BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam

J*B

I've already said I've been a fan of his for some time. As far as Allardyce's sacking goes, what the FA are or are not is irrelevant. What you're saying is that because the FA are hypothetically corrupt, it's alright for Allardyce to act unprofessionally as well. Absolute nonsense.

If you think that the England manager should be telling a group of strangers how to circumvent the rules of the game, whilst potentially agreeing to bring in investors to said scheme, then OK. If you think it's OK for the England manager to tell a group of strangers that our team are mentally weak and his employers are ridiculous, then OK. But ultimately you cannot deny that Sam has dug his own grave and is an idiot for doing so.

England under Southgate is a stomach churning thought, but it has no bearing on whether there were grounds to remove Allardyce. I don't like that he's gone, but he has nobody but himself to blame.

The point is the goal, and you hit the cross bar. Allardyce has more than egg on his face DE, but the point is; Why aren't we asking WHY CAN PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH THIS?

The sweet FA will be ignored at the sake of people putting the boot in. If you can disagree with that, then tap the quote button and crack on.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen the footage, read the article (which is a desperate piece, the main things of interest not even included) so in the style and words of chandler Bing, could you BE any more patronising?

Man tells truth, loses job. Full stop. Was he a fool? Yes. Are the FA fit for purpose? No. Will this change anything there? No.

End of.

However an embittered Allardyce with no fear of comeback from the FA and a grievance / score to settle might suit Rovers nicely. come on Sam spill the beans on Venkys, Kentaro and the FA's cosy little arrangements!, you know you want to........

I've seen the footage, read the article (which is a desperate piece, the main things of interest not even included) so in the style and words of chandler Bing, could you BE any more patronising?

Man tells truth, loses job. Full stop. Was he a fool? Yes. Are the FA fit for purpose? No. Will this change anything there? No.

End of.

Listening and reading but not receiving, sound familiar jbizz?

He's gone now, right decision and no amount of bleating is going to change that.

Step forward Eddie Howe.

• Backroom

The point is the goal, and you hit the cross bar. Allardyce has more than egg on his face DE, but the point is; Why aren't we asking WHY CAN PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH THIS?

The sweet FA will be ignored at the sake of people putting the boot in. If you can disagree with that, then tap the quote button and crack on.

We've been saying this for a long time mate, and I don't disagree with you. My only point is that Allardyce's sacking is not simply "man speaks the truth, gets sacked". He was an idiot and sacked because he allowed himself to be duped by engaging in unscrupulous activities. In many ways Allardyce and the FA were probably good bedfellows, but he's evidently not as smart as the FA when it comes to being caught with the hand in the proverbial cookie jar.

So he's actually performing a sting operation of his own.....?

Come off it, you're making it sound like he's a white knight trying to bring about change by highlighting the rules for being so poor.

He's tried to make a quick buck, he got caught.

Whether anyone thinks it's right or wrong, it's cost him his job. The biggest job he's ever had.

Shame, I like him (as a manager) and I was looking forward to watching England under him.

It's more about the impact Davul. When I typed "man tells truth, loses job" I thought many would see that it's deeper than that - read up, I've rightly criticises the "crook" but the point stands - what will come of these findings? Sweet Fa

• Moderation Lead

As other posters have probably gathered, I am a fan of Allardyce. But make no mistake, he can have no complaints about losing his job here. He's dug his own grave, it's as simple as that.

Yes, the whole game is corrupt, but until someone is willing to stand up and be counted and do something about it, then it will carry on.

Dearly me though, Gareth Southgate. I hope he's somehow transformed into a good manager since the last time he was one....

This will be Allardyce's legacy. All those decades of talking himself up as the greatest thing since sliced bread, then he finally gets his chance in a high-profile job -- and promptly gets sacked for having a pathological inability to keep his mouth shut.

Priceless! :D

Nail on head.

:tu:

It's more about the impact Davul. When I typed "man tells truth, loses job" I thought many would see that it's deeper than that - read up, I've rightly criticises the "crook" but the point stands - what will come of these findings? Sweet Fa

I get that, and you're right, something needs to happen as a result and i also agree that it probably won't.

Your posts (or the one I replied to at least) just seem to paint Allardyce as the innocent party, which he clearly isn't.

As other posters have probably gathered, I am a fan of Allardyce. But make no mistake, he can have no complaints about losing his job here. He's dug his own grave, it's as simple as that.

You've changed you tune :rock:

No I haven't! I said that from the very beginning!!

You said if this was at Sunderland it would have been swept under the table?

No it wouldn't have been, what he did was a sackable offense, breaking the rules and talking about agents giving kick backs on player sales.

• Backroom

FA giving the excuse of his position being untenable and unrecoverable. Probably true. Would have been difficult for Allardyce to command respect from the team if they knew he was going around telling random businessmen with a bit of cash all of their flaws.

The question is, how much further will the Telegraph's sting go?

Maybe we should give this JHC chap a go?

We'd be better off with JFH at this point.

FA giving the excuse of his position being untenable and unrecoverable. Probably true. Would have been difficult for Allardyce to command respect from the team if they knew he was going around telling random businessmen with a bit of cash all of their flaws.

The question is, how much further will the Telegraph's sting go?

We'd be better off with JFH at this point.

They were set to name a PL manager tonight but i believe those pesky lawyers have put a block on it.

Instead I'm told it will focus around a transfer at Sunderland which didn't go through in January.

If we're going English again, we're going to get a crap manager. There's nobody left who's any good. Bruce? Pardew? Southgate? JHC. What a mess.

Yep all she-ite and we only ended up with Sam because options were almost exhausted. Mind you I gave up with England a long time ago.

He can't be defended. To think it's his dream job too.

Moronic.

We can't bleat on here about corruption within our club and try and explain or excuse this.

Southgate next 3 games. I'm yawning already.

The FA should be the brunt of our protest IMO. Money trail to Scudamore? Third party ownership? That's just two of the accusations, some with evidence I've seen much I haven't.

Who are Sams agent friends? Any links to our beloved brochall squatter?

The FA should be the brunt of our protest IMO. Money trail to Scudamore? Third party ownership? That's just two of the accusations, some with evidence I've seen much I haven't.

Who are Sams agent friends? Any links to our beloved brochall squatter?

Out of interest are you at the game tonight?

Archived