BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield At Home

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw someone I know coming out of the ground and he made the very valid point that that was like 3 points we were so poor.

Not quite as bad second half but not far off. Like watching a different set of players to the ones who beat Newcastle.

On an individual note I think it's impossible to fully appreciate how bad Feeney is unless you see him up close in the flesh. We had two excellent two on one opportunities on the break in the second half today where all Feeney had to do was play the simplest of balls inside and we would have been clean through on goal.

The first pass he completely underhit causing our player to stop dead in his tracks and lose momentum. The second time he hit the defender when if he'd placed it anywhere else we were through. He also ducked out of numerous challenges.

On the plus side I thought only Lenihan was vaguely on his game and he rightly got the MOTM award.

Bottom line, worst possible day at the office but could be a crucial point if we're scrabbling about for 50 points at the end of the season.

Bit of a mention for Lenihan he's got a good thing with Mulgrew at the minute. Would not change this duo.

Lenihan played well. Wouldn't say Mulgrew looks comfortable playing CB at all.

Nyambe and Williams were both very shaky although credit to Nyambe for the clearing header he made doing which he injured himself.

However the problem is still the midfield. Aimless hoofs forward. No control. All 4 of them were poor and seemed to hide from the ball. Not only can Lowe not accurately pass the ball,he doesn't know what he should be doing with it either. Feeney seriously bottled the breakaway.

The two centre halves lost a lot of headers in the comical first 25 minutes but did eventually seem to sort that out and certainly showed plenty of commitment to put their body on the line. I felt Emnes , Graham and Gallagher all had goals in them against that defence but we just couldn't work the ball to them enough.

Another dodge pot ref who seemed to fabricate strange decision against both sides at times.

Let's be grateful for a very unlikely point.

Possession 33-67

shots 9-29

shots on 2-8

corners 2-13

Remember this was Huddersfield Town NOT Chelsea, Man City or Liverpool. We were totally outplayed and outclassed, especially in the first half.

Special mention for the defenders in the second half, though. They certainly got a good few blocks in.

A very important point...but how we have been dumbed down!

An enjoyable performance-from Huddersfield. :-) Thoroughly enjoyed Mooy’s control of the midfield and some lovely 2 touch stuff with those around him. They all looked comfortable on the ball. Two simple examples. First, 99% of their throw -ins were not the tedious ball down the line to a forward with hit and miss outcome for possession. Second, their patient play from the back usually resulted in a neat ball to a front man/man in the hole who retained possession –not a desperate hit and hope hoof to a forward (Gallagher) who rarely win a header (but does work hard in the channels in an old-fashioned kind of way.) Good job they are not ruthless in front of goal because this game would have been over within 20 minutes. Another thing that was blindingly obvious was their pace and power to drive forward from the midfield. We have –er Lowe and Evans.

Mulgrew is class but obviously not his position and has no pace. Lenihan’s best position but he must start strong from the off. Steele has no idea how to command his box.

And for all that, we got a draw. Funny old game, football.

I was given a ticket. There is no way I would pay to watch sh!te like that. Rovers were woeful and robbed a point of a decent Huddersfield team.

Graham and Gallagher were very poor, Conway and Evans should have been put out to pasture and Mulgrew was all out of sorts by being out of position. Thank goodness for Steele who was my MOTM.

I could not believe how far we have fallen since last season, and that was a low level to start from.

Coyle disappeared for 25 minutes after their goal and was not to be seen on the touch line. They should have won by 5, 6 or 7 clear goals.

I will not be going back for some time and only then it will have to be a freebie, I cannot bring myself to spend my hard earned money on that joke of a team.

We absolutely mugged a point out of them. They were miles better than us but in the last few minutes we could have won it if Feeney was not such a prop and could make a simple pass. Why he gets in the team defeats me.

Steele has no command of his area whatsoever. Huddersfield had multiple corners and I don't remember him catching one.

I was given a ticket. There is no way I would pay to watch sh!te like that. Rovers were woeful and robbed a point of a decent Huddersfield team.

Graham and Gallagher were very poor, Conway and Evans should have been put out to pasture and Mulgrew was all out of sorts by being out of position. Thank goodness for Steele who was my MOTM.

I could not believe how far we have fallen since last season, and that was a low level to start from.

Coyle disappeared for 25 minutes after their goal and was not to be seen on the touch line. They should have won by 5, 6 or 7 clear goals.

I will not be going back for some time and only then it will have to be a freebie, I cannot bring myself to spend my hard earned money on that joke of a team.

Yet (most of) the same players played really creditably up at Newcastle PB. They can do it.

Yet (most of) the same players played really creditably up at Newcastle PB. They can do it.

They played to occasion, clearly.

For me, it comes down to poor management. None of their players were better than ours (on paper) they were just fitter, quicker and better organised.

The mental attitude of the players is all wrong - and that must be down to the manager.

