BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds Away In The Efl Cup

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have I got this wrong, or did we make our 2nd and 3rd (final) substitution on 62 minutes? With half an hour of the game left...a game which can go into extra time. And if we made two substitutions at once, they can't both have been forced? Am I missing something here, or is that just remarkably idiotic?

Have I got this wrong, or did we make our 2nd and 3rd (final) substitution on 62 minutes? With half an hour of the game left...a game which can go into extra time. And if we made two substitutions at once, they can't both have been forced? Am I missing something here, or is that just remarkably idiotic?

Or does he know more about tactics than you? He may not be doing well at it arm but I bet he knows a million times more than you.

Yes you got it wrong. OC knows we always concede late on hence no extra time and both subs are fine.

I'm surprised you didn't know!

Sounds like Leeds keeper made some good saves.

Never mind at least we're better than Rotherham.

Derby next, they're in shocking form atm, I seem to remember they were on a similar run last season, but managed to get

their first win for ages against us.

/End script

Bit disappointed we didn't put a stronger team out.

I remember seeing us win the league cup (long shot and different era admittedly) but as one of the best days of my life, I'm kinda gutted we didn't put a stronger team out and progress.

On a more realistic level I feel that not playing a stronger team has multiple drawbacks{

1) It gives the fans something to cheer about, and dare to dream about (uber long shot but you have to give us something.)

2) Winning is a habit - it'd be nice if we got the habit and got some momentum

3) A good cup run can boost the league side of things, that happened with the cup run when we won the LC

4) It gets the fans off the players/mangers back whereas losing undoes the good work of the last game

5) It knocks the teams already shattered confidence

6) It's pointless - I mean the debate is if our first 11 is good enough to survive this league, not sure what's to be gained from exploring what our reserves are like.

On the positive side, can't read too much into this defeat as the squad was very weak. So not necessarily a sign of things to continue.

Archived