BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham At Home

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely enjoyed your post Neal- I know you care, I just wish more had the balls to get involved like you do mate - it was just the initial post that really got under the skin.

Coyle is a complete sideshow, we are in total agreement of how he should never have been anywhere near. The day he was appointed, I was in uproar, and I'll be fist pumping the day he goes.

The problem is with the apathy at the current scenario is its hard to get out of that mindset and the club will be around after him and these players. It's a bit like the Kean era atm, genuinely hard to take and hard to see light at the end of the tunnel, but eventually GB restored some pride.

I honestly see something similar happening with Damien Johnson. A mainly academy based first team steered by people who came through it and had a good career - what better motivator?

Abbey - I've still got some semblance of youth left in me...

When we're in League 1 with even smaller crowds, even more apathy, a worse squad and an even worse manager do we say "this reminds me of the Coyle era, it'll get better." Kean may have been a scumbag but it's not like the Kean era at all. The club was merely damaged back then, now it's almost at the point of being damaged beyond repair. It's getting worse and continues to get worse by the month.

I also can't see how Bowyer was light at the end of the tunnel? You can say he restored pride but how long did that last exactly?

does this make us more or less of a goal threat

It's completely irrelevant.

There were a number of fans coming out of Elland Road on Tuesday complaining about the stick Coyle was getting because of his Burnley connections. Despite what some on here would have you believe there are still many supporters who will get behind the team and become frustrated with those who don't. Some may not be happy with that but that's the way it is.

So why are they complaining? They could start a counter chant? "Coyle in" "Venkys in".

Tell them to stop moaning it can't help the team.

Rotherham results to date;

Rotherham 2 - 2 Wolves

Rotherham 4 - 5 Morecambe

Villa 3 - 0 Rotherham

Brighton 3 - 0 Rotherham

Rotherham 1 - 0 Brentford

Barnsley 4 - 0 Rotherham

Rotherham 2 - 2 Bristol

Rotherham 2 - 2 Forest

Conclusions?

Draws against Wolves, Forest and Bristol City at home. 1 - 0 win against Brentford.

Poor away from home, yet to score, conceeding goals for fun. No disgrace losing to Villa or Brighton away from home, but the Barnsley result doesn't look good, especially as a localish derby.

Two points from the twenty-one available for us. Venky's business masterclass in full swing. Having a party with wee Coyley.

Even this early you have to say we must not lose this fixture. You could argue we desperately need to win for a variety of reasons. Continually losing points at home will eventually ensure we are relegated so I would hope and expect the players to be really up for this one against a relegation rival / favourite.

I remain of the opinion that Coyle is getting off very lightly to date, as all the focus is placed on the owners. What are we frightened of? His previous links to Burnley and being accused of local bias? So what?

If I recruited a manager for my organisation, in charge of a multi-million pound operation, I would expect some results and decent ones at that. Or I would make a change. We can all moan about the lack of money for new signings, but what about the millions committed to paying our existing signings, that Coyle is supposedly managing to best effect?

No-one an tell me that a different manager wouldn't get better results than Coyle is achieving. If the plant pot manages to lose this one then there is simply no point waiting for the inevitable. Get shut of the plank asap as forced relegation would be a further nail in the Rovers coffin. Failing upowards - Venkys latest strapline.

If the plant pot manages to lose this one then there is simply no point waiting for the inevitable. Get shut of the plank asap.

Match facts

◾Blackburn have won their last three league games against Rotherham, beating them by a 1-0 scoreline in both meetings last season.

◾The Millers have lost 12 of their last 14 league visits to Ewood Park (W1 D1), last winning there 3-0 in September 1979.

◾Blackburn are the only team in the league yet to register a victory after seven games (D2 L5). Their first league victory last season came in their eighth game.

◾Rovers have conceded eight goals in the first half so far in the Championship; two more than any other side.

◾Rotherham have lost each of their last four away league games, shipping 15 goals in total (3.8 per game) and scoring just one.

