BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hmrc

Iceman

I am meeting up with the person who I have gathered this information from, today. I will post later this afternoon around 4ish and let you all know what info I gather and if there is anything I can publish, I will.

Well done mate. I am all for anything that gives us a glimmer of hope to get rid of the cretins. And the icing on the cake might be seeing them and the other thieves being punished and degraded.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/football/350828/agents-shadowy-world-is-laid-bare-by-court/

Not quite a smoking gun but it doesn't take much imagination to see how unscrupulous owners and/or agents could make a couple of quid off the books here. Makes the bizarre transfer policy a lot more understandable, perhaps some players are more willing to take part than others?

Take it easy Paul and try a pint in the Fox next time you're at Ewood :brfc:

Well, as it was indicated Mark, this is just a rumour for now.

And even if its just a rumour, the fans should actually find a way to get HMRC to investigate. If that now means administration, so be it.

Btw, are Seneca not known to assist companies going into administration?

I am sure Senaca would be all over it if it was- but are we not getting ahead of ourselves here? That clown at Leeds has form for tax evasion and the authorities barely batted an eyelid -he somehow managed to own Leeds!!

lets say it was a really dodgy thing they had done and they got fined £1million. My guess is they would find it from somewhere ( The Hanley and Duffy money that has recently been squirrelled away for one ) in order to at least give themselves a chance of recovering their £100 million debt.

Horrible bar stewards but I doubt an unconfirmed HMRC enquiry is about to see them exit the Club.

Well I for one am sure they have committed corporate negligence and hope HMRC find something. HMRC only need to find one insignificant item to allow them to carry out a forensic investigation. You can't receive near £40 million in transfer money and not have records of allocation of funds.

Right, may not as be as in depth as some may have hoped for, however....

So, Venkys London Ltd are currently the subject of an investigation, from HMRC, let me just make it clear though, that as of yet, no charges have been brought forward (obvious I know, as we would probably all know about it by now, but just want to make that clear). This has been an ongoing investigation over a number of months, but in recent months this has stepped up.

Money laundering, evidence gathered, in terms of sets of monies being paid into 'individuals' and/or 'sub companies' accounts, therefore avoiding taxes, this is thought to be into the millions, transfers are a big part of this (explained below) and off shore accounts, of which payments arrive via club related business.

Further into the discussion a scenario was put to me, and in the past I have never really thought of it this way, but adding things up it made sense as to what I was hearing - it was said, why do I think so many transfers involving Blackburn in recent years have been 'undisclosed fees' and why there has been so much speculation but never a firm answer as to how much the club was receiving in terms of fees received. What was being put across was the idea that, this suits the company that runs the club, a bit of money paid into the club, taxes paid, and then a little bit disappears.................................... no one is ever the wiser, undisclosed fee.

It was said, there is a clear asset stripping process in place, it's been seen many times before, mainly not in football actually. This was something that may help me shed some light on the land selling situation and rumours - The company who owns the club have made enquiries into the selling of some but not all land. Everything seems to be about avoiding payment, not completely, but trying to pay as little as possible, including tax, the land situation was being looked into, and the mindset was - If the land could be sold for less than what was paid for it and less than the value after adding up any depreciation that was claimed, then nothing would have to be paid in terms of capital gains tax. Then it was said that "While this isn't exactly desirable, it can be a way of getting out of the expense of holding land for which you have no other use" (that would add up then, don't we think)?

Documents etc, nothing forth coming, YET, due to the investigation still ongoing. Let me tell you though, source is 100% reliable, I can't say why, but he/she is. There is more, but as of yet, I won't mention as without hard evidence, it would be hard to persuade people to the truthfulness, due to the bizarre nature.

So, Venkys London Ltd are currently the subject of an investigation, from HMRC, let me just make it clear though, that as of yet, no charges have been brought forward (obvious I know, as we would probably all know about it by now, but just want to make that clear). This has been an ongoing investigation over a number of months, but in recent months this has stepped up.

Money laundering, evidence gathered, in terms of sets of monies being paid into 'individuals' and/or 'sub companies' accounts, therefore avoiding taxes, this is thought to be into the millions, transfers are a big part of this (explained below) and off shore accounts, of which payments arrive via club related business.

Further into the discussion a scenario was put to me, and in the past I have never really thought of it this way, but adding things up it made sense as to what I was hearing - it was said, why do I think so many transfers involving Blackburn in recent years have been 'undisclosed fees' and why there has been so much speculation but never a firm answer as to how much the club was receiving in terms of fees received. What was being put across was the idea that, this suits the company that runs the club, a bit of money paid into the club, taxes paid, and then a little bit disappears.................................... no one is ever the wiser, undisclosed fee.

It was said, there is a clear asset stripping process in place, it's been seen many times before, mainly not in football actually. This was something that may help me shed some light on the land selling situation and rumours - The company who owns the club have made enquiries into the selling of some but not all land. Everything seems to be about avoiding payment, not completely, but trying to pay as little as possible, including tax, the land situation was being looked into, and the mindset was - If the land could be sold for less than what was paid for it and less than the value after adding up any depreciation that was claimed, then nothing would have to be paid in terms of capital gains tax. Then it was said that "While this isn't exactly desirable, it can be a way of getting out of the expense of holding land for which you have no other use" (that would add up then, don't we think)?

Documents etc, nothing forth coming, YET, due to the investigation still ongoing. Let me tell you though, source is 100% reliable, I can't say why, but he/she is. There is more, but as of yet, I won't mention as without hard evidence, it would be hard to persuade people to the truthfulness, due to the bizarre nature.

Somewhere in Barnet, Brunei and the FA HQ's mobiles are ringing each other and the mop being used to wipe up the sweat.

Granted this comes from reading 'the secret footballer', but... I thought all "undisclosed" meant was that the fee wasn't released to the public? The documents still have to be signed off by the league and the information has to match up - the league essentially just ensure that both clubs have agreed on everything. E.g. Both clubs independently agree on the transfer structure, to avoid any disagreements.

In TSF it's said that this is how clubs manage the fans and expectations of players - undisclosed allows for the selling club to give the impression they got more for their star player (appease fans) and the buying club the impression they paid less and therefore less expectation from fans.

If there is money being cut off the cake (so to speak) it would take either the leagues law team to miss that the documents don't match up (surely not) or both clubs to be in on it together (e.g. put the transfer value at 1m, but then send an additional 1m to ...).

Thanks for the update

Not sure it is strictly football transfer related if they are going after Venkys London Limited.

I recon its source of funds not stacking up with the disclosed "owners".

Wouldn't be surprised if there's been some repayments on the VLL to BRFC loan which have disappeared from VLL.

Also, got hold of a document which was interesting - venkys have a history of unpaid taxes, and wherever this happens, they move on....... There is quite a lot of similar, but got hold of this one, and its interesting who represents them. Can anybody tell me how to upload a pdf onto here?

Export as a jpg and upload at https://imgsafe.org

I vote the players run out to Lazy Sunday by the Kinks

They'd have a job, it was by the Small Faces. 'Lazy Sunday afternoon, I've got no mind to worry, close my eyes and drift away'

Sunny Afternoon was by the Kinks.

Pedantically yours.

The taxman's taken all my dough

SEM and Kentaro?

Ha, followed closely by:-

Save me, save me, save me from this squeeze.
I got a big fat mama trying to break me.

Archived