BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

Which is why I've said previously that Seneca (or whoever) need to show their hand. Fans need to know that there is an alternative to Venkys and a positive force for change that they can get on board with.

I'm not sure there 'is a hand' any more, sadly. :((

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Seneca bid has long gone, the two Ian's are Rovers fans but first and foremost they are business people whose business relies on return on investment for their clients. The levels of debt we are carrying coupled with the total lack of liquid assets isn't what you'd call a good investment. It's just throwing good money after bad and at the end of the day it's not the two Ian's money to be throwing around. The Seneca ship has long since sailed in my opinion. I think we are at a point whe the only realistic way the Venky's go is admin as they will not write of the debt to make it saleable.

I think the Seneca bid has long gone, the two Ian's are Rovers fans but first and foremost they are business people whose business relies on return on investment for their clients. The levels of debt we are carrying coupled with the total lack of liquid assets isn't what you'd call a good investment. It's just throwing good money after bad and at the end of the day it's not the two Ian's money to be throwing around. The Seneca ship has long since sailed in my opinion. I think we are at a point whe the only realistic way the Venky's go is admin as they will not write of the debt to make it saleable.

Their's was a fantastic offer, not only financial but also managerial and strategically. Too good to pass up and certainly not one that would hang around for long. Best dismiss it as never having had it eh b0llock brains?

Their's was a fantastic offer, not only financial but also managerial and strategically. Too good to pass up and certainly not one that would hang around for long. Best dismiss it as never having had it eh b0llock brains?

What are you on about you crank, I've not said anything negative about the bid. I've said I think that ship has sailed as it's got to be a sound business case and where we are now is distinctly different to when the bid was public you gigantic flute. Unbunch your knickers soft lad.

What are you on about you crank, I've not said anything negative about the bid. I've said I think that ship has sailed as it's got to be a sound business case and where we are now is distinctly different to when the bid was public you gigantic flute. Unbunch your knickers soft lad.

I read Darren's post three times and decided it was aimed at Venkys...!

Apologies, the ultimate comment wasn't aimed at you but those in Pune. I understand how you thought different.

Your comments however made me smile.

If Coyle is going to be sacked it will be in the next week.

With the transfer window coming up not having a manager will be a great excuse not to sign any players. 'The club has more important things to worry about', 'we can't possibly make transfer decisions without ensuring we have the best possible man in charge', 'the owners are 100% committed to the club and see the appointment of a quality manager as first priority'

A new manager will then be appointed on February the third or something. Sammy Lee is out of work and has a generally terrible record (but 'knows the club'), he might fit the profile. Or whoever our third choice youth coach is at the moment.

Interesting thoughts Asprover. Personally I think Coyle will hang on, make excuses for the lack of transfer activity, the crap results and still be here around March at least. As others have said, he has a bit of Kean about him, and though he may never rim the Raos as much as he did, or hire Kung Fu Panda he will do enough to keep the job. I think he may go in the summer if at all, but in a similar way to how you describe it.

If Coyle is going to be sacked it will be in the next week.

With the transfer window coming up not having a manager will be a great excuse not to sign any players. 'The club has more important things to worry about', 'we can't possibly make transfer decisions without ensuring we have the best possible man in charge', 'the owners are 100% committed to the club and see the appointment of a quality manager as first priority'

A new manager will then be appointed on February the third or something. Sammy Lee is out of work and has a generally terrible record (but 'knows the club'), he might fit the profile. Or whoever our third choice youth coach is at the moment.

Great shout. "How can we sign players until the new manager is in place?" and the poor results and slide to relegation can be blamed on factors beyond the club's control.

A proper club would have sounded out a replacement already.

How does Sammy Lee 'know the club' though?

The whole situation is immensely grim whatever angle you are looking at it...it just feels we are looking on as helpless spectators as this horror show unfolds.

The fact is the hated Raos hold all the Aces,they have the club and its future direction by the neck.Why they will not invest and try to return this club back to the Prem and past glories is quite frankly beyond explanation knowing full well the financial riches that await.

Darker,deeper secrets to be exposed and goings on maybe?

Gav,it may well be the case that they will not sell the club whatever league we may find ourselves in,the only people set to suffer here are the fans.

We have,and continue to be totally ignored as a fan base,they choose not to bother with us Dalits...some way to treat your customer base eh.

Six years on and we all wonder what the Hell have we done to deserve this!

The fans are already suffering SG, thousands of us not going. Whist we have no guarantees they'll go if we fall further down the leagues, I think we've more chance of seeing them off in league 1/league 2 than we have in the championship.

The fans are already suffering SG, thousands of us not going. Whist we have no guarantees they'll go if we fall further down the leagues, I think we've more chance of seeing them off in league 1/league 2 than we have in the championship.

Impossible to say Gav. We thought relegation from the PL would give them reason to pack it in, - but it didn't. All that did was make them draw their claws in even further. Seems like all their interested in is taking out from the club until it's bled totally dry. Which league we're in when that happens doesn't seem to matter, otherwise Coyle would have gone by now.

I'm afraid, until this scenario is played out, there's nothing in this club for the fans. I feel sorry for those still clinging on, in the hope of things turning around any time soon.

I think you are probably right , the players in League 1 or 2 will be more or less worthless !

Theres still a little value in 1 or 2 of them ...

Also the lower we go , the less people will notice and be bothered...

maybe its just me?

why are people discussing Coyle being sacked?

He was taken to India to meet Balaji who promptly hired him as the outstanding candidate to do a particular job, only those present at that meeting know. Clearly not football reasons.

without doubt he was already accutely aware of recent history when interviewed.

he knew from day 1 that he gets no money to spend so any suggestion of it is pure filthy lies.

surely he has a brief of relegation and a pending bonus on success way in excess of the combined salaries of every poster on here.

and some wonder why... not a feckin penny more til the venkyscum have gone.

Wonder what would happen if he lost the next three games.

Barnsley away

Huddersfield away

Newcastle away (it'll feel like it)

No real shame in losing to Newcastle but we've got to be targeting wins in the next two to have any hope of recovering points dropped. Draws are not enough unfortunately despite how decent they may seem in isolation.

Wonder what would happen if he lost the next three games.

Barnsley away

Huddersfield away

Newcastle away (it'll feel like it)

No real shame in losing to Newcastle but we've got to be targeting wins in the next two to have any hope of recovering points dropped. Draws are not enough unfortunately despite how decent they may seem in isolation.

Stuart

nothing will happen.

People are STILL posting on Fb about how they can't understand calls for Coyle to go "when Venkys are the problem".

Yet ask what we can do about Venkys and it's all blank looks and scratching heads. NOTHING!

So if I've got this right, we have to 'carry on regardless' when it comes to Venkys but then put up with a crap manager as well.

:wacko:

• Backroom

People are STILL posting on Fb about how they can't understand calls for Coyle to go "when Venkys are the problem".

Yet ask what we can do about Venkys and it's all blank looks and scratching heads. NOTHING!

So if I've got this right, we have to 'carry on regardless' when it comes to Venkys but then put up with a crap manager as well.

:wacko:

Pretty sure I heard a bloke behind me talking about it being a proud loss on Tuesday night - no reasoning with some folk

Pretty sure I heard a bloke behind me talking about it being a proud loss on Tuesday night - no reasoning with some folk

Dunno about that. Watching that shower on Tuesday felt more like a loss of pride!

Archived