BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys London Ltd Accounts

If there were no big fee players to sell just how would those accounts look ? That'll be the case in 12 months or so yet will the outflow be stemmed down that much from what it is now ?

I'm talking like half because that's what it'll need to be and how will that be done without smashing the whole place in half overnight ?

Plan my backside their cack handed way of doing things has finally hit the buffers with their money men after parachute payments have stopped. What you see now is them winging it again.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1864 I'd say yes they have a plan.

To me it looks like the plan is desperately holding on no matter what the cost.

Any business in this car crash situation would want out, be that through selling/administration, whatever. Simply put a huge and increasing loss makes no business sense whatsoever.

Yet Venkeys clearly want to keep us. They don't care if we succeed - their financial and on-field activities show that (not one sound appointment on the field, and money not being spent/invested at all in even the basics to get us running well e.g. the delay in under soil heating repair, £250K spent in the summer.) But equally it seems as if they don't want rid of what can only be a huge financial burden on them. It appears as if they want to avoid administration and are trying to keep the losses from reaching proportions where administration is triggered.

The question I ask myself is why. Logic and their actions suggests they don't care yet don't want to let go. So why keep us? To me it seems as though the only reason is to not uncover some very dodgy stuff. Outside of this nothing whatsoever makes sense.

I have said for a while that the only thing them wanting to hold on to owning us, is that something very untoward will turn up, if and when they let go. Imagine someone had personal finances, that were in this kind of a mess. The Mortgage, credit cards, pay day loans and the bit from the loan shark, were all coming to double what your Income is. Yes you can borrow off Mum and Dad, then brother and sister and maybe your best friend, but eventually it would run out and you would have to give up. Surely, way before it got to that though, would give the keys back to the Mortgage company and go to see an insolvency practitioner. Why would you keep on getting deeper and deeper in it? unless you had a body hid under the floorboards and therefore handing your keys back to you lender, would result in a stay at her Majesty's pleasure.

A bit like the last bloke to sell up on Nuttall St who had a body under the flagstones in his backyard

Absolutely, I had forgotten about that, but I bet he didn't want to sell, knowing his horrible secret. He would have held on to that property for the whole of his life no doubt, had Uncle jack, not come knocking. Great analogy.

I don't think it was the chap who owned the house at the time who was responsible for the body in the drain. The culprit had got away with it decades earlier then legged it................ to Accy i think :blink:

But yes there'll certainly be skeletons at Rovers although probably buried in Zurich/Brunei & India !

I don't think it was the chap who owned the house at the time who was responsible for the body in the drain. The culprit had got away with it decades earlier then legged it................ to Accy i think :blink:

But yes there'll certainly be skeletons at Rovers although probably buried in Zurich/Brunei & India !

I bet he was well brassed off when the diggers moved in and hid behind the sofa for a while, hoping the ghastly find, would not happen. Just wait until the hypothetical diggers come to Ewood again, Venky's will be in hiding for a while.

Amazing post from 1864. Genuinely amazing. I especially liked the bit about of 'virile' rubbish. Is that like what you would expect to find in a skip at the back of an 'adult bookshop'?

Glad they really have our best interests at heart and are all about sorting out the real mess. Not sure which mess that is aside from the one created on their watch which resulted in relegation and the sale and payoff of a class of squad and management (and board) that we are likely to never see again but still.

Thanks Venkys! I never really saw it that way until just now. Sorry for all the protests, it was a misunderstanding. I was just confused - you know how it is. Please, please. Show us more of your business plan. Thanks.

Not sure such sarcasm was warranted, the poster made it clear who's mess it was and who needs to clean it up. It's a poor state of affairs when someone gets a response like this for simply suggesting some cleaning up of the financial situation might actually be going on. In reality the accounts clearly show a concerted effort to stem losses and try to balance the books and that would require a plan. To dismiss the suggestion out of hand seems slightly odd and little detached from the reality of the situation.

To state that there might actually be a business plan is not pro-Venky's, quite the opposite in my view. It's not even a discussion point with normal owners because of course there is a business plan.

The fact a Tin hat is required to enter anything other than the "sky is falling" into the debate is a measure of just how far the standard of debate has fallen in these depressing times.