This probably accounts for his poor form this season. He needs to rest the ankle but not to neglect his fitness training. He has looked over weight and that has nothing to do with his ankle. At the moment he is a shadow of the player he was last season.

Rotherham results to date;

Rotherham 2 - 2 Wolves

Rotherham 4 - 5 Morecambe

Villa 3 - 0 Rotherham

Brighton 3 - 0 Rotherham

Rotherham 1 - 0 Brentford

Barnsley 4 - 0 Rotherham

Rotherham 2 - 2 Bristol

Rotherham 2 - 2 Forest

Conclusions?

Simple arithmetic- they have scored 11 in 8 outings so we can expect them to score.

So we need at least two to win.

Anyone feeling confident?

When we're in League 1 with even smaller crowds, even more apathy, a worse squad and an even worse manager do we say "this reminds me of the Coyle era, it'll get better." Kean may have been a scumbag but it's not like the Kean era at all. The club was merely damaged back then, now it's almost at the point of being damaged beyond repair. It's getting worse and continues to get worse by the month.

I also can't see how Bowyer was light at the end of the tunnel? You can say he restored pride but how long did that last exactly?

It's completely irrelevant.

What I meant was it felt similar in outlook, but I still wanted to support the team - not apathetic or writing it off as "not BRFC anymore".

That's the part that grinds - hurts to see the extent of what's transpired and its effects. If we are in league one and dropping again next season, I still can't see myself having a "who cares" attitude. The more empty seats in the stadium, the less likely the return - hence frustrated acceptance at people's decision to boycott.

GB certainly restored pride for me for a time, and enjoyment. We both know it's not just about the manager, the reason for a sharp decline since last season is more than coyles influence. He is a sideshow.

Don't let "ol Chimp 'ead" and the criminally negligent owners win. Good chance of 3 points today- if we lose I will be venting at 90 minutes so it's win win.

I see a draw though. Concede early, drag it back. 1-1 Conway

• Backroom

For the record, the position of "the club is bigger than the owners" is fundamentally flawed and wholly incorrect. The owners can and are destroying the club, and could leave it as nothing but a memory. That makes them a genuine threat to the club, and that is the reason why it is so important to get rid of them. Blackburn Rovers needs people to defend it, not people standing by and saying "whatever will be will be".

A phoenix club could be created, but many have already said they wouldn't recognise it as a legitimate continuation of Blackburn Rovers. That's not a solution.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

What I meant was it felt similar in outlook, but I still wanted to support the team - not apathetic or writing it off as "not BRFC anymore".

That's the part that grinds - hurts to see the extent of what's transpired and its effects. If we are in league one and dropping again next season, I still can't see myself having a "who cares" attitude. The more empty seats in the stadium, the less likely the return - hence frustrated acceptance at people's decision to boycott.

GB certainly restored pride for me for a time, and enjoyment. We both know it's not just about the manager, the reason for a sharp decline since last season is more than coyles influence. He is a sideshow.

Don't let "ol Chimp 'ead" and the criminally negligent owners win. Good chance of 3 points today- if we lose I will be venting at 90 minutes so it's win win.

I see a draw though. Concede early, drag it back. 1-1 Conway

its like a family member on life support ,they are there in body only.

its VENKY FC

For the record, the position of "the club is bigger than the owners" is fundamentally flawed and wholly incorrect. The owners can and are destroying the club, and could leave it as nothing but a memory. That makes them a genuine threat to the club, and that is the reason why it is so important to get rid of them. Blackburn Rovers needs people to defend it, not people standing by and saying "whatever will be will be".

A phoenix club could be created, but many have already said they wouldn't recognise it as a legitimate continuation of Blackburn Rovers. That's not a solution.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Far to much 'hot air' and no action, talk them to death, thats the way forward, its worked so well for the past 5yrs.

I'm going to pick my game, if the place was going to go into meltdown today I'd be on that motorway now to join in, but its all hot air at the moment, so its quite simply not worth the effort.

We need fans to kick off, simple as that, be it on the pitch or hundreds protesting outside the main entrance after the game whatever, but we need fans to get angry and start to show some fight because at the moment we're going down without even a whimper.

