BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham Away 11 Feb

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Awful - simple as that.  Two teams who look destined for League One.  In the first half we had one shot actually on target.  After Rotherham scored we were all over the place and a better team would have put us to the sword.  Replacing Nyambe - who wasn't doing that badly - with Akpan was mystifying to say the least unless it was to make sure that Lowe stayed on the field somewhere.  Williams was dreadful at left-back and Mulgrew got a chasing a times, which I haven't seen before.  Feeney was pitiful, Lowe was Lowe, Conway looks past it with every passing game and Bennett struggled manfully to try to keep some semblance of a midfield together.  Gallagher, who was having a poor game might have been replaced by the lad from Sheffield if Coyle hadn't wasted a sub by using Akpan for Nyambe.  The guy is clueless.  I know that the clowns in Pune are ultimately responsible and I admit that Coyle is managing with two hands tied behind his back and the arrival of Senior isn't going to help matters, but surely we can find someone better than Coyle even at this late stage.  Sadly, I suspect that we are doomed no matter what we do with regard to Coyle.  I'm fully expecting to renew acquaintances with a few old Third Division grounds that I honestly never thought we would be going to again for League games.  Today's absolutely abject performance against the worst side I have seen for many a year - their centre-half wouldn't have got a game in most pub teams - has convinced me that League One football is now unavoidable unless two other teams have a complete collapse in the coming months. 

Thanks for that Parson. If someone like you is typing that then it speaks volumes.

Tony, I agree with you.  I may not always agree with Parson but I respect his view and his stance.....he is Rovers thru and thru.

I have had many good times at some of those League 1 grounds (when Rovers were in the old Division 3).  We need to look to the future and hope for better times to come; these must be without our present owners.

Hard to read Parsons post as I know he will be hurting. But the reality is our battle is against Venky's, not relegation anymore. It's time to fight. Whilst under their ownership we can never progress. 

This isn't in anyway a dig at Parsons post, I have the upmost respect for him as a fan and fellow poster

But lets not kid ourselves here we have hundreds if not thousands of fans that could have posted Parsons post above 3/4yrs ago, it just takes a little longer for some to accept the current situation and how dire it actually is.

Maybe relegation will see these rats back into the shadows, who knows, we live hope.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Putting sensationalism aside. Anyone at the game today who can tell us how we played? 

Had the pleasure of the prawn sandwich end today. First and foremost they were as bad as I have seen in many a year.

Young Mahoney made a massive difference, the boy has excellent delivery. Sadly he will be gone in the summer.

Should have won, but any bit of pressure and we are all at sea. It's a matter of when, not if we go down.

40 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Awful - simple as that.  Two teams who look destined for League One.  In the first half we had one shot actually on target.  After Rotherham scored we were all over the place and a better team would have put us to the sword.  Replacing Nyambe - who wasn't doing that badly - with Akpan was mystifying to say the least unless it was to make sure that Lowe stayed on the field somewhere.  Williams was dreadful at left-back and Mulgrew got a chasing a times, which I haven't seen before.  Feeney was pitiful, Lowe was Lowe, Conway looks past it with every passing game and Bennett struggled manfully to try to keep some semblance of a midfield together.  Gallagher, who was having a poor game might have been replaced by the lad from Sheffield if Coyle hadn't wasted a sub by using Akpan for Nyambe.  The guy is clueless.  I know that the clowns in Pune are ultimately responsible and I admit that Coyle is managing with two hands tied behind his back and the arrival of Senior isn't going to help matters, but surely we can find someone better than Coyle even at this late stage.  Sadly, I suspect that we are doomed no matter what we do with regard to Coyle.  I'm fully expecting to renew acquaintances with a few old Third Division grounds that I honestly never thought we would be going to again for League games.  Today's absolutely abject performance against the worst side I have seen for many a year - their centre-half wouldn't have got a game in most pub teams - has convinced me that League One football is now unavoidable unless two other teams have a complete collapse in the coming months. 

Finally! You've hit the nail on the head.

Coming from you PB that above statement is stinging, anyone left with little doubt should read the above and digest.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Finally! You've hit the nail on the head.

Coming from you PB that above statement is stinging, anyone left with little doubt should read the above and digest.

He hits the nail on the head every week with his match reports Dunn, he just has a different opinion on what supporting the club means and nothing wrong with that despite many peoples attempts to shout his view down.

58 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Something for everyone in that post. :tu:

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Precisely. Not sure about some of the people who post here to be honest. I'm all for a bit of debate but it seems like insults are just fired out by some without actually thinking about what the other person said or the context. I wonder would he call someone whose opinion he didn't agree with in person a Muppet? Doubt it. 

All you've done since you showed up is run around being pro Coyle in a sly way and it gets on some peoples nerves. Now your questioning people who post regularly because some question your presence here.

As for your second point if i think someone is a muppet i'll tell them face to face iv'e no time for snidey gits.

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Graham, Feeney, Conway all seem to be getting worse game by game?

I wouldn't have started any of them today.

Looking at those 3 they just aren't fit enough and i'd say most don't look it they were flagging again today but the subs put the impetus in the game. There's a reason why we often keep conceding late. They were fitter under Bowyer by far that's how poor things are under this useless tool.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Great post parson, finally i Can agree with you on something

• Backroom

This is like the twilight zone, parson has never been so popular.  

How bittersweet,  I'm sure he would much rather we had got a positive result today and we could go back to him spreading positivity and being harangued for his viewpoint.  

Unfortunately,  tonight i am seeing him as the "fat lady", and how he has let his lungs go. 

Thanks for depressing my sat night PB! (in the most tongue in cheek way)

I felt quite positive after todays results after the footballing gods smiled upon us - (for bristol to be 3 up,  and wigan 2-1 up with 20 mins to go, and to end with only 1 point going to  one of those teams was fairly miraculous.)

But maybe i needed a reality check.

I won't give up hope yet, but it really is looking a bit grim now.  

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Great post. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Fairly uncalled for. Coyle could still just about keep us up on the "three teams worse than us" principle.

Of course, with a better manager we'd have an infinitely better chance.

Not really the guy knows exactly what he's doing so should take it on the chin. Anger may have got the better of me but i'm angry at witnessing a poor effort against the ONLY side worse than us at the start of play today. 

I'm angry clownpants is now also starting a public spat with Senior in a complete buck passing move to cover his own sorry failings instead of concentrating on the job in hand. Praying for 3 teams to be worse than us by the end of May is a real long shot with this dweeb in charge and anyone who continually runs around making excuses for him is going to get some stick from a few.

Cant comment on the game as I didn't go due to illness but gave my tickets to my dad and Mum. My dad said poor team performance and its look like Brian Kidd team that got relegated from the Premier League. said we looked a team that they know we are going down.  Only player that impress him was Mahoney.

Poor starting 11. Cant believe Conway and Graham started. Mahoney and Emnes should have started.

Archived