3. Those who have the facts but have made the decision to not get involved and will just watch the game E.g Parson (I respect their decision).

4. The most important and biggest group those not yet in the knowledge of the protest itself or the information that has come out. These people still attend but could join the protest if educated.

Knowing this then the solution is simple. @#/? WAR and it's pissing contest, we need to target group 4 not group 3. These are the ones who will help ensure the success of this protest.

We have enough brains and expertise on this site alone that if we put our heads together could get a leaflet designed made and printed off with all relevant information and links before next home game. I'm also sure we would have many volunteers to distribute it at the game and around town.

Let's not stagnate let's get the momentum back now!!! This website got the ball rolling let it be the place where it's kick-started again

• Backroom

Its right that it is easy to criticise and for some it is almost the default setting, but in this instance I agree with you.

In relation to nothing happening on Saturday, I posted earlier on Twitter in a conversation that I took the kids down on Saturday (first home league game of the season) in the Family Stand and given the mood/atmosphere I'd genuinely be surprised if 100 people walked out of the Family Stand during the 1875 protest. People just seemed happy to watch an entertaining match in the sun...

The odd Venkys Out chant that there was, wasn't even half-arsed more like a quarter or eighth-arsed if you were lucky.

I'm in there Andy and have to agree looking around me it just won't happen

I'm in there Andy and have to agree looking around me it just won't happen

The family stand is the group least likely to be aware of the reasons behind the protests. Most parents in there probably don't even know about it, let alone the kids.

The irony is that it's the younger generation that is being fought for. They won't know until it's too late. Then they'll say: "why did nobody tell us?" and "why did nobody do anything?".

The DE will clear. The Riverside will be interesting but out of camera shot. The JW will be a handful.

All eyes are on the BBE.

• Backroom

What is slightly annoying to me is people saying 'We've lost our momentum'.

Yes we have, but there is no reason to have lost it. WAR has been created, nothing of note has happened yet, so we just need to carry on as we were.

Until they actually give us something to get behind then I'm going to carry on doing my own thing, as I'm sure others will do.

I fully agree that people need to be singing from the same hymn sheet, but while there's no hymn sheet to sing from we might as well just crack on and resume from where we left off before the Blakeys meeting.

http://www.gofundme.com/venkysadvert

http://www.venkysout.com

Send a clip of yourself saying 'I am boycotting' to madon@sky.com for a video I'm putting together regarding how many fans we have lost in 6 years.

Come on people, give yourselves a kick up the backside and tweet #VenkysOut spread the word on initiatives and lets get this bloody ball rolling again.

I read this forum every day and I really don't have a clue what "We Are Rovers" is about other than it being a really annoying acronym of WAR that is rivalling Brexit in it's naffness.

That's a damning indicment of it's impact. If I haven't a clue what chance has 67 year old Lancs Telegraph reading 'Sid' who sits in the Jack Walker stand?

Is it not a good idea to put some pressure on the people who are still involved in the club and live locally. People like Rob Coar, Ian Stanners etc who made vast amounts of money out of the ground re-development.The Ribchester Arms is a good place to start and you can enjoy a pint in the process,these people still deal with the cancer that exists in our club.

The family stand is the group least likely to be aware of the reasons behind the protests. Most parents in there probably don't even know about it, let alone the kids.

The irony is that it's the younger generation that is being fought for. They won't know until it's too late. Then they'll say: "why did nobody tell us?" and "why did nobody do anything?".

All eyes are on the BBE.

The family stand in my experience used to be full of kids and dads, and the dads used to be rather lairy in years gone by, maybe that's changed now, but to think they'll not know what's going on could be wide of the mark, let's see.

The younger element I agree with, scared of their own shadow in the main, but it's not about fan vrs fan, we need to remember that.

"Lairy" GAV? I haven't sat in their for 10 years but it wasn't the case for the 12-15 seasons that we did.

It would have been around the same time Paul, under Souness, the police regular came into the top tier to have a word, the language was terrible for a family stand amongst other things.

But I wasn't in their every week, debs says I attract trouble.....maybe it was me.

Surprised to read that GAV as we rarely, if ever, had a problem and just working off the kids' ages would have been in their at the start of the Souness reign. I can't recall when we moved to the JW but it would probably have been towards the end of his spell.

We were definitely in the JW when Hughes arrived.

In my experience SWMBO is usually right.

Today we are promised the full facts on Brockhall ownership from WAR...

Tbf it was a major topic of concern amongst fans so will be good to know truth. Hopefully it is published widely enough that all concerned fans get to read it.

I really don't understand what WAR is all about. I left the meeting at Blakeys in a haze of despondency as nothing was decided despite several good suggestions and offers from people to get involved in a concerted campaign to rid us of this abomination which has blighted us for too long. I now believe that the meeting was a mistake and has done far more harm than good. If the self promoted people who came up with WAR aren't going to do anything radical then what is the point of them being in positions of power? If they have personal agendas they should not be involved as this is about sacrifice for the greater good.

Any momentum and anger before the meeting has now dissipated and we find ourselves in limbo and once again fractured as a fan base. If Venkys and the chumps at Ewood are aware of this nonsense they must be laughing at us.

Archived