BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would prefer jackett than rowett. 

Yes I think it would be counter productive to get a new manager in now just before a huge game against Rotherham. 

Just say we win that game and the following game. Would you still want Coyle sacked? 

Are u on a wind up? Everything you say stinks of venky plant, make some sensible posts or bog off

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Amarillo said:

That says more about your opinions than it does about us.

Saying that I am a dingle or a venkys plant Instead of constructing a coherent counter argument against my opinions says more about me? Interesting.. 

Just now, roverandout said:

Are u on a wind up? Everything you say stinks of venky plant, make some sensible posts or bog off

Put your tinfoil hat back on like a good boy. 

I don't think you're a plant, I'm just glad you're not charged with making any footballing decisions on behalf of Blackburn Rovers.

You seem to want to keep Coyle after presiding over one of our worst league performances in recent history, which considering you wanted to sack him pre-christmas is baffling as our results since haven't improved and we show no signs whatsoever of having turned a corner.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Saying that I am a dingle or a venkys plant Instead of constructing a coherent counter argument against my opinions says more about me? Interesting.. 

If several people suspect you of being a plant or a troll, then your posts are clearly giving off some red flags. Ask yourself why that is.

You can call the place "negative" or "paranoid" if you want. At least the majority of posters here are under no illusion as to the reality of our situation. 

We all know the real problem is the owners, whoever they are allied with, and the FA for allowing chancers to run our club with impunity. There is very little we can do about that; it's unlikely to change any time soon. However, what can be changed is the manager. He is responsible for training the players, for putting them on the field with tactics that make it more likely than not that we will put up a decent fight to stay in this league. Therefore we need to change him asap, because Coyle is not training our players to play to the best of their ability. He is not creating a team that is greater than the sum of its parts. Most other managers we have suggested have the ability to set teams up to defend properly if nothing else. 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Just say we win that game and the following game. Would you still want Coyle sacked? 

I've never understood that attitude towards managers - basing decisions on suitability on a handful of results.

Either you're the right manager for the club or not. An individual game can be won or lost on a lucky rebound or a bad decision. That's not how you judge the quality of the man in charge.

Just now, bellamy11 said:

I've never understood that attitude towards managers - basing decisions on suitability on a handful of results.

Either you're the right manager for the club or not. An individual game can be won or lost on a lucky rebound or a bad decision. That's not how you judge the quality of the man in charge.

This absurdity was discussed at length on the Guardian Football podcast in relation to Gareth Southgate around the time of the Scotland game, his appointment allegedly hinged on beating Scotland. So if they played brillaint for 90 minutes but Scotland won from a freak goal going in of someone backside does that then render Southgate unsuitable for the job?

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

"Play the ball not the man" Shouting plant and dingle isn't going to encourage people to post here.

I for one couldn't care less as I am a huge rovers fan and the usual place I post is down. So I'd say I will probably stay posting here. Regardless of been told to "bog off" :D 

Depends who tells you to bog off surely?

i actually believe you are a Rovers fan but also think you are being a little mischievous and trying to wind folk up 

Just now, Tom said:

Depends who tells you to bog off surely?

i actually believe you are a Rovers fan but also think you are being a little mischievous and trying to wind folk up 

I am not trying to wind anyone up. I just have a different opinion to some people on here on certain issues. However, some posters have simplified what I have said into "I love Owen Cole forever and think he should be given a fat new contract. I also work for Venkys and am a dingle" When the reality is that my points were far more nuanced than that. 

I haven't posted here before so wasn't aware of the culture. I can see that it's massive group think ,where no one can probe even a little bit on why we should expect the clubs fortunes to turn around if we sack our current manager and appoint a manger with some moderate success under his belt.

