BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Brighton

tomphil

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very tough game against an in-form team. Nevertheless one that we will need a result from to keep the points ticking over after Saturday's disappointment. Had we taken something from PNE then even a defeat to Brighton wouldn't have been a disaster, now we need at least a point.

Not really that much point discussing the team selection because other than Mulgrew out injured for Greer I don't expect there's any intention of changing personnel. Mainly because there isn't really the option to other than bringing Emnes in but the question is whether Emnes is capable of putting a performance in for more than 30 minutes in a game. We know central midfield won't get touched unless there's injuries in there and he seems to have settled on Feeney and Conway out wide.

Very tough game against an in-form team. Nevertheless one that we will need a result from to keep the points ticking over after Saturday's disappointment. Had we taken something from PNE then even a defeat to Brighton wouldn't have been a disaster, now we need at least a point.

Not really that much point discussing the team selection because other than Mulgrew out injured for Greer I don't expect there's any intention of changing personnel. Mainly because there isn't really the option to other than bringing Emnes in but the question is whether Emnes is capable of putting a performance in for more than 30 minutes in a game. We know central midfield won't get touched unless there's injuries in there and he seems to have settled on Feeney and Conway out wide.

Not sure he will play Feeney? After that awful cross field ball he tried to play last Saturday, giving possention away in the centre of the pitch, he was substituted in fairly sharp shrift. Even Coyle realised that you don't attempt that sort of pass, even on a park pitch on a Sunday morning playing with a hangover!

Not sure he will play Feeney? After that awful cross field ball he tried to play last Saturday, giving possention away in the centre of the pitch, he was substituted in fairly sharp shrift. Even Coyle realised that you don't attempt that sort of pass, even on a park pitch on a Sunday morning playing with a hangover!

Please don't give Coyle so much credit. I fully expect Feeney and Lowe to retain their shirts once again. I can't see us getting anything here; we've been playing worse than our results suggest of late and I can see someone firmly rolling us over sooner or later. I reckon tomorrow will be the night.

Rovers 0 Brighton 3

I can see someone dishing out a real hiding to us, in the not too distant future. With this game tomorrow, Reading and Newcastle being the next 3 at home and also having Huddersfield away, in the not too distant future, it will be one of those I am certain of that.

I could see from the start on Saturday, that Preston had our defensive frailties worked out and that's largely why we were one down early on. I also think Steele is being targeted as a keeper who is glued to his line and again thought Preston exploited this on Saturday. I hope I am wrong, but I see a defeat by at least a two goal margin tomorrow and fear the same again on Saturday.

My team would be

Steele Marshall Greer Lenihan Williams Bennett Evans Guthrie Gallagher Emnes Graham.

Subs:- Raya Wharton Lowe Conway Stokes Byrne Mahoney

Gallagher on the wing? When has he ever shown any ability that indicates he could be a winger.

Lowe and Feeney wont be dropped, Lowe especially.

Rovers to prove that anyone can beat anyone in this league.......and lose 3-1

Going to feel sick watching Duffy be dominant and score a header

Without his 2 OGs against Cardiff - assuming we'd one 1-0 we would be 18th in the table. 6 points above Cardiff and 5 points above relegation.

That would feel a little healthier than our current position.

Without his 2 OGs against Cardiff - assuming we'd one 1-0 we would be 18th in the table. 6 points above Cardiff and 5 points above relegation.

That would feel a little healthier than our current position.

It would but with all due respect, "if my auntie had balls, she would be my uncle?

I'm pretty confident about us scoring with Duffy playing. He might even bag a couple.

They don't concede many so I wouldn't bank on it.

Greer nowhere near the side and Duffy riding high at the top of the league, I know who got the better deal TS but it's all irrelevant.

1-1

Chronic lack of defensive cover and Wharton plays tonight for the development squad. Surely, surely the local reporter should be asking what the hell is going on??

Absolutely !

The new guy at the rag has been asked this on twitter and about Stokes. He replied they were on the list of his questions. He probably submits them then only asks the ones that get ticked off by Coyle :blink:

Bennett cm? Mental.

Don't speak sensible.

Steele

Ward Greer Mulgrew

Marshall Evans Lenihan Gutherie Williams

Graham Gallagher

3-5-2 / 5-3-2.

Lenihan the heart of the team. The best player in the entire squad for me.

Bennett cm? Mental.

Moan and moan to a point it gets boring.

Bennett played in diamond midfield last season. Didnt see you moan then.

I wouldnt have played Marshall at right back if we had a more experience proper right back. Thats why we should have sign Jack Hunt when we had the chance. Bowyer vetoed the deal when he got Baptiste.

Marshall is very weak against tricky players and doesnt stop crosses coming in either

Archived