Not being in attendance means I'm also full of hot air, but until we have anger on the terraces I'm not wasting my time.

An excellent post jbizzle which, sadly, reflects the position the club is in. Many of us, like yourself, will continue to support the club no matter what because we see the club as something bigger than the owners - who come and go, like managers and players. Others see the departure of the present owners as far more important than anything that happens on the pitch. Ultimately, the two groups will never agree no matter how much we argue on here. Some will protest, some will ignore all protests. Those who protest are frustrated with those who don't and those who don't are equally frustrated with those who do. At the end of the day people will do what they feel is right to do and whilst we might disagree with one another we must also respect the position that everyone takes.

It's difficult to say this Parson because you're a good fan but its not just the owners that have driven me away, it's fans like yourself that have refused to stand together with me and show the owners, the rest of the country, the F.A. And the world that what is happening is wrong. You say owners come and go, which they do, but no-one knows if they ever will in the short or long term.

I'm willing to fight for the club because its important for the future fans of Blackburn Rovers who are the clubs future. These kids are growing up supporting a tale of lies and deceit, many of them wont even consider supporting Rovers now, they will want a United, City, Liverpool shirt. I see you consantly referencing the past but the most important thing is securing the clubs future because whilst this disgusting circus continues there may well not be enough passionate new fans to look after it. I find it genuinely warming that there are some fans (like yourself) who get pleasure of still going to watch the team but your apathy against fighting for the club i find selfish. These kids deserve to feel part of something, growing up in Blackburn isn't easy, there's not a lot to be proud of and the one thing they should be proud of is BRFC. They need to be shown just as much as Venkys what it means to be a Rovers fan, how passionate we can be, how good the team can be, how they can be proud of where they're from. If we don't show them these things then i fear for the clubs existence in the near future.

Beautiful day for a game of football.

This is a must win game today and Coyle MUST move Marshall to RB.

Steele

Marshall Greer Hoban Williams

Conway Evans Guthrie Lenihan Samuelsen

Emnes

Probably set off around 2pm as I don't foresee more than around 10k attending.

COYB

It's difficult to say this Parson because you're a good fan but its not just the owners that have driven me away, it's fans like yourself that have refused to stand together with me and show the owners, the rest of the country, the F.A. And the world that what is happening is wrong. You say owners come and go, which they do, but no-one knows if they ever will in the short or long term.

I'm willing to fight for the club because its important for the future fans of Blackburn Rovers who are the clubs future. These kids are growing up supporting a tale of lies and deceit, many of them wont even consider supporting Rovers now, they will want a United, City, Liverpool shirt. I see you consantly referencing the past but the most important thing is securing the clubs future because whilst this disgusting circus continues there may well not be enough passionate new fans to look after it. I find it genuinely warming that there are some fans (like yourself) who get pleasure of still going to watch the team but your apathy against fighting for the club i find selfish. These kids deserve to feel part of something, growing up in Blackburn isn't easy, there's not a lot to be proud of and the one thing they should be proud of is BRFC. They need to be shown just as much as Venkys what it means to be a Rovers fan, how passionate we can be, how good the team can be, how they can be proud of where they're from. If we don't show them these things then i fear for the clubs existence in the near future.

You've done it again Neal, bravo sir. The word 'selfish' is the one I'd use too

I'll go with that Neal :tu:

Shortsighted stuff indeed, typical 'I'm alright Jack' attitudes won't get us out of this mess, but I bet they'll be the first to tell the grandkids

'I fought for this club' :rock:

I keep reading this is a must win game but what exactly is that? What are the consequences of not winning for Coyle and his staff? Will he resign and crawl back under his stone or will he be sacked? I would bet my bottom dollar on no significant consequence for them so it this must win thing just a misnomer.

