BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds Away

davulsukur

Cheston didn't appoint Coyle, the owners did. Cheston just happens to be the employee tasked with signing contracts, he has no more say at what goes on at Ewood than you or I.

Like you say I'm led to believe anecdotally that the Pasha chap wields all the influence at Ewood, and in fact he appointed both Lambert and Coyle and the owners have never met either! Same source said Cheston has no influence whatsoever and may almost as well not be there.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A different manager could get Danny Graham fitter and scoring goals, like Lambert did.

Yeah I think there is a bit of sulking going on there with DG. He was the focal point of attack last season with the team set up to get the ball forwards into his area and obviously Lambert knew how to coach the best out of him.

He don't look happy from what I've heard but he's got his contract so it's still easy street unless he's got a pay off in mind........

Play-offs? Own style and squad? Never mentioned any of that.

But you did try comparing Lambert's performance with a squad that he walked into to, Bowyers performance with a squad he developed over years.

I'll file that comment with your other classics.

Yeah I think there is a bit of sulking going on there with DG. He was the focal point of attack last season with the team set up to get the ball forwards into his area and obviously Lambert knew how to coach the best out of him.

He don't look happy from what I've heard but he's got his contract so it's still easy street unless he's got a pay off in mind........

Graham's a bit of a strange one. He signed his long term deal long after Lambert walked out so if he is sulking he can't really say it's because PL is no longer there.

Like you say I'm led to believe anecdotally that the Pasha chap wields all the influence at Ewood, and in fact he appointed both Lambert and Coyle and the owners have never met either! Same source said Cheston has no influence whatsoever and may almost as well not be there.

Cheston is only there so that they comply with company law, if Pasha could get a work permit then Mike would be out on his ear.

Any chat about the protests Parson? Or Wolves game? WAR?

You'd think it was a hot topic now with all the media coverage.

Just as a side note, mates a Leeds fan, said Rovers are the worse team he's seen at Elland Rd this season, even worse than Leeds and that's saying something.

We discussed it a great deal Gav on Saturday and last night. The general feeling was that folk I travel with would be ignoring the 1875 protest. I think it simply reflects that there are varying views and I know that if you spoke to other fans they would be in full support of 1875. At the end of the day there has to be room for all views as you will never get complete agreement on any issue.

We discussed it a great deal Gav on Saturday and last night. The general feeling was that folk I travel with would be ignoring the 1875 protest. I think it simply reflects that there are varying views and I know that if you spoke to other fans they would be in full support of 1875. At the end of the day there has to be room for all views as you will never get complete agreement on any issue.

Glad it's being discussed Parson and you make a very fair point.

Graham's a bit of a strange one. He signed his long term deal long after Lambert walked out so if he is sulking he can't really say it's because PL is no longer there.

True but he may have been convinced he'd still be the main man by Coyle or more likely he didn't have any other offers on the table to match Rovers so came here grudgingly despite what he might have been waxing in the press.

Not really, pretty sure when an able CEO appoints people to particular posts they seek out the opinions of those that are most qualified in that field to help make their decisions. Can`t see what Cheston based his decision making on when appointing Coyle other than his willingness to accept mediocrity. Football is not really a business that will thrive by penny pinching.

It's easy to see what he based his decision on .. Anderscum told him to .

Cheston didn't appoint Coyle, the owners did. Cheston just happens to be the employee tasked with signing contracts, he has no more say at what goes on at Ewood than you or I.

Define owners

Can't do it this Saturday, but if needed in future I would be happy to come to Ewood, give out leaflets then go home again.

Same here , working Saturday

At the end of the day there has to be room for all views as you will never get complete agreement on any issue.

Of course, because of the small-time mentality that pervades a section of our support.

As long as Ewood's still standing and there's XI in blue n' white halves, nothing else matters.

Of course, because of the small-time mentality that pervades a section of our support.

As long as Ewood's still standing and there's XI in blue n' white halves, nothing else matters.

I love your posts - clearly one of the best WUM on this forum. Keep it up your posts always brighten my day.

You're catching him up Parson

I clearly must do better Aggy ^_^

Back on topic, I totally agree with your thoughts on last night - far too many passes going back and sideways. I also agree that Emnes has to start ahead of Graham if we are going to continue with just one up front. When we drew level I felt that Leeds were there for the taking and it was another missed opportunity to register our first win.

It's easy to see what he based his decision on .. Anderscum told him to .

Define owners

Same here , working Saturday

Why define the owners, it doesn't really matter who owns the club as they are making a monumental pigs ear of it either way. Whether its Venky's, Anderson, Huber or the Sultan of Brunei the point still stands, the people calling the shots are not at Ewood.

so why is Cheston still here? oh never mind, we all know why

No problem Capt. At the end of the day I go with friends, we enjoy our football and supporting the Rovers, irrespective of the result. We have done it all our lives and whilst we all know that things are going to be difficult and need to change, we are not going to give something up that we enjoy, particularly at our time of life. We are not blind to the situation. We all believe that Coyle was the wrong appointment - as time will no doubt tell - we all believe that Cheston is out of his depth and that the owners are responsible for the situation we find ourselves in. The only difference in our positions is that we still want to continue to support the club in the way we have done all our lives. At the end of the day nobody should be criticised for boycotting or attending games. We are all Rovers supporters no matter what position we take.

Great post

Parson, you clearly love Blackburn Rovers very much and have been a fan far longer than me, seen more desperate times and also have a clearer memory of the glory years under Jack Walker. But I do have to take issue with the above.

- You are clearly against the current regime and how the club is being run.

- You have stated many times that you knew the Coyle appointment would end in tears.

- You know that the squad is woefully lacking.

Yet you won't in any way support an organised, peaceful protest designed to highlight the complete destruction of the football club that has been a huge part of your life for so very many years? A club that in the not too distant future may not even exist.

What are your reasons for that? Surely it isn't because you'll miss a total of 33 minutes of crap football? Not because you HAVE to support the lads on the field for that final 15 minutes...

There are people trying desperately to come up with ideas of how to unite the fan base behind a single protest/action that will show our dismay at how this club is being run, and all I can see is a number of fans who are completely against any of them that have been discussed.... WHY? Why is there such a complete disregard for ANY kind of protest or joint action by a section of the fan base?

They aren't asking you to Boycott and stop attending games. They aren't asking you to go on the pitch and jeopardise your season ticket or worse suffer legal implications. They don't want you to clash with police outside the ground in some kind of Euro 2016 Russian Mafia attack.

They simply want ALL fans to unite for one day to best showcase our plight, by walking in late and walking out early. Why is that idea going to be completely ignored?

I was thinking this morning as I read the 'Is this the final chapter' thread, started by Tom. And I thought about them finally closing the gates at Ewood as the club goes under.... the statue of Jack Walker desolate. I have so many great memories in that stadium; god knows how many you have! In a few years time that might be all we have.

All that's left of the club that Jack built will be a few dusty old video recordings and the occasional replay of Premier League Years 94/95.

So by all means keep on attending the games week in week out - it's what you feel is the right thing to do and I applaud your commitment. But don't lose sight of the fact that other fans are trying to bring our plight to a wider audience - and it might just require you and your mates to sup your pint a little slower before the game, and get back to the pub a little before 17:45 after it too.

Archived