BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Brighton

tomphil

I was going to post after the game the other night but didn't get chance so I assume most of the points I was going to make will already have been covered but here goes anyway.

Someone made the point that the propaganda machine was in full swing after the game and that Radio Rovers were trying to make it sound a bit like a plucky odd goal in five defeat to the runaway second place team etc and I noticed that as well. The focus was very much on two goal Sam Gallagher and on how all was not lost as in general we were still always supposedly a threat to the opposition going forward and still scoring goals etc etc.

Well no one should be in the least bit fooled by either the 2-3 scoreline or the fact Greer got himself sent off. The single goal defeat flattered us in the extreme and the difference between the two sides was like chalk and cheese even though Brighton were nothing special whatsoever, just well motivated, well organised, and sharp on the break when the opportunity prevented itself.

The thing that struck me the most was how similar our performance was to those under the latter stages of Bowyer's tenure. When we got the ball our first thought seemed not to be to drive forward and try to make something happen but to turn our backs to the opposition goal and go back, sideways, sideways, back, forward sideways back sideways and ten to fifteen passes later end up either exactly where we started off or with the ball back at Steele's feet having started off on halfway.

In my view the players have never properly shaken off the holiday camp attitude which appeared to be prevalent under Bowyer. Having put in an excellent performance at Newcastle and captured all three points they appear to have been of the view that their work for the next few weeks was done and followed that with two atrocious performances in the next two home games and a similarly poor first half against Preston. The players seem to be starting to tire of whatever it is Coyle is telling them and he seems to be at a loss as to how to motivate them properly week in week out.

Individually, the worst player on the pitch by some distance was Evans. I would describe him as average at best in general but the other night he didn't put a stroke in. I wonder if he thinks he's found another Club for January? Marshall needs driving anywhere to anyone who's stupid enough to give us a fee for him, Conway looks finished on recent performances and Lowe isn't anywhere near good enough. Can't see much hope of us surviving unless we can somehow revamp the midfield in January and add a bit of drive and creativity in the middle and pace on the flanks. It's also essential imo we keep hold of Emnes and Gallagher or improve on that and we badly need a right back and a decent centre half as well.

As we all predicted beforehand Coyle isn't turning out to be the answer either and needs replacing. Maybe a combination of all the above would just about see us to safety.

bring back lambert

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never mind bringing back anyone. Just get Rowett.

Sorry John but changing the manager won't change anything.

The owners need to go, until that day comes we'll continue in this downward spiral, simple as that.

Very much the Dann phenomena, treat the club and fans with contempt and only turn it on when you know your being seriously scouted or it's a big game. Go on the lash when you feel like it, miss games when you feel like then got your move after just being plonked at Rovers by your agents to earn a wage whilst marking time. Go and bust a gut week in week out for your new team.

File these 2 with Orr as being the biggest trio of @#/? ever to play for Rovers and that's saying something !

The similarities don't stop there either :huh:

Some of the papers have reported Duffy and his dad being the target of abuse on social media after the game on Tuesday, with one bright spark tweeting his dad:

I hope your son dies, little c***.

Wasn't you tomphil was it 😉

But on a serious note what are these thick faceless cowards thinking to tweet something like that to the lads dad?

Disgusting.

Probably right Gav. I just feel a quality manager would get more out of what we have. Greater expectations come from more respected and successful managers.

Good managers bring results. Despite all of the Raos calamities, criminal mismanagement and cost cutting - if they'd hired proper managers from day one, we'd likely not be in this mess.

No point "cutting ones nose off" to spite the owners until they leave, there's literally no guarantee that they'll ever sell.

Coyle needs to go - manager who can organise a defence is required, specifically one who can make a solid back line from a left back and a load of midfielders.

Some of the papers have reported Duffy and his dad being the target of abuse on social media after the game on Tuesday, with one bright spark tweeting his dad:

I hope your son dies, little c***.

Wasn't you tomphil was it

But on a serious note what are these thick faceless cowards thinking to tweet something like that to the lads dad?

Disgusting.

Social media always goes over the top but if you poke angry dogs with sticks repeatedly you'll get your face bitten off. Duffy & his dad guilty of the former and plenty so called Rovers fans certainly guilty of the latter.

Not me though as for those reasons i follow no players and never will it's just too easy to let emotions run away.

Good managers bring results. Despite all of the Raos calamities, criminal mismanagement and cost cutting - if they'd hired proper managers from day one, we'd likely not be in this mess.

No point "cutting ones nose off" to spite the owners until they leave, there's literally no guarantee that they'll ever sell.

Coyle needs to go - manager who can organise a defence is required, specifically one who can make a solid back line from a left back and a load of midfielders.

Don't forget the tea lady, she is cheaper than Scott Wharton, so may be on the bench on Saturday.

The owners need to go, until that day comes we'll continue in this downward spiral, simple as that.

That's the one thing we can't crack.

In the meantime, do we just accept whatever crap is thrown at us because 'it doesn't really matter'?

Should Coyle continue to be rewarded for failure? Relegation? Improved contract?

Seems to me our options are:

1) Accept whatever they do and 'get behind the lads'

2) Try to block out any context, go to the games and go home - usually miserable

3) Don't accept BS and continue to let 'the club' know that we aren't happy (irrespective of Venkys)

4) Don't accept Venkys at all and keep the pressure on them to sell by making their life uncomfortable. Somehow.

5) Walk

Also seems to me that our previous 25k fanbase is split as follows:

1) 1000

2) 6000

3) 500

4) 18

5) 17482

Group 5 is just getting bigger.

Archived