BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Glen Mullan's Blogs

This unification of the fan groups has absolutely no chance of lasting. This site shows us this. Everything always ends up bickering about irrelevant things and we round on each other with more venom than those we should attack.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These type of comments annoy me, at what point have I said WW was present during the Jerome Anderson call? It's comments like this which turn a fact into total nonsense .

FYI the Anderson call was made public 18 months ago which I'm sure someone like Perth blue will validate as he has also heard the call

Apologies, i got my wires crossed with the texts comment, when WW was sat next to you. I got mixed up with the phonecall.

I wouldn't be able to bring myself to listen to JA anyway.

To Speedie Dived;

For a start it wasn't your argument, I directed my post to a specific post of JBizz. Please don't pretend you are trying to protect Glen or ensure that the media believe it all. It would go against all your previous posts on the whole issue of Venky ownership.

After the thousands of hours that guy has put in for the benefit of the rest of us its utterly embarrassing to see the likes of you and Bizz pretending you support him in his endeavours and hoping he can't validate his story.

JBizz trying to contact Wild to ask him to verify it? WTF?

What's your aim? To get Glen so Keaned off he thinks its not worth carrying on with it anymore? A great service to the club that would be eh? I say "the club" I don't mean the owners.

And what views are these i have?

This unification of the fan groups has absolutely no chance of lasting. This site shows us this. Everything always ends up bickering about irrelevant things and we round on each other with more venom than those we should attack.

Disagree. WAR is an umbrella, any Rovers fan can affiliate to it as they wish ( or even stand aloof and declare they can do more/better ). Irrelevant bickering makes the world go round, especially during interludes. As long as the venom is aimed effectively at the right targets when we go over the top...

The question though is 'why?'.

People only ever 'unite' when there is a shared common goal.

Right now, despite what some say, not enough people really want Venkys Out. In fact, plenty actually think we are better off with them, or at least don't care enough to show otherwise. So we don't have that common goal.

You have to wonder what Venkys have to do to turn temporary frustration into a 'point of no return' that won't be papered over after a run of good form.

I honestly believe we are now at the point where they could close the Riverside, and replace Jack's statue with the Siblings Grimm, and people would say "well, it's their club they can do what they like", shrug their shoulders and Get Behind The Lads. We have an illusion that this is stil our club, and various stages of realisation and denial, and ambivalence.

• Backroom

Disagree. WAR is an umbrella, any Rovers fan can affiliate to it as they wish ( or even stand aloof and declare they can do more/better ). Irrelevant bickering makes the world go round, especially during interludes. As long as the venom is aimed effectively at the right targets when we go over the top...

That's what it CLAIMS to be. But what it LOOKS like is the Rovers Trust jumping on the bandwagon of Glen's revealed documents and then ostracising Glen.

What was given to us as 'let's pool our resources' appears to have become 'give us your resources'.

The fact there has been no communication AT ALL since the Blakeley's meeting has caused a massive loss of momentum in the #VenkysOut campaign and suggests they had no intention of actually progressing the movement at all.

I only found out that 'protests are being organised by BRFCAG, India trip and MPs byou Rovers Trust' about 5 days ago. It is STILL not public knowledge after almost a month.

'Professional'? Ha!

The five stages of grief are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. A part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with the one (club) we lost. People seem to have become marooned in certain stages. The Trust for example are rooted in stage 3, and will never leave it.

It's hilarious. Once again the most pressing issue and the one that get's peoples backs up the most is commas and grammar. To hell with the recollections of the club being misused, the real outrage is how Glen (who I seem to recall pointed out his difficulties with spelling and grammar about 4 years ago) doesn't convey himself in print "like what we do"

I am also sure that his inbox is full to the brim with messages from the grammar purists who's content includes all the blogs copied and corrected for grammar and spelling?

That's what it CLAIMS to be. But what it LOOKS like is the Rovers Trust jumping on the bandwagon of Glen's revealed documents and then ostracising Glen.

What was given to us as 'let's pool our resources' appears to have become 'give us your resources'.

The fact there has been no communication AT ALL since the Blakeley's meeting has caused a massive loss of momentum in the #VenkysOut campaign and suggests they had no intention of actually progressing the movement at all.

I only found out that 'protests are being organised by BRFCAG, India trip and MPs byou Rovers Trust' about 5 days ago. It is STILL not public knowledge after almost a month.

'Professional'? Ha!

Don't know which is more embarrassing, WAR's silence or the slumdogs silence .

That is not my intention at all. I am asking valid questions and giving opinions on elements of the blog, as the info is highly interesting, staggering and if this gets to a wider audience it could get picked apart.

It does not need a wider audience to get picked apart there are plenty on here willing to do that!

This thread is embarrassing, 6 pages of nothingness, have you all nothing else to do?

If only 10% of what the blog says is true, its 10% more than most of the faceless majority on here have ever done or will ever do.

Now I've contributed to the nothingness, what am I doing, what have ever done, blah blah blah......

'Professional'? Ha!

Your cynicism is mirrored by my own.

I am beginning to form the opinion that WAR was the Trust's idea and formed to quell the momentum that had started to build following the release of the documents.

It's hilarious. Once again the most pressing issue and the one that get's peoples backs up the most is commas and grammar. To hell with the recollections of the club being misused, the real outrage is how Glen (who I seem to recall pointed out his difficulties with spelling and grammar about 4 years ago) doesn't convey himself in print "like what we do"

I am also sure that his inbox is full to the brim with messages from the grammar purists who's content includes all the blogs copied and corrected for grammar and spelling?

Oh boo hoo hoo.

