BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle Away 26/10

Well well well, sounded more like Geordies had an off day than anything special from us

Come off it USA

Sound's like Benitez put out a team more than good enough to beat Rovers!

Rovers deserved the win because they took the game to them and the magnificent defence absorbed any pressure.

Full credit to every player and the management team for an excellent result.

Oh and the fans who never stopped singing

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lesson for Benitez. You can't assume anything in this league, it's relentless and anyone can beat anyone on any given day.

It is just like that day we beat Manure with Kean as manager and I feel exactly the same. Rejoicing despite all that's gone on.

However I have no confidence at all that we are embarking on a sequence of wins, the sober reality is that we are hanging on to Championship status and, should we stay up, will face this challenge under Venkys with a newly cobbled team of kids, veteran loanees and freebies at the start of EVERY season. One season, maybe this, we will fail.

This is a desperately poor outcome from where we were and I hope the will to get Venkys Out never diminishes whatever the results.

A superb performance and an excellent and thoroughly deserved result. Manager got his tactics spot on and the players gave everything they had. One of those great days to be a Rover.

Agreed with you.

Players were awesome..

Enjoying the nightlife around Newcastle now. Been speaking some Newcastle fans in the pubs who said we deserved to win today.

Lesson for Benitez. You can't assume anything in this league, it's relentless and anyone can beat anyone on any given day.

It is just like that day we beat Manure with Kean as manager and I feel exactly the same. Rejoicing despite all that's gone on.

However I have no confidence at all that we are embarking on a sequence of wins, the sober reality is that we are hanging on to Championship status and, should we stay up, will face this challenge under Venkys with a newly cobbled team of kids, veteran loanees and freebies at the start of EVERY season. One season, maybe this, we will fail.

This is a desperately poor outcome from where we were and I hope the will to get Venkys Out never diminishes whatever the results.

They don't call him the tinkerman for nothing :)

Still though when you've got the depth and quality they have a few changes shouldn't matter in this div. My barcode pals going mad about his use of Markus Gayle. For all their so called super support they can't take losing and SJP turns quicker than a bike wheel after the first bad pass or two.

First loss in ages and you'd think the wheels had fallen off for good !

They don't call him the tinkerman for nothing :)

Still though when you've got the depth and quality they have a few changes should matter in this div. My barcode pals going mad about his use of Markus Gayle. For all their so called super support they can't take losing and SJP turns quicker than a bike wheel after the first bad pass or two.

First loss in ages and you'd think the wheels had fallen off for good !

They might have!

:D

They might have!

:D

I wonder how long that 50k would last after 4 or 5 seasons in this div ? B)

Well done Coyley and the boys.

A Rovers' win makes a Saturday night a bit more special.

Yet another week savouring the fine reds of the world! Oh ye of little faith.

Stuck clocks and all that ........ :tu:

I think we deserved the win. They had a couple of chances but really I can't remember ever thinking they were going to score. Spoke to quite a few Geordies after the game and they were mainly agreeing with that. Weird that Benitez would make 6 changes to a team that's won 9 in a row, always said he's a crap manager. Credit to Coyle though for this result.

Great result and well done to all the players, coaches and the fans who all put on such a good show.

Just watched the goal on a highlights show. It was biased showing lots of Toon attempts but just the one from Rovers. A bit like the BBC.

OH and a thankyou to Rafa for f'ing up big time. Pompous git.

Come off it USA

Sound's like Benitez put out a team more than good enough to beat Rovers!

Rovers deserved the win because they took the game to them and the magnificent defence absorbed any pressure.

Full credit to every player and the management team for an excellent result.

Oh and the fans who never stopped singing

I only listened so I will have to go with your view since you watched. I did say sounded like.

Went up with my 12yo on the train, give him the proper away day experience, usually we drive and get on the game, he's been to loads but I thought now is the time. From the off we knew we would win. Rovers fans in Manchester, Leeds, York, Durham getting on the train. Got into town, went for a few beers, Botanist, Weatherspoons, etc Rovers in good numbers & voice, everything was looking good.