• Backroom

I haven't posted here before so wasn't aware of the culture. I can see that it's massive group think ,where no one can probe even a little bit 

Stick around, if you think everyone agrees on this messageboard you're as far off the mark as a Jason Roberts piledriver. 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I haven't posted here before so wasn't aware of the culture. I can see that it's massive group think ,where no one can probe even a little bit on why we should expect the clubs fortunes to turn around if we sack our current manager and appoint a manger with some moderate success under his belt.

Group think or not, I don't think anyone would shed a tear if the greasy Coyoil was potted, because at this point it looks like the real damage has been done, and those who have orchestrated it know that there is little or nothing that can be done to recover the position.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Who said things were fine and dandy? I said I didn't want Coyle here to start with and that he should have been sacked before Christmas. My point is that I don't think appointing any of the names put forward will greatly increase our chances of staying up. For some reason, some of you, are taking that as me being "a dingle" and a "Venkys employee" 

I would say the official board, even with its lack of members, is a far more open forum. With far less paranoid people. Since being here a day, I have been accused of being a Venkys employee 3 times and a dingle once,a. All I am hearing is "SACK COYLE NOW AND REPLACE HIM WITH WHOEVER IS AVAILABLE AND WILL TAKE THE JOB!!!" That to me sounds like burying your heads in the sand about what the real problem at the club is.

1 game, 2 games, 128 games would make no difference: Coyle has proved himself an abject failure over the past 7 or 8 years and never should have been appointed in the first place.

I'll be at Rotherham on Saturday and would love to fervently get behind Rovers as I've done for the past 50 years but my heart's not truly in it, Coyle is part of the ongoing problem, I'll give you that.

I'm intrigued as to why there appears to be so many new posters on here all of a sudden, perhaps that's also part of the ongoing problem who knows.

Oh to get behind everything Rovers again, I live in faint hope!

RTID!

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I am not trying to wind anyone up. I just have a different opinion to some people on here on certain issues. However, some posters have simplified what I have said into "I love Owen Cole forever and think he should be given a fat new contract. I also work for Venkys and am a dingle" When the reality is that my points were far more nuanced than that. 

I think you make your points very well even if I don't agree with you on each points.

You are correct that Coyle shouldn't have been appointed But I disagree with you that Coyle shouldn't be sack even now.

For Rowett would come in and set Rovers up much better defensively and keeping clean sheets. He took over at Birmingham when in the bottom 2 and left them 7th in the league with 2 years and on very limited budget. For me, A good manager on a budget. Maybe he is a younger Neil Warnock type.

If Coyle is sack and if Senior pick the next manager/head coach I fully expect an overseas head coach to be appoint

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Who said things were fine and dandy? I said I didn't want Coyle here to start with and that he should have been sacked before Christmas. My point is that I don't think appointing any of the names put forward will greatly increase our chances of staying up. For some reason, some of you, are taking that as me being "a dingle" and a "Venkys employee" 

I would say the official board, even with its lack of members, is a far more open forum. With far less paranoid people. Since being here a day, I have been accused of being a Venkys employee 3 times and a dingle once,a. All I am hearing is "SACK COYLE NOW AND REPLACE HIM WITH WHOEVER IS AVAILABLE AND WILL TAKE THE JOB!!!" That to me sounds like burying your heads in the sand about what the real problem at the club is.

That's not what you're hearing at all. Myself and others have offered considered reasons why we think Coyle should be sacked and replaced by someone like Rowett. You are ignoring those posts so the highlighted bit above is nonsense.

I'm an optimist if anything as I am holding out hope that we have turned a corner :) Having said all of that,if we lose Saturday Coyles position will be very difficult to defend. Rotherham are dreadful. Practically down. It really has a feeling of a must win game. How many of them have we had in the last 6 years... 

I'm an optimist if anything as I am holding out hope that we have turned a corner :) Having said all of that,if we lose Saturday Coyles position will be very difficult to defend. Rotherham are dreadful. Practically down. It really has a feeling of a must win game. How many of them have we had in the last 6 years... 

Yeah and how many have we won ?

49 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

"Turned a corner"!!!

Dingle alert!

Archived