BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle Away 26/10

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First away match of the season.

Hope you've got that king-sized scarlet bed sheet with appropriate virtue signalling ( and advice for the FA and football leeches) in ornate Gothic script ready to drape from that top tier!?!

Reckon we'll make the Crown Posada as well as the Strawberry prematch, unless the Student Union and cheap ale prevails! Funny if we bumped into any of those old school Sheffield Mags (if they're still alive!).

Whey aye!

We're due an absolute hiding from somebody and I think it'll be Newcastle this weekend.

If he's going to insist on playing Lowe I thought he did alright in the middle at the weekend so i'd rather him there than at right back. I'd like to see one of Gallagher or Graham up front on their own and another lad in the middle as well.

I can see Coyley and his boys rising to the occasion to record a shock victory against the Geordies. And I'll be celebrating another nice little earner with a fine glass of Cabernet by the end of the night.

There you go, Mercer. Saved you the bother.

Only 300 tickets left out of the 1600 allocation so a good effort considering the low expectations these days. Cannot for the life of me see anything but a hiding up there with Coyle having every excuse in the book and some even he hasn't come out with yet.

It's a banker so i expect it'll be weighed on heavy by the syndicate.

Toon 4 Rovers 1

I can see Coyley and his boys rising to the occasion to record a shock victory against the Geordies. And I'll be celebrating another nice little earner with a fine glass of Cabernet by the end of the night.

There you go, Mercer. Saved you the bother.

But when he loses it won't matter because he'll have cleaned up on the nags the day before :rover:

11 of us going up to visit the old alma mater Friday-Sunday but even though 8 are rovers fans only 3 are mad enough to actually go to the game. The rest of us will watch the cricket/rugby in the bars sampling the delights of the town.

Will be first Newcastle away game not been to since 1999. Much to our Geordie mates ire we won about 8 on the spin there from then over the following decade including a few dubious last min winners. But absolutely no interest in spending £27 to watch venky fc in a 4-0+ drubbing with one of the worst views in football.

Considering it's only a 50,000 seater stadium I don't know how the view is so terrible from that top tier. One year I thought Gary speed had scored turned out it was Olivier Bernard. Slight difference in appearance. Even today my optician still reckons I have "2020 vision" sod those letter wall chart things get people to st James park that'll test the men from the boys.

Everything points to a hammering for Rovers but this is football.

Think we might just get a surprising draw which Coyley will live off until after Christmas.

No money to be made on this one so wallet is closed this week.

Hard to see a result in this one, although I don't buy into the pro-Newcastle campaign that is currently doing the rounds in the media. Any club that spends £50 million on players and has a Champions League winning manager in the dugout ought to be getting promoted from this league.

I'm getting slightly frustrated with the david vs goliath FA cup giantkilling previews that are doing the rounds on Rovers website and the Telegraph. Yes we all know they have more fans than us and have a better team than us these days. But we've played Newcastle many a time over the last 25 years and had the better of them many a time. We're not going to Barcelona on Saturday. Whilst a result would be unexpected and most welcome, it is ignorant and disrespectful of our history to start building this up into some big day out for Blackburn Rovers at Newcastle.

We're going to have to pick up some draws and wins from games where we aren't expected to. So far we can probably say we got a couple of unexpected points away at Derby but other than that our results have all come from the games we ought to have expected to get results from.

My prediction is an uneventful first half, with the game at 0-0 up until the hour mark, and then we'll tire and run out of ideas whilst Newcastle make changes to win the game and they'll run out comfortable winners. I'd love to be wrong because despite last weekend's win we're still up to our necks in it. One of the few reliefs is that the teams just above us all appear to have tricky games. Cardiff head to Villa and Wolves play Wednesday, so hopefully even in defeat we might not be any further away from the pack.

I'd be inclined to go with 1 up front, Graham, leaving Gallagher on the bench for the first half or hour, and then possibly play Bennett just behind him. Just something to try and make us harder to break down and give us a better chance of a much needed clean sheet. 1 clean sheet in 20 games really is pitiful and has to be rectified, although I just can't see it under this manager.

'They've got a big support behind them you know' - All the old excuses getting lined up even Garner was at it in the rag this week.

We usually only take a thousand up there and they always have 40/50k in but how many times have we got a result ?? I seem to remember winning about 4 on the bounce and also remaining unbeaten at the North East grounds for a good few years.

Fans my arse concentrate on their players clown pants !

Everything points to a hammering for Rovers but this is football.

Think we might just get a surprising draw which Coyley will live off until after Christmas.

No money to be made on this one so wallet is closed this week.

Clowney could lose every game between now and Christmas but he won't get potted until he's done more of their dirty work in the next transfer window !

It seems a story can't be written about Newcastle without the obligatory reference to their support. Of course if their support was in any shape or form relevant to their performance they would finish in the top half of the Premier League every season along with Leeds and Derby but they don't and they're in the Championship for a reason. Just like their large attendances haven't delivered them success for the last 50 years so our relatively small attendances shouldn't be used as an excuse for continued failure at Rovers.

Still, its another cushion for Coyle and co. in the event we get comprehensively beat as we can cry about our meagre resources and how we can't compete with such clubs and aren't really worthy even to be on the same pitch as them and how it is a great learning curve for our loaned young players to come up against such a great side.

Its all part of the re-writing history process that is taking place where we're supposed to forget about the days when we were better than sides like Newcastle until these people got involved with our club and set about doing whatever it is they're doing. If you tell people often enough that we can't even compete at Championship level eventually some will believe it and it makes the transition to League One obscurity just a bit easier.

Clowney could lose every game between now and Christmas but he won't get potted until he's done more of their dirty work in the next transfer window !

Only way he will get potted if he refuses to travel over and bring Mrs D's pussy back for its inoculations , mind you think that will be android accountants job. might include details of it in his next stunning powerpoint presentation

Archived