BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Messageboards

There are broadly 4 types of fan that I know:

1) Will support the team no matter what. Use arguments like people will lose their jobs at Ewood if you don't go. Hate BRAG and all off-shoots with a passion. See Venky's as annoying, but they'll move on eventually and I'll still be here etc.

2) Dislike Venky's but think that they are at least paying the bills, and that's better than risking the club's very existence if they walked tomorrow.

3) Hate Venky's, losing all faith with the ownership and the club in general, smell the whiff of corruption but can't prove it, but still go partly out of blind loyalty but mainly to get pi55ed with mates. (This includes me!)

4) Given up - either out of apathy or as a protest.

I think there are less 1s and 2s than there used to be, but some will never change no matter what happens.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are broadly 4 types of fan that I know:

1) Will support the team no matter what. Use arguments like people will lose their jobs at Ewood if you don't go. Hate BRAG and all off-shoots with a passion. See Venky's as annoying, but they'll move on eventually and I'll still be here etc.

2) Dislike Venky's but think that they are at least paying the bills, and that's better than risking the club's very existence if they walked tomorrow.

3) Hate Venky's, losing all faith with the ownership and the club in general, smell the whiff of corruption but can't prove it, but still go partly out of blind loyalty but mainly to get pi55ed with mates. (This includes me!)

4) Given up - either out of apathy or as a protest.

I think there are less 1s and 2s than there used to be, but some will never change no matter what happens.

5) Those that think they were 'naive' and 'badly advised' but are 'trying to put things right'. 'They put millions in', 'fans just need to get behind them'

And there's far more 5s knocking around the area than those that live afar could possibly comprehend.

Doesn't really matter what gets spouted by a minority on twitter or the propaganda from within on the LT boards the real opinion is clear and evident on matchdays in what is now regularly a fifth full ground in real terms :blink:

The majority however silent have spoken..

From one of the dodo's on Roverstalc:

"Seriously worried about the state of our beloved club now, we cant let this slide continue. Wish the fans would turn up and get behind the lads in numbers. Preston and Burnley were behind us for years but their fans kept getting behind their clubs and look at them now.....suddenly bigger than us and growing stronger all the time. Burnley could well stay up and Preston are aiming high judging by the terrific signings they have made. Come on rovers fans, lets get behind our lads in numbers and show that lot down the road that we're still bigger than them."

1st response to the above:

"I hate to align myself with the knot heads and dodos who continually want to protest in revolt, but a change in ownership would seriously impact the future of this club. whether the conclusions are right or wrong, the owners (& losing) have simply turned off the fans.

There aren't any short-term solutions. This team will not start winning miraculously, simply because new owners are in place. Not to mention the fact it does not appear that the current owners want to sell."

And the 2nd response to the above:

" Venky's in their own way wanted to take Rovers on a journey too but someone forgot to tell the driver where to go. Rovers demise has been harder on Venkys than the fans. They have poughed millions into the club and have suffered from poor advise and i bet if they could wind the clock back they might not have even bothered. They are not entirely blameless but it is fair to say they only wanted the best for Rovers when they first came along but it soon turned to a nightmare for them. Like i said poor advise and not knowing enough about running a football club has cost them."

PASS THE SICK BAG

Pure propaganda from a PR firm posters OR quite possibly someone who's rather traumatized by whole thing and spun into complete denial.

Like i said it doesn't matter it's a tiny minority and i have to say iv'e never met anyone of these opinions or heard any in the ground over the previous years. Plenty 'get behind em' yes and that's understandable in terms of the team. Most who iv'e spoke to or overheard about Venkys is unrepeatable !

Thing is - none of those views are important if a common ground can be found between the fans. Those fans are talking about why or what happened. What are their views on future, what is the solution? ALL fans can be united on common ground; we all want a better "BRFC" so what is the action all fans can take that will make at least *some difference?

Reasons for the decline, who to blame, Ruben Rochina being good or bad... who cares about those things now? Those posts are easily ignored in favour for discussion on what is next. We all know what should have happened. I don't know the solution, I thought/think Birdie idea to fill the ground is a good way forward but can understand why some can't do, so what is the next best thing?

