BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Wolves - The Game Itself Thread.

tomphil

On to the actual game and I had a feeling we'd win this regardless of anything else. Maybe a good time to play Wolves as they are in transition and maybe aren't in form to capitalise on our situation at the min like one or two other half decent teams might.

Also one thing seems noticeable of late and that is Coyle getting the team to start strong instead of the sit off and wait we've been accustomed to. With that in mind I think we might get something in what's set to be an eventful day.

Rovers 2 Wolves 1

10,470 official (8/900 Wolves)

(6500 actual home fans - when everyone is in :) )

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel that this is a crucial game for us. Defeat tomorrow and surely the manager will have no place to go but the exit door. At the moment injuries, individual errors and some bad luck are pointing in one direction - relegation. We badly need three points from this one if we are to keep in touch with those above us. With Wolves having sacked their manager it is a difficult one to predict but I hope we can nick it by the odd goal.

Talk about rubbing salt in the wounds if Allardyce or Lambert pitched up in the oppo dugout tomorrow !

I think all 3 (even though Pearson didn't do well at Derby) would be good appointments.

We'll just sit here on our relegation sofa and watch Wolves move up, up and away from us.

Match abandoned after 69 mins due to fog - this catches everyone by surprise in the far east and nobody makes any money.

Magic Mike and Silvester the cat may have hired a fog machine to quell the resistance and keep it from madams eyes. That's why they built that new gantry in't riverside really, smog blowers !

I feel that this is a crucial game for us. Defeat tomorrow and surely the manager will have no place to go but the exit door. At the moment injuries, individual errors and some bad luck are pointing in one direction - relegation. We badly need three points from this one if we are to keep in touch with those above us. With Wolves having sacked their manager it is a difficult one to predict but I hope we can nick it by the odd goal.

Again. That would be the case at a normal football club - and another illustration of why we aren't one!

I am going for a Wolves' win.

We have seen it so often in the past when a club sacks its manager, appoints an internal 'caretaker' and then go on to reel off some positive results in the next few games.

By all accounts, Edwards has made a big impression this week and supposedly, Wolves are flying in training.

I think the demonstration will affect the atmosphere and players tomorrow and sadly will give Coyle a ready made excuse should we lose.

So, that's no Williams and no Hoban! Just as we seemed to have a good settled back four.

What back four can we pick? Nyambe, Lenihan, Wharton, Doyle. That would be sink or swim time and, maybe, we might just have found something better.

Oh! Forgot! Coyle has no boll**ks. OK! Lowe, Lenihan, Greer, Hendrie. Just to play safe.

Still gonna lose.

I've got it on good authority from a mate who knows Wharton that he's playing for the u23's because if he makes another appearance for the first team it triggers a weekly pay rise.

I'd expect to see Greer and Lenihan until January when we'll inevitably sell Marshall/Evans/someone and can then afford to increase Wharton's wage and stick him in the first team and maybe bring another CB in on loan assuming Brown doesn't miraculously get and stay fit in between...although with Pasha here Owen might beg for an extra couple of thousand a week to be able to sort Wharton's contract out ASAP and hear back in a few weeks and get it done then we can start getting him in the shop window for a couple of season's time ready to make another profit on him.

Whatever result,looks like have to do it without Hoben,Ambulance took him away from Brockhall done his shoulder.

This is very bad news.

Presumably, it's a dislocation which is very difficult to manage, especially in contact sports. More often than not, surgery is the only way forward. A South African consultant based at Wrightington and who practices privately in Manchester is just about the best you can get in northern England for shoulder injuries.

Archived