BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Elton John Concert At Ewood

13 hours ago, Mum63 said:

According to telegraph over 15,000 people attending

Well that's wrong as there are only 14,500 seats!

I was at Ewood yesterday and was told that the concert was close to but not quite sold out. The stage was going up in the centre of the pitch facing the JW stand. They are using the JW stand, 2 blocks on each of the end stands and seats on the pitch.

51 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Well that's wrong as there are only 14,500 seats!

I was at Ewood yesterday and was told that the concert was close to but not quite sold out. The stage was going up in the centre of the pitch facing the JW stand. They are using the JW stand, 2 blocks on each of the end stands and seats on the pitch.

When I bought mine, seats were available for the full BBE and DE.

With three stands and seats on the pitch there must be a capacity of at least 30k.

There can't have been seats all over the BBE and DE Aggy - at least half of each stand would be behind or at right angles to the stage.

The 14,500 number was told to me by a reliable source at the club yesterday and I can't see why they would want to play down the number of seats. They also said they were only using the two blocks nearest the JW at either end.

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

There can't have been seats all over the BBE and DE Aggy - at least half of each stand would be behind or at right angles to the stage.

The 14,500 number was told to me by a reliable source at the club yesterday and I can't see why they would want to play down the number of seats. They also said they were only using the two blocks nearest the JW at either end.

I must be wrong then.

That'll be a first  :lol:

Sorry if this thread is now a little disjointed, but when the original poster removed some comments (probably for a good reason), it makes sense posts quoting those posts go too ..... and then the posts that are replies to them don't make sense ..... and the whole thing ends up a bit of a mess and I end up having to remove good content because all the context around it has been removed.

So, erm, yes, some people removed some posts and I tried to tidy up and made it worse. This of it as the forum equivalent of the Ecce Homo painting - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecce_Homo_(Martínez_and_Giménez,_Borja)

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

The figure of 15,000 was in the LET but it's hardly reliable as they also reported it as Friday. 

On 27/04/2017 at 21:55, Glenn said:

I've just hidden a few response to a couple of posts now hidden by the original poster. No problem with any of the replies, they just don't make sense now.

I hope nobody made any nasty comments about that 'Goodbye Axl Rose' song. :o

I went and was surprised how good he still is. Amazing pianist and strong voice. 

On another note, the security services were fantastic. It was an odd sight though, seeing a sniper on top of the Darwen End and sniffer dogs doing the rounds throughout the concert.

On 6/9/2017 at 13:59, only2garners said:

You were right.

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

I went and was surprised how good he still is. Amazing pianist and strong voice. 

On another note, the security services were fantastic. It was an odd sight though, seeing a sniper on top of the Darwen End and sniffer dogs doing the rounds throughout the concert.

I can only echo how good he was. If I'm honest I was surprised how good the night was, more of a festival feel to it.

Sniper and spotter on the BBE too.

• Like 1

Superbly organised. Having the perimeter outside the turnstiles and then letting people roam about helped give it a great atmosphere,

He wore a blue n white outfit, gave a shout out to the Rovers and then straight into 'That's why they call it the Blues'. Nice touch I thought.

Two hour plus set, thought it was a great night.

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Superbly organised. Having the perimeter outside the turnstiles and then letting people roam about helped give it a great atmosphere,

He wore a blue n white outfit, gave a shout out to the Rovers and then straight into 'That's why they call it the Blues'. Nice touch I thought.

Two hour plus set, thought it was a great night.

The whole night was brilliant. Good seeing the Fernhurst packed to the rafters. Agree about the external perimeter making it much more relaxed.

Some things don't change though. Walking out at the end Andrew Evans was hot-footing it out of the stadium!

• Like 1

Maybe, I am just destined to swim against the tide.

One if the people in my ..er..facebook bubble posted something about looking forward to the concert. The person is intelligent and lives 3 miles out of Blackburn.

My comment "Dirty money for Venky's LOL"

Reply "What?"

Reply " Really?"

Reply "What is Venky's?"

Our private Hell is so private, it is secret, off the radar...we are  stranded in a Beckett play...screaming in space..

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 3

Just now, Mattyblue said:

To be fair they mustn't be at all interested in football, most people I come across from both this area and further afield that even have a passing interest in sport know we have those 'Chicken farmers', Indians, 'Venky's' as owners.

Until this season of I'd been to a concert at the City Ground I'd have had no clue about Marinakis.

Football fans' problems tend to be very parochial. [Nods over at Vinjay]

• Like 1

I've seen Elton John four times now (bit of a soft spot away from my usual rock/metal stuff - mum's fault!) and this was my fave concert. I don't know if I am biased cos it was Ewood, but certainly a cool night all around. 

Was in the Blues beforehand watching England - managed to secure my usual pre-match table :) very different crowd tho, but in a way was nice to be there without the threat of impending doom of the game to come. Thought Rovers organised it really good.  

Edited by cn174