BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Sporting Director Rumour

TBTF

He'll soon find out that whatever players he recommends to Coyle/Cheston won't matter as the final say goes to the idiots in India who haven't a clue about football and are currently penny pinching.

Quick announcement on the website - why hasn't Pasha been announced? He is also a key employee at the club?

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely this indicates that Venkys have no intention of selling the club; if they were intent on doing so, why spend money appointing more staff? Some folk whinge about not having a proper management structure at Ewood, then moan when there is something put in place that looks better than we have at the moment. Venkys don't respond to protests, but do the unpredictable. It's a total waste of time trying to figure out what their long term plan for the club is just as, it seems, is protesting and looking for hidden agendas. Save your energy for supporting the team on the pitch.

Surely this indicates that Venkys have no intention of selling the club; if they were intent on doing so, why spend money appointing more staff? Some folk whinge about not having a proper management structure at Ewood, then moan when there is something put in place that looks better than we have at the moment. Venkys don't respond to protests, but do the unpredictable. It's a total waste of time trying to figure out what their long term plan for the club is just as, it seems, is protesting and looking for hidden agendas. Save your energy for supporting the team on the pitch.

Unless he has the authority to make decisions then it is no better than we've got now. Just another middle-man if you ask me.

Can't tell if this is good news or bad news...

give you a clue ...er its under venkys watch...how the feck can it be good

to do that you have to condone and donate to corruption...no ta

When I see a team worthy on the pitch who works as hard as I do during the week and does even the basics right il get behind. This is a complete fraud that I don't want to associate myself with.

Venkys all over, bring in a DoF (terrible, pointless position that never works) to identify players to improve the team. When do they do it, nearly a week after the transfer window opens, how will he identify anyone and sign them, knowing how slow that bunch of muppets move, in roughly a three week period.

If this was a serious move by the owners it should have happened at least a month ago.

Venkys you are a total disgrace.

I'm a firm believer that the manager formulates the tactics and decisions on the pitch and therefore should select the incoming players he thinks will fit his tactics.

Other people pushing players into him simply will not work.

Therefore unless I have more explanation to this role it's absolutely pointless.

A Sporting Director/Director of Football structure can be very useful in football these days and is increasingly common at clubs.

Particularly for a club like Rovers with foreign owners never in the country who have no idea about football.

At the very least it provides a mechanism to keep the manager in check, stop him squandering money and paying silly wages and ought to create a situation whereby the manager can be changed with minimal disruption to the squad (Watford a prime example).

A Director of Football should have been one of the first things they did when taking over the club, putting their faith and resources into the hands of someone who could run the football operation for them on the ground using his contacts and experience.

Many clubs in this league have such structures. Infact pretty much every club other than Rovers has some sort of football director. They might have different titles and scopes of influence but there is usually someone in a senior position with responsibility for player recruitment, contracts, scouting and overseeing the football side of the club on behalf of the owner.

This is news because the shell of a club that is Blackburn Rovers has finally decided to appoint someone to a position most clubs already have filled.

Reading Nixon's latest story it is unclear what Senior's role will be. Will he be a Director with actual power or will he merely advise/assist Coyle? Who has asked for this position to be created and who has selected Senior? If its Coyle then there's a whiff surrounding himself with allies to safeguard his own position.

As ever they are leaving themselves open to suspicion and ridicule. Why any club would suddenly decide to appoint someone to oversee transfer business at a time when no money is available just doesn't add up.

Your post JHrover is spot on and correct.

IMO, he has been appointed by Pasha and not asked for by Coyle. From Coyle's comments this afternoon its seems that Paul Senior will be the Football man over here. What will be Pasha now? will he stay more in India and away from the public limelight and now people know who he is and his face.

I asked the LT Rovers Reporter will he be interviewing Paul Senior and he has said That's he will be doing so but no idea when.