Someone said go watch u18s. I honestly think that would be another brilliant message to the owners and wider footballing community, showing the frustration and at the same time; the fan base is united in support still. We'd also be benefiting our main way back, asset and last source of pride - the gift of the academy from Jack Walker.

In the modern day - numbers of supporters isn't massively important when Tv revenues are where they are, but only for the top league. Any potential new owners can only be more attracted by seeing that this is not just "decline". It's a reaction to sheer negligence when all we ever really wanted was a manager and team to be proud of, chosen for footballing reasons without interference from those who lack the expertise or experience.

I suggested going to the u23s 18s. The people who are boycotting could go and support the youth of rovers with the significance that one it's Jack's youth set up full of promise like the past and the future will be the youth and all the fans that have boycotted. They get to go to rovers games without giving a penny to the owners, support their team vent and highlight our problem and it's something all fans can get behind. Supporting the lads

If all those staying away from Ewood went to Leyland to watch the youngsters that could be sold as a positive. Trouble is logistics aren't great for people as it's usually 7pm on a Monday or Tuesday. Also, we have simply turned off those fans who have stopped attending. Those like Abbey who are hurting by not attending but staying interested are a minority. A lot of people just think the football is crap and don't feel entertained anymore. They will spend their money on other things and their habits are broken. These people won't pay to watch the young team(s) now that they have no ST.

I genuinely can't think of a way to unite people. A way to put the necessary pressure on Venkys to make BRFC better - which, in theory, is the easiest option. But they have betrayed our trust not once but twice when the removed Allardyce and let Williams and Finn go, and again when they didn't speak to - let alone back- Lambert. How could we ever trust them again? So that ship has sailed.

So we are stuck between those who want them gone at all costs and those who are sympathetic to poor old Venkys which means we remain poles apart.

Even ignoring the extreme minorities, the virtuous boycotters and the sympathisers, we have those afraid of a post-Venkys world and those who just want the plaster to be ripped off. Can these people unite? Possibly. But this needs some proper campaigns to get behind and, I hate to keep saying it but, a credible alternative. The stayaway she will only return in numbers when the football improves.

1st response to the above:

"I hate to align myself with the knot heads and dodos who continually want to protest in revolt, but a change in ownership would seriously impact the future of this club. whether the conclusions are right or wrong, the owners (& losing) have simply turned off the fans.

There aren't any short-term solutions. This team will not start winning miraculously, simply because new owners are in place. Not to mention the fact it does not appear that the current owners want to sell."

And the 2nd response to the above:

" Venky's in their own way wanted to take Rovers on a journey too but someone forgot to tell the driver where to go. Rovers demise has been harder on Venkys than the fans. They have poughed millions into the club and have suffered from poor advise and i bet if they could wind the clock back they might not have even bothered. They are not entirely blameless but it is fair to say they only wanted the best for Rovers when they first came along but it soon turned to a nightmare for them. Like i said poor advise and not knowing enough about running a football club has cost them."

PASS THE SICK BAG

Christ, send the men in white coats round! Have that lot developed Stockholm Syndrome?

I suggested going to the u23s 18s. The people who are boycotting could go and support the youth of rovers with the significance that one it's Jack's youth set up full of promise like the past and the future will be the youth and all the fans that have boycotted. They get to go to rovers games without giving a penny to the owners, support their team vent and highlight our problem and it's something all fans can get behind. Supporting the lads

It's a no from me

Christ, send the men in white coats round! Have that lot developed Stockholm Syndrome?

More like chaddy syndrome borne from superfanitus

There is a way of enough people could spread the word to show any prospective owners that fans would return, if new owners came in and did the correct thing by the club. Pick a none league game in the North West, such as a Stockport County game or Tranmere Rovers game. Market it properly, and label it, as something like We want our Rovers back, show of solidarity match. Ideally choose a game, when we are either away, or not playing at all. Get as many fans as possible to the game and swell the gate by a few thousand on top of what the host club are expecting. Let the media know what is happening and show the football world and more importantly, new owners that there is a fan base out there, just taking a stand against the current regime. Done the right way, perhaps the host club would offer a bit of a discount off the normal match day ticket.

