BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby Away 24.09.2016

We know the script, struggling teams / strikers all seem to come good when Rovers are the opposition.

Derby have too much talent to let their lean spell continue for too much longer.

I can only see a Derby win and if they score early on, we could be on the wrong side of a real thumping.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5-1 to Derby

Paolo Wanchope 84, 87, 90

Malcolm Christie 86, 90+2 (pen)

Christian Dailly 4

Forgot the post match interview. "If games finished after 83 minutes, we'd be in the top half".

Rovers 2-1 win.

My team would be

Steele Lowe Brown Hoban Williams Marshall Guthrie Evans Conway Gallagher Emnes

subs:- Raya Greer Lenihan Apkan Samuelsen Bennett Stokes

Why Greer on bench when he's played so well and what has brown done to walk into the team. And why Lowe at rb when you admit he's not good.

See if you said this is the team you think he'll play fair enough, but let's not pretend that's our best team as that defence clearly isn't.

Raya

Marshall Greer Hoban Williams

Samuelsen Lenihan Evans Conway

Emnes Gallagher

I'd fancy that team to get a point. With the team I predict coyle will put out I'll go for 2-0 Derby.

Predicted team:

Steele

Lowe Greer/Brown Hoban Williams

Conway Guthrie/Akpan Evans Marshall

Emnes Gallagher

Why Greer on bench when he's played so well and what has brown done to walk into the team. And why Lowe at rb when you admit he's not good.

See if you said this is the team you think he'll play fair enough, but let's not pretend that's our best team as that defence clearly isn't.

Greer is 35/36 years old and did pick up an injury last week.

Lowe there as I want Marshall further up the pitch so he can score goals like he did last week. Feeney wouldnt have done that. Should have signed a right back instead of Feeney who has been awful again

Raya

Marshall Greer Hoban Williams

Samuelsen Lenihan Evans Conway

Emnes Gallagher

I'd fancy that team to get a point. With the team I predict coyle will put out I'll go for 2-0 Derby.

Predicted team:

Steele

Lowe Greer/Brown Hoban Williams

Conway Guthrie/Akpan Evans Marshall

Emnes Gallagher

Really not sure how you can put Lenihan in midfield instead of Guthrie.

Lowe there as I want Marshall further up the pitch so he can score goals like he did last week. Feeney wouldnt have done that. Should have signed a right back instead of Feeney who has been awful again

It doesn't have to be Feeney playing there does it? He's the worst winger we've got.

Derby are pretty poor from what I've seen but I still can't see much for us. I reckon a routine 2-0 home win maybe 3-0 if they're up for it. My next 3 games are Derby this weekend, Bham next weekend then as I can't make Bristol game it's villa in early Nov. I'll be bloody sick of the midlands by then.

Whereas how old is Brown, and what's his fitness like? (Am I right in thinking even OC said Brown isn't fully fit yet.) Given Greer's been one of our better performers, if fit then he has to start. Also didn't Hoban have a knock too but he made it into the 11?

As for midfield, why not play the West Ham lad whose name escapes me - he's meant to be promising. Or switch 4-2-3-1 with better players, as Gallagher showed he can do a good job on the left wing. Put him on the left, Conway on the right and maybe Byrne in the hole? Point is it's not Lowe or bust, but I have a feeling - and I could be wrong - that given Coyle likes him you'll pop him in each time, even though he's one of the weakest members of the team.

Anyhow on to the game. Think it's a loss. With all their attacking talent - even if it hasn't clicked at all yet - Derby should have more than enough to beat us. 3-1 to Derby.

Really not sure how you can put Lenihan in midfield instead of Guthrie.

From hat I've seen of Guthrie (not a whole lot as he is always injured) he's lightweight and doesn't tend to put a foot in, whereas Lenihan will. Happy to be corrected. But if Lenihan regains his form from last season he'd be my first choice CM personally

Archived