He had them up for it at Newcastle last week but given a team in poor for on our own midden and we were woeful.

We'll play really well soon and lose soon to make up for today's stolen point.

• Backroom

Didn't go and sounds like a drastically poor performance so it has to be said that it's a decent point, we remain above The bottom 3 - just about.

How Huddersfield didn't win the game is a mystery. We were totally outplayed for most of the match and were taught a footballing lesson.

Still, look on the bright side. Last 3 games won 2 drawn 1 lost 0. In the second half Lenihan and Mulgrew were outstanding.

And that's about all.

Somebody suggested we sign Aaron Mooy on loan in the summer, off today's performance that was a good suggestion.

That was me donner, had big wraps on him. Still do. Also suggested Tom Rogic who is at Celtic but there's no chance we'll get him now either as his is tearing it up there for them

So Lucky to get a point today, the only positive thing to come out of today other than the point was that we did not fold. Earlier in the season it would have a certainty that we would have conceded late on. Has Feeney had a serious injury in the past, he avoided a couple of challenges in the second half that he should have gone for. We could have nicked it at the end but we wouldn't have deserved it.

Almost feels like a win such is the relief that we haven't lost the game and have managed to keep the points ticking over for at least another week. I expected a case of 'after the lord mayor's show' today after the Newcastle game but I was surprised by just how far off it we were. Ridiculous that our lads had had more than 48 hours additional rest/preparation time than Huddersfield had.

The first 30 minutes and the majority of the second half we were completely and utterly outplayed, outpassed, out run, out thought and Huddersfield could feasibly have had 4 or 5 goals to their name. If I was a Huddersfield fan I would be having a sleepless night tonight wondering how 2 points slipped by today.

Still, it has happened to us numerous times this season when we haven't got what we deserved. Fair enough we haven't been dominant to the extent Huddersfield were today, but we went to places like Bristol City, Villa and Birmingham and got nothing in return when we probably should have had at least 3 points from them so that's how it goes.

If we can pick up points despite playing poorly and being battered by the opposition then we'll drag ourselves to safety. We need to go to PNE with confidence and look to get at least a point against a bottom half side that have hit the buffers in recent weeks.

Poor performance but an important point nonetheless. Earlier this season that is a game we would have lost. As JHRover said, there have been numerous times this season when we haven't got what we deserved so it makes a change to come out on the right side for a change. Lenihan was outstanding and surely should now be our first choice in the centre of defence rather then messing him about in midfield. Last week I though Coyle got things right but today I thought he ought to have done more to change things with his subs. Graham was clearly struggling with an injury and ought to have been replaced much earlier than he was and both Evans and Lowe were poor in the centre of midfield and something needed to be changed but wasn't. Nonetheless, the most important thing is that we picked up a point while playing poorly - which is never a bad habit to acquire.

we were very poor and never got going as a team and its looks like a different team that played so well at Newcastle last week. Huddersfield were outstanding and deserved to win but never had that quality striker to put the ball in the net. we didn't deserved a point today but sometimes in football you don't always get what you deserve. we would have lost this game 3 months sooner.

Lenihan was awesome today and think he has made centre back his position. has all the attritubes to be very good centre half in the first half. Thought Williams were so poor and Mulgrew was ok. Nyambe did so good things but some poor things. will only develop by playing and needs encouragement and needs to keep improve his game. just hope he doesnt think he has made it now and develop a clever cocky attitude.

thought all 4 midfielders were poor and would have like to see Guthrie come on Graham looks injured after 55/60 mins but he keep chasing the ball down and working hard. could have scored a second goal in the second half. would have liked to see Emnes on sooner

The players seem to have a really good team spirit and togetherness about them

Possession Home 33% Away 67%

Shots Home 9 Away 29

Shots on Target Home 2 Away 8

Corners Home 2 Corners away 13

Don't know why people are down, we absolutely paggered them

:lol:

Sounds suspiciously like Coyle did his utmost to throw the game.

Paying to watch JLOWE in a blue and white jersey should be an offence along with Feeney.

They played to occasion, clearly.

For me, it comes down to poor management. None of their players were better than ours (on paper) they were just fitter, quicker and better organised.

Quite right. To extrapolate from that one game that this is the standard we expect the team to play to is ridiculous.

All teams play "above themselves" from time to time.

well you aren't are you? so why keep moaning about it when you don't!!!

Where does he say he is paying? He's simply offering an opinion. Classic Chaddy, kick off then throw a Paddy when Jal replies.

well you aren't are you? so why keep moaning about it when you don't!!!

It maybe the wrong way about it chaddy but it's aim is to raise standards on the park highlighting nonconformers thus will ultimately help to improve the results.

Lowe out !

Feeney out !

Raya out !

In our day if somebody is bossing the game he quickly becomes nullified and simply not allowed to do whatever without earning the right to play.

Archived