bang-your-head-syndrome.png

Well unfortunately Abbey that's why we will continue to whinge and moan on here and do nothing about it. Your the first one to pull people to pieces and offer no solutions or ideas and when people do you just shoot people down with no explanation and no contribution but creating negativity. If your willing to do nothing and offer nothing other than #venkysout every 5 minutes your as a bad as the people wandering round ewood licking venkys arses. You want people to pull together and boycott yet wouldn't do the wolves protest. And don't say not a penny more that's a cop out for what would if been a show of solidarity , the bigger picture as a one off for the greater good. The fans will never unite with this attitude and divided we fall. Which ever way you look at it you and the " appy clappers "are on opposite ends of the spectrum equally contributing nothing and sitting back watching the club's demise

Well unfortunately Abbey that's why we will continue to whinge and moan on here and do nothing about it. Your the first one to pull people to pieces and offer no solutions or ideas and when people do you just shoot people down with no explanation and no contribution but creating negativity. If your willing to do nothing and offer nothing other than #venkysout every 5 minutes your as a bad as the people wandering round ewood licking venkys arses. You want people to pull together and boycott yet wouldn't do the wolves protest. And don't say not a penny more that's a cop out for what would if been a show of solidarity , the bigger picture as a one off for the greater good. The fans will never unite with this attitude and divided we fall. Which ever way you look at it you and the " appy clappers "are on opposite ends of the spectrum equally contributing nothing and sitting back watching the club's demise

X1RKe.gif

Ha. Sorry that was a bit of a rant but it's so frustrating. We desperately need to unite the fan base and a split one means venkys win. I want this scum gone. Whatever it takes. If boycotters won't attend a game as a one off or fans equally want boycott when required out of stubbornness then we are beat already. People will boycott , people will go and get behind the lads that's fine but for targeted games especially the rare live on sky ones we should be a collective and if that means attending or boycotting then so be it. If it means dressing as a chicken and clucking from ewood to Leyland so be it. So much passionate hatred yet so little effort. If this club goes down in flames we die fighting and I'd rather it be the venkys, the fa and agents than each other. Sorry Abbey but the least you could offer is an alternative or explanation not just no

Ha. Sorry that was a bit of a rant but it's so frustrating. We desperately need to unite the fan base and a split one means venkys win. I want this scum gone. Whatever it takes. If boycotters won't attend a game as a one off or fans equally want boycott when required out of stubbornness then we are beat already. People will boycott , people will go and get behind the lads that's fine but for targeted games especially the rare live on sky ones we should be a collective and if that means attending or boycotting then so be it. If it means dressing as a chicken and clucking from ewood to Leyland so be it. So much passionate hatred yet so little effort. If this club goes down in flames we die fighting and I'd rather it be the venkys, the fa and agents than each other. Sorry Abbey but the least you could offer is an alternative or explanation not just no

Love the passion. Abs is just the same but from another perspective. To single him out you really have to do the same with Parson and Chaddy. If you suggest something we could try me and Abs will be the first ones signing up (ex Ewood, obviously) with some others they will not join in anything. Ever.

I can't tell people what they should and shouldn't do and I respect you and Abbey the same as chaddy and Parsons. If you say except ewood obv then you can't complain at Parsons and chaddy for saying ( not that I'm aware they have ) we won't boycott. The point I'm trying to make is you can't expect 10000 people to agree on everything. We all love rovers in are own way for diffrent reasons but if you believe venkys need to go which I feel is swinging more to the majority you have to be willing and open to every form of protest , whatever it is for the greater good. Protesters can protest outside which apart from wolves has never happened this season and people can protest inside which has through chants banners etc but for specifically targetted games we need to compromise. I.e the wolves game everybody goes with banners whistles 1875 whatever. Newcastle mass boycott. Some give and take needs to happen to meet in the middle. You must understand this and meet in the middle. It isn't about money. It's about highlighting our plight. The 20 quid Abbey stopped paying doesn't effect anything the same way chaddys 20 quid for his ticket doesn't . It's the bigger picture. To get this club back. I understand your obviously proud principled people however that passion can be made use of if we all are just a little more open minded and hopefully me , u, Parsons , Abbey and chaddy can av a nice cold beer and say we did it before holding hands and skipping down to ewood for a merry afternoon

Archived