Here are 3 questions here

1. Can Senior make actually decisions without approval from India?

2. Who will make the final decisions on transfers? Him or Coyle?

3. Will we buy players in January and next summer?

I'm a fan of director of football/head coach structure but for this to work both parties must be able to work together on all things like style of play and formation and player roles. Like how well it has worked at Sheff Wednesday and Fulham. We could learn a lot from these club in terms of this structure.

work with Balaji and agents to find players fitting the master plan

tell coyle which players hes getting and which hes selling

happened before with Portuguese invasion

Takes attention away from Pasha

Takes blame away from Coyle

This will be another circus act

Your post JHrover is spot on and correct.

IMO, he has been appointed by Pasha and not asked for by Coyle. From Coyle's comments this afternoon its seems that Paul Senior will be the Football man over here. What will be Pasha now? will he stay more in India and away from the public limelight and now people know who he is and his face.

I asked the LT Rovers Reporter will he be interviewing Paul Senior and he has said That's he will be doing so but no idea when.

Here are 3 questions here

1. Can Senior make actually decisions without approval from India?

2. Who will make the final decisions on transfers? Him or Coyle?

3. Will we buy players in January and next summer?

I'm a fan of director of football/head coach structure but for this to work both parties must be able to work together on all things like style of play and formation and player roles. Like how well it has worked at Sheff Wednesday and Fulham. We could learn a lot from these club in terms of this structure.

1. No

2. Neither

3. Aquire not buy

From the LT comments. but there you go

"Sorry to be a killjoy but I would just hold back on the euphoria on the appointmnent of Paul Senior.
When I read about his appointment I phoned a contact of mine who supports the Owls.
He informed me that Senior had been sacked at Sheffield because he led them up the garden path about his past achievements.
He also told me that he is married to a woman called Gates who uses her maiden name because of her football agency work.
You have it as I have it."

Sporting director? Big Sam would just have said "I can do that".

Goodness knows what the owners are thinking here. I can only see this decision making the situation even more confused - if that's possible. If they think it will improve results, it won't, so why bother? There's only one way of improving results and that's to appoint a good manager and back him.

"Sorry to be a killjoy but I would just hold back on the euphoria on the appointmnent of Paul Senior.

When I read about his appointment I phoned a contact of mine who supports the Owls.

He informed me that Senior had been sacked at Sheffield because he led them up the garden path about his past achievements.

He also told me that he is married to a woman called Gates who uses her maiden name because of her football agency work.

Joke as we always knew

You have to laugh really. They have trust issues with credible people like Williams and Finn, or Paul Hunt (credible if foolish), the Seneca consortium, Paul Lambert, yet if you have a big question mark over you or links to football agents you are golden. Even despite previously losing a lot of money!

Surely this new guy can't be another one?

Not sure if that link works for everyone so...

"I initially became a Football Agent in 1993/94 season. I formed partnerships with Ian Anderson Management and KP Sports Management. With my former business partners we managed the careers of numerous Footballers, some of whom are still playing, many more are now in Managerial or Coaching positions. I continue to use my experience to help guide some exciting prospects of the future, along with working with some experienced players of today. My knowledge, along with numerous contacts within the Football Industry is vast. I have acted for some exceptional players Worldwide over more than 23 years. I am experienced in every aspect of assisting a Player with his career, from Scholarship or Grassroots to Pro Contract . I have also worked on numerous Player testimonial committees. Originally from a 'Sales' background, I believe that you should know your 'product' with that in mind I felt that were a Player to entrust his career to me it is important to understand a Player's 'strengths and weaknesses'. To be supportive throughout the entire contract, not just 'show up' when a new club contract is due. To support a Player through injury as this is when most Players find they are often totally neglected by their 'Agent'. At the beginning of this journey experience also included working with various Football Clubs, giving regular talks on Credit Worthiness and Debt Collection to The Commercial Managers Association. Writing the Terms and Conditions of Trading for many Football Clubs. Carrying out Debt Recovery on behalf of a number of Clubs. My working life has given me a wealth of experience and knowledge."

So is this his wife? I doubt it is looking at the pics as one mentions her late husband

https://twitter.com/gates_laraine

Archived