An excellent post jbizzle which, sadly, reflects the position the club is in. Many of us, like yourself, will continue to support the club no matter what because we see the club as something bigger than the owners - who come and go, like managers and players. Others see the departure of the present owners as far more important than anything that happens on the pitch. Ultimately, the two groups will never agree no matter how much we argue on here. Some will protest, some will ignore all protests. Those who protest are frustrated with those who don't and those who don't are equally frustrated with those who do. At the end of the day people will do what they feel is right to do and whilst we might disagree with one another we must also respect the position that everyone takes.

"Those who protest are frustrated with those who don't and those who don't are equally frustrated with those who do."

Staggering

There were a number of fans coming out of Elland Road on Tuesday complaining about the stick Coyle was getting because of his Burnley connections. Despite what some on here would have you believe there are still many supporters who will get behind the team and become frustrated with those who don't. Some may not be happy with that but that's the way it is.

Who are these people? I'd question their sanity and general logic.

You skated around Stuart's point.

Unless some vocal splinter group has taken up protesting against Coyle?

Far to much 'hot air' and no action, talk them to death, thats the way forward, its worked so well for the past 5yrs.

I'm going to pick my game, if the place was going to go into meltdown today I'd be on that motorway now to join in, but its all hot air at the moment, so its quite simply not worth the effort.

We need fans to kick off, simple as that, be it on the pitch or hundreds protesting outside the main entrance after the game whatever, but we need fans to get angry and start to show some fight because at the moment we're going down without even a whimper.

Not being in attendance means I'm also full of hot air, but until we have anger on the terraces I'm not wasting my time.

There's room for asking hard hitting questions - and for action Gav.

We had momentum for a few weeks, but here we are at the Rotherham home game and absolutely nothing from WAR.

It's not good enough guys. Where is this war? Is it a war, or should it be called skirmish? Do you really have the heart for a battle?

The squad isnt good enough. Most of the players don't even belong to us.

That said; I doubt they have truly given everything.

A couple of mates still go, and they are unconvinced.

They need to show spirit and desire (and at worse kick a few people - as in the Mark Hughes days).

We don't even get that.

They need to grow some balls and fight for the cause. I've read no evidence of fight and desire on here all season.

The time to protest was when Allardyce was sacked and the classless @#/? installed. No wonder we are fragmented now 6 years on when we had zero unity or cohesion way back then as way too many celebrated supposed pretty little triangles and passing football under the lying drunkard. Not that we saw any of that of course, only a crap win against a struggling Liverpool under the soon to be sacked joker Hodgson and an away win at West Brom (who also sacked their manager afterwards) getting everyone little boy excited at the apparent new dawn. We have been played like fools and way too many happily went along with it right from the get go. More fool them, but it derailed any positive action instantly and we have subsequently suffered ever since.

Hard for me to take seriously the new wave of actions, planned protests, WAR effort, etc as the in-fighting prevelant back then still exists today amongst the larger egos. The word apathy has been used a lot on here lately, but strangely targeted at stay aways like me who confidently predicted our demise.

I think apathy describes the situation perfectly amongst our fan base six years ago, irrespective of a bit of anger displayed at the manager and owners in one or two games. We had the perfect fans for this type of external invasion, either too nice and pleasant to protest aggressively, or lacking the passion displayed by fans of other clubs, or simply accepting of events in the hope of imaginary better football under that stupid clown.

There's room for asking hard hitting questions - and for action Gav.

We had momentum for a few weeks, but here we are at the Rotherham home game and absolutely nothing from WAR.

It's not good enough guys. Where is this war? Is it a war, or should it be called skirmish? Do you really have the heart for a battle?

The FF asked some hard hitting questions in Pune

The High court of this land asked hard hitting questions over Berg

Philipl and the Rovers delegation asked some hard hitting questions of the FA and Premier league

Jack Straw has asked some hard hitting questions

Graham Jones asked some hard hitting questions in Parliament

How many more hard hitting questions do we need before people realize the time for talking is over, its just an excuse to do nothing in my opinion, the safe bet, frustrating.

Supporting the team and trying to ensure the club remains in the Championship to attract a new buyer is the best way I know of looking towards the future of the club.

Archived