BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa V Rovers

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa will click into gear sooner or later and although they are in a bit of a mess when you look at the players they have then I think all they've needed is the right guy managing them. That guy has arrived and he'll sense this game as very winnable.

Best thing for us is get in front at some point or at least keep it level as long as poss as the crowd down there turn on their players pretty quick these days. Still just can't see us getting anything from any of the up coming away fixtures.

Villa 3 Rovers 1 (750 loyal away travellers)

When all is said and done Villa have won 3 of their last 16 games. However they have also only lost 3 league games all this season and are unbeaten at Villa Park.

There's only so far reputations will go. There's no doubt whatsoever that the Telegraph propaganda machine will be eating out of Coyle's hands before and after the match about what a brilliant team Villa are, what a lot of money they have spent, what a fantastic team they have, etc. etc. It was only yesterday that the Telegraph began their pre-match coverage describing Villa as a 'giant' of a club, thereby laying the foundations for the hard luck, poor little Rovers sob stories that will follow in the event of a defeat. In my opinion its very disrespectful and patronising for a local paper to go around labelling rivals as 'giants' especially when they'll floating around in the bottom half of the Championship and can't get close to our record of success over the last 20 years.

Amazing that Villa's massive size, brilliant squad and vast resources couldn't get them to beat juggernauts like Wolves, Brentford or Forest at home this season. So excuses like that have already been proven to be irrelevant.

Yes, it will probably be a tougher game now than it would have been a month ago before they appointed Bruce. But we should be confident of going and getting a result and if we do so it won't be the result of the century against a side plenty of teams have taken points off this season.

If we're going to survive we're going to have to take results off these sort of teams that occupy mid-table positions.

When all is said and done Villa have won 3 of their last 16 games. However they have also only lost 3 league games all this season and are unbeaten at Villa Park.

There's only so far reputations will go. There's no doubt whatsoever that the Telegraph propaganda machine will be eating out of Coyle's hands before and after the match about what a brilliant team Villa are, what a lot of money they have spent, what a fantastic team they have, etc. etc. It was only yesterday that the Telegraph began their pre-match coverage describing Villa as a 'giant' of a club, thereby laying the foundations for the hard luck, poor little Rovers sob stories that will follow in the event of a defeat. In my opinion its very disrespectful and patronising for a local paper to go around labelling rivals as 'giants' especially when they'll floating around in the bottom half of the Championship and can't get close to our record of success over the last 20 years.

Amazing that Villa's massive size, brilliant squad and vast resources couldn't get them to beat juggernauts like Wolves, Brentford or Forest at home this season. So excuses like that have already been proven to be irrelevant.

Yes, it will probably be a tougher game now than it would have been a month ago before they appointed Bruce. But we should be confident of going and getting a result and if we do so it won't be the result of the century against a side plenty of teams have taken points off this season.

If we're going to survive we're going to have to take results off these sort of teams that occupy mid-table positions.

Giants crowd wise but being located in Englands 2nd city you'd expect that but club for club I'm sure Rovers more than stack up to Villa over the last 30 years. We didn't bother about them much when they were a bit of a yo yo club late 80's getting about 14k at Villa Park. Typical Telerag rubbish as they follow the propaganda route in Rovers regression back to a Barnsley style outfit.

If there ever was a home banker, this is it.

3-1 Villa

Not quite - we have Newcastle away in a couple of week's time. I fear that will be the day when we finally take a royal hiding.

Still, I can see Villa coming out on top. As Tyrone says, our fitness levels and lack of organisation will be our downfall once again.

I went to the game against Wolves and can honestly say I never watched more than 10 minutes of the entire game.

I keep kidding myself that I still care, sometimes I do, often I don't, Villa away, I couldn't care less, not even sure why I posted in the thread.

All that matters is getting rid of the tossers at the top.

For most in this div this will be one of the most attractive away games of the season with large followings and at least a chance of a scalp.

Us ? Just making up the numbers rolling into town presenting another club that needs a win with their best chance of the season and less than a thousand diehards just having a day out.

COYB

Cluuck off you V's

I can see us going to toe with them and the officials apologising to us after the match. Let's face it we are only in the bottom 3 for now and will soon start to climb to our rightful spot.

In the real world, if we are given a two goal start, we might get a draw.

Moments v Villa....Tony Field, Andy Kennedy, Steve Archibald, Graham Le Saux,,David Dunn seem so long ago.

Today I feel nothing ...

I guess you call that damage.

I remember us really battering them 5-0 on a really snowy-icy Ewood Park in the mid sixties. We played like a well oiled dream machine and Villa spent 90 minutes chasing shadows. Gordon Lee played left back for them that day and had a nightmare against Fergie. Byrom 3, McEvoy 2, or the other way round.

Archived