BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Sporting Director Rumour

TBTF

strong rumours of a new appointment coming in the next few days were doing the rounds in town this morning from someone who works at the Club.

No names given but he was pretty certain it was happening

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would a Sporting Director be able to do?

No money released for transfers so little point lining up deals.

Owners who sell our best players as soon as they can so little chance of building a decent squad or developing anything sustainable.

No decisions can be made in the UK so no chance of coaching staff changes being made.

If true I await Pasha getting the job to 'improve the club' only then for no announcement until Cheston admits it in the next fans meeting.

Rumour has it Abbey has quit BT stating he's received a "massive offer", I wonder....

I am in the sick not quitting . HA , I wouldn't work for them tossers for anything . I'd rather eat chicken @#/? and shove a cactus up my arse .

strong rumours of a new appointment coming in the next few days were doing the rounds in town this morning from someone who works at the Club.

No names given but he was pretty certain it was happening

An administrator by any chance.. Because wtf could a sporting director do with no money

Sounds like a ready made excuse to to take the flak off the waste of space Owen Coyle so they can do what they where always intending to do whilst keeping the crap Jock in place to be the mouthpiece.

Scousers out !

Complete window dressing and rather a coincidence this pops up after the latest round of protest and rumours. There was anger in summer when we didn't have a manager and were set to sell players and this card was trotted out then but zero happened apart from the appointment of Coyle and Chestons lies.

Pointless exercise if true history shows that any with a modicum of decency and real interest in developing the club for example Alan Myers are ushered quietly towards the rotating door or they walk themselves. The self serving ones stay around riding the gravy train for as long as is possible.

Lets see if it happens.

I wouldnt complained if we appointed a proper Sporting director/director of football like Mike Rigg or Glenb Roeder but yet again what is point if we arent spending. Or have going structure change.

When the club tweet about a new role being created I thought we were going to charge from a manager to Director of football structure instead it was Pasha job

Someone is mixed up here. It's a plumber with electrical skills thats wanted to jerry fix the undersoil heating. A few hours work.

The job spec says that the successful applicant must have his own spanners, a big bucket and spade and work for minimum wages. Visa will be arranged......eventually.

Edit: if the applicant can give OC some guidance on how to get a team to both defend and attack on the same match it will be appreciated.

On a more serious note the early front runners for this most important position are Ballsups son, Owd Hags cat and most worrying of all a nomark by the initials of JA.

Lets see if it happens.

I wouldnt complained if we appointed a proper Sporting director/director of football like Mike Rigg or Glenb Roeder but yet again what is point if we arent spending. Or have going structure change.

When the club tweet about a new role being created I thought we were going to charge from a manager to Director of football structure instead it was Pasha job

You wouldn't complain ( I think that's what you mean ) you wouldn't fecking complain ?????!!!??!!??

So you back the vscum then ????? F me arghhhhhh

Rovers are bringing in a sporting director. No name yet. Will be appoint this week. From Nixon.

I am a fan of Director of football/head coach structure if done right but both people must be happy with structure otherwise it doesnt work. Look at Sheff Wed or Huddersfield.

Lets remember we've already had a 'Sporting Director' under Venkys regime, Simon Hunt.

Presumably word of the protests and pitiful league positions has found its way back to India and some sort of action has been advised.

Their trusted lieutenant Pasha has been involved for more than a year and delivered sweet FA despite having a direct line to the power brokers. Coyle can't get anywhere. Neither could Lambert, or Bowyer at the end of his time. Cheston has no idea what's happening despite being 'Director'.

Still, cheaper than making some signings and should keep stalling things until February.

Rovers are bringing in a sporting director. No name yet. Will be appoint this week. From Nixon.

I am a fan of Director of football/head coach structure if done right but both people must be happy with structure otherwise it doesnt work. Look at Sheff Wed or Huddersfield.

it won't be"done right" Chaddy.

Lets see if it happens.

Clueless like the raos... Why appoint a dof or of sport when we don't have a board or any money ffs.. It'll be someone to take flak off Coyle at best... You'd be happy with that.. Lol

Archived