Not one person has said "what a load of nonsense, completely ruined by the grammar." People have largely thanked Glen, but stated in might read better/ more professional with a bit of a proof read. The reasoning being that people would like it to be as credible as possible to external sources, as we would all love this to go national.

Yet once again, people on here are so touchy that even the tiniest bit of "constructive criticism" is treat as a personal attack. If Glen has no intentions of this story being picked up by papers/ newsites/ TV media then fine, it's his prerogative, he can continue as he is. However, if he would like the story to expand into these outlets, I, and obviously a few others thing it might be better if presented in a slightly better way.

The question though is 'why?'.

People only ever 'unite' when there is a shared common goal.

Right now, despite what some say, not enough people really want Venkys Out. In fact, plenty actually think we are better off with them, or at least don't care enough to show otherwise. So we don't have that common goal.

You have to wonder what Venkys have to do to turn temporary frustration into a 'point of no return' that won't be papered over after a run of good form.

I honestly believe we are now at the point where they could close the Riverside, and replace Jack's statue with the Siblings Grimm, and people would say "well, it's their club they can do what they like", shrug their shoulders and Get Behind The Lads. We have an illusion that this is stil our club, and various stages of realisation and denial, and ambivalence.

Siblings grimm...

Just brilliant!

Glen's blog posts are outrageous, incredible and fascinating. I am sure Glen wishes none of this was true and that he could spend his evenings with a cool beer in front of the TV. Unfortunately we've all lived through the dire 5 years of Venkys and it seems that Glen and co. have been through a lot. I'm pretty certain that these posts are just the tip of the iceberg too. I expect there's so many more secrets locked away that probably won't ever come out unless there's a serious investigation into the club and even then I'd expect people will be working together to keep these hidden.

Thanks for sharing what you've gone through, Glen.

I'm not the best when it comes to grammar and proof reading but I'm happy to help if required.

Couldn't give a toss about the grammar, only interested in the content. And some of the content is incredible, so incredible that people are naturally going to be suspicious or cynical. So, I would have thought it would be in everyone's interests to prove it as much as possible. For example, there's mention of Philipl presenting documentary evidence of a money trail to Scudamore - why isn't that in the public domain now then? There's talk of a recorded call from Anderson - why can't we all hear that then? I could go on with other examples.

We need to educate people in what has happened in the past. Most Rovers fans don't read this messageboard. They haven't a clue about Glen's blog - a large number won't even know who he is. Some fans are still sympathetic to Venky's, thinking they've been done over by nasty agents and are trying to do the right thing now. Some don't even know about the agents. We should be trying to educate these people, telling them all we know, with as much proof as possible, to ensure every Rovers fan knows the whole story. Only then will any mass protests succeed.

Obviously I'm using the royal "we". This education should be something the new WAR group should be doing imo. Start a fundraising effort to produce an alternative match programme or fanzine. Write the whole story down, include all the documentary evidence available, hand it out for free to every fan at every game from now until whenever. Get in online and provide links to it everywhere. Write press releases linking to the story and send them to every news outlet you can think of. Get as many people as possible aware of the story.

I don't know why it's taken this long to come out. I don't know why some of the documents weren't released earlier, or why other mentioned documents are still not public. The legal threat would seem to be non-existent given that Glen or this site (I assume) have not received any legal threats as yet. I don't know why WAR are not pursuing this education angle, or if they are why it's taking so long. I wonder if people are quite enjoying the limelight or the feeling that they know something others don't. That may seem overly-critical or harsh, but until the documents and recordings etc come out that are referred to then people are bound to think things like that.

Release everything, anonymously if necessary. Collate it together, spread the word. Educate the naive or non-believers. Only then will you have a chance of uniting the fanbase.

Obviously I'm using the royal "we". This education should be something the new WAR group should be doing imo. Start a fundraising effort to produce an alternative match programme or fanzine. Write the whole story down, include all the documentary evidence available, hand it out for free to every fan at every game from now until whenever. Get in online and provide links to it everywhere. Write press releases linking to the story and send them to every news outlet you can think of. Get as many people as possible aware of the story.

IMO educating the rest of the fans is the best way forward. Theres no point giving them grief for not boycotting / protesting or you just lose them to the cause forever.

I'd like to see 4000 holes back tbqh.

If anyone from WAR is reading, where are you up to with producing and handing out the leaflets / info that were underway? Are they ready to go for tonight's game? Will they be ready for Saturday? It's been 5 days since I got the reply to say you were working on it, shall I get back to finishing them off and getting them printed myself, or not? I also have a day job and don't want to waste my precious spare time arranging something that's already being done.

Reidy...is this a serious of rhetorical questions or do you like talking to yourself?

Nobody from WAR are listening.

Nobody from WAR are doing anything.

They are all at the game giving their money to the venkyscum instead of asking them to leave.

But clearly you already KNOW this 😉

But war ain't educating anyone unless I've missed they're telepathy lessons

If anyone from WAR is reading, where are you up to with producing and handing out the leaflets / info that were underway? Are they ready to go for tonight's game? Will they be ready for Saturday? It's been 5 days since I got the reply to say you were working on it, shall I get back to finishing them off and getting them printed myself, or not? I also have a day job and don't want to waste my precious spare time arranging something that's already being done.

I was up for leafleting tonight but nothing ...

Reidy...is this a serious of rhetorical questions or do you like talking to yourself?

Nobody from WAR are listening.

Nobody from WAR are doing anything.

They are all at the game giving their money to the venkyscum instead of asking them to leave.

But clearly you already KNOW this

I'd hoped they might take it up. I still hope they will. But as they say, it's the hope that kills you.

Archived