BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brentford Saturday 19Th November

Paul

Someone has to start a thread! It's six years to the day that Venky's arrived. I'm not sure what to say about this.

Both teams have identical form over the last six games - one win, two draws and three defeats - and similar scoring records with Rovers scored 4 while conceding 6 with Brentford 3 and 7.

We need a win but I'm expecting a draw.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything less than a win, assuming we don't win at Newcastle, and it could be curtains already. By the time December comes round we'll be well adrift of 'the pack' of teams just above us and probably adrift of 4th bottom.

With a manager incapable of instilling organisation and an unfit group of players turning around a 5 point+ deficit will be nigh on impossible.

This will be the one win every 4 or 5 weeks game I think mainly because they just aren't very good but we'll have to score 2 or 3 to do it because we'll concede after 70 mins as usual when the puff runs out after all this hard training they've been doing in the break :blink:

Daft subs and all the usual predictable stuff but a late winner by Gallagher should be enough.

Rovers 2 Brentford 1

We need a win

My team would be

Steele Lowe Greer Lenihan Mulgrew Marshall Evans Guthrie Conway Graham Gallagher

Marshall Wilkinson Samuelsen Mulgrew Emnes

Wilkinson and Emnes have a chance of being fit and should play. Marshall plays better at full back and Lowe needs dropping. Graham has been poor this season.

Wilkinson and Emnes have a chance of being fit and should play. Marshall plays better at full back and Lowe needs dropping. Graham has been poor this season.

Who is Wilkinson? Do you mean Williams?

I would start Graham instead of Emnes. Think we need to press from the front more.

I want Marshall on the wing and further up than full back.

But fully respect your opinion Al

I would start Graham instead of Emnes. Think we need to press from the front more.

What evidence is even there to suggest that these are tactically astute decisions? Graham has been beyond poor this year and having Marshall on the wing isn't exactly working either.

Marshall's game at RB earned him MOM. Marshall further up has earned him nothing but criticism.

You baffle me.

What evidence is even there to suggest that these are tactically astute decisions? Graham has been beyond poor this year and having Marshall on the wing isn't exactly working either.

Marshall's game at RB earned him MOM. Marshall further up has earned him nothing but criticism.

You baffle me.

How is Graham meant to get in form unless he plays. Emnes has been injured so bring him back in from the bench. Graham is much better at closing down from the front than Emnes.

I prefer Marshall starting on the right wing. He can roam away from the wing. He can have more shots. We should have signed a right back instead of signing Feeney

He has played on the right wing 14 games out of 16 games this season in the league.

Chaddy questioning typos haha you couldn't make it up

Yes I mean Williams. You are entitled to your opinion but I can't agree with it. Emnes is a far better player than the unfit Graham and Marshall is not working on the wing.

How is Graham meant to get in form unless he plays. Emnes has been injured so bring him back in from the bench. Graham is much better at closing down from the front than Emnes.

I prefer Marshall starting on the right wing. He can roam away from the wing. He can have more shots. We should have signed a right back instead of signing Feeney

He has played on the right wing 14 games out of 16 games this season in the league.

Marshall roaming is part of the problem, it leaves a gaping hole in front of Lowe, thus we get hammered down the right flank week in week out as Lowe (who isn't the best defender) gets it put on him constantly. The obvious answer is to switch to a 3-5-2 IMO

Archived