Walking up to the ground, you just knew, the Rovers fans had a swagger/confidence, but once we got on the concourse, blimey, it was a throwback to the good old days, my lad hadn't witnessed anything like it, he was overawed but proper proud.

The game itself, I thought we had the better for the most parts, they had chances but we had the midfield. It was inevitable a goal would come maybe two.

The Rovers fans deserve so much praise, constant support, 3 or 4 songs sometimes starting. almost always being chivalrous. Obviously one or two lads having a 'great time' but nothing really serious just probably generational differences. We haven't got the nastiness of some fans, just a party feel.

On the way back, nothing but praise for the team & the support, the mags were gracious. The train station echoed to Rovers.

It may be a turning point for me, I'm on a home boycott, gone to a few aways, but I have to say they won't break my spirit now and I'll get the half season ticket for the family. Sod the Venkys, this is our club, the history, the fans, the memories, we'll be here to lynch them, we'll be here when they go.

Went up with my 12yo on the train, give him the proper away day experience, usually we drive and get on the game, he's been to loads but I thought now is the time. From the off we knew we would win. Rovers fans in Manchester, Leeds, York, Durham getting on the train. Got into town, went for a few beers, Botanist, Weatherspoons, etc Rovers in good numbers & voice, everything was looking good.

Walking up to the ground, you just knew, the Rovers fans had a swagger/confidence, but once we got on the concourse, blimey, it was a throwback to the good old days, my lad hadn't witnessed anything like it, he was overawed but proper proud.

The game itself, I thought we had the better for the most parts, they had chances but we had the midfield. It was inevitable a goal would come maybe two.

The Rovers fans deserve so much praise, constant support, 3 or 4 songs sometimes starting. almost always being chivalrous. Obviously one or two lads having a 'great time' but nothing really serious just probably generational differences. We haven't got the nastiness of some fans, just a party feel.

On the way back, nothing but praise for the team & the support, the mags were gracious. The train station echoed to Rovers.

It may be a turning point for me, I'm on a home boycott, gone to a few aways, but I have to say they won't break my spirit now and I'll get the half season ticket for the family. Sod the Venkys, this is our club, the history, the fans, the memories, we'll be here to lynch them, we'll be here when they go.

Hopefully PNE away will match that. The recent spirit of the fans again has made me want to go back you just can't beat days like that it's what the rest of the seasons slog is all about.

that was me ten years ago jumpin,took my lad all over even to europe ie celtic,he still goes now when he aint playing himself,i wonder if i was 21 would i still bother going now,well when i was 21 the day was as important as the match meet your mates get in the tranny van travel the country,can even remenber going to cambridge when we went the wrong ground,did it matter then what went on in the boardroom,not a jot to me.these days are different but as long as we have young fans the club will survive,coyb

Wow. Got back at teatime from Newcastle after a cracking weekend. My daughters are living up there and I thought I'd go up and see them and I'd have a great weekend but that the match would be a nightmare.

Nothing could have been further from the truth. The first thing that struck me was the size of our away support. I thought there'd be about 200 of us rattling about in the way end but the away end seemed almost sold out, the concourses were packed and the atmosphere was jumping. The fans were brilliant throughout and deserved that result.

On the pitch the team were excellent on the day and fully deserved the win against a desperately disappointing Newcastle. We weren't perfect of course but the application, organisation and dogged resistance we showed far outweighed anything I've seen in our home performances this season.

At the end of the game having had to withstand some late pressure during six minutes of injury time I felt proud to be a Rover once again and the times it has been possible to feel like that during Venky's tenure have been few and far between.

Well done to the fans, Owen Cople and players for a memorable day.

Brilliant post, especially the last 4 lines. My sentiments entirely and the game and whole match day experience did restore my faith in the "beautiful game" somewhat. If we can go to the runaway League leaders and turn them over, why can't we have a relatively decent season?

Archived