Not sure such sarcasm was warranted, the poster made it clear who's mess it was and who needs to clean it up. It's a poor state of affairs when someone gets a response like this for simply suggesting some cleaning up of the financial situation might actually be going on. In reality the accounts clearly show a concerted effort to stem losses and try to balance the books and that would require a plan. To dismiss the suggestion out of hand seems slightly odd and little detached from the reality of the situation.

To state that there might actually be a business plan is not pro-Venky's, quite the opposite in my view. It's not even a discussion point with normal owners because of course there is a business plan.

The fact a Tin hat is required to enter anything other than the "sky is falling" into the debate is a measure of just how far the standard of debate has fallen in these depressing times.

Sir, anything but "Venkys have never had a clue what they are doing and are simply recouping costs" is to be detached from the reality of the situation.

If someone is going to play devil's advocate then they should expect a reaction.

• Backroom

There is no more debate to be had as far as Venky's are concerned. The truth is obvious and has been for years. The "give them a chance" crew have, if anything, been pandered to far too often. There's a section of posters on here and even more at Ewood who are really reluctant to criticise Venky's. They seem to do it through gritted teeth and very quickly jump on any positive as signs we're "going in the right direction". It's time to call out this bullshit for what it is, play time is over.

I bet he was well brassed off when the diggers moved in and hid behind the sofa for a while, hoping the ghastly find, would not happen. Just wait until the hypothetical diggers come to Ewood again, Venky's will be in hiding for a while.

you have to think that's the big reason that they wont talk to Senaca. Bet that lot would tear it up when they came to do their due diligence work. Would frighten Venkys to death the mere thought of it.

ey up venky spy in the room...jog on mg!!!!!

#venkyscumout #venkysout #coyleout #chestonout #seniorpuppetout

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB !!! SHOW THAT TO YOUR PUPPETMASTER MG NOW JOG OFF

Pasha out !!

It's certainly a measure all right if you haven't realised that the debate about Venky's is well and truly over :blink: :blink: :blink:

If there were no big fee players to sell just how would those accounts look ? That'll be the case in 12 months or so yet will the outflow be stemmed down that much from what it is now ?

I'm talking like half because that's what it'll need to be and how will that be done without smashing the whole place in half overnight ?

Plan my backside their cack handed way of doing things has finally hit the buffers with their money men after parachute payments have stopped. What you see now is them winging it again.

I fully agree but on the other hand we keep finding someone to sell . Each summer we seem to say "who would we sell next" and something turns up. Or a sell on clause appears from no where.

The accounts clearly show exactly what you describe, although it's no more than I would expect from someone with Cheston's background - any trainee accountant would do the same. So I don't think it says anything one way or the other about a new strategy. It's been clear from the day Kean was sacked that the club wouldn't be trying to buy its way back up.

As to what would've happened without the player sales I see nothing to suggest it wouldn't have been the same as every other year: more shares would've been issued to VLL to plug the cash shortfall. Once player salaries start being not paid the whole edifice crumbles very quickly, and the consensus on here is that the owners can't let that happen.

I expected a mixed bag of responses to the post and another poster is perhaps the only one looking at it from a different perspective.

I have to forcefully reiterate I despise all they have done. I despise the fact they are still at the club.

I stand by the post and I stand by the comments I posted re Derek Shaw. It seems that everything he said to me during that call was absolutely spot on.

BRFC and Venkys have been raped and pillaged for every cent by any number of people. It looks as though that might well have stopped for the time being !

I expected a mixed bag of responses to the post and another poster is perhaps the only one looking at it from a different perspective.

I have to forcefully reiterate I despise all they have done. I despise the fact they are still at the club.

I stand by the post and I stand by the comments I posted re Derek Shaw. It seems that everything he said to me during that call was absolutely spot on.

BRFC and Venkys have been raped and pillaged for every cent by any number of people. It looks as though that might well have stopped for the time being !

What post?

I think the problem now Roverite, we are stitching up our future - i.e. Any assets from youth or cheap transfers will need to be sold to pay the bills.

There's nowt positive in that. Grim reality of the decline.

Coming from Derek Shaw who himself allegedly altered the Berg contract then tried to pass the buck and whatever the truth of it he ended up costing the club a million or two. Now suing it himself in an effort for more money no doubt. Obviously we don't know what he said in a phone call because it was only alluded to but he's gone now so maybe a good time to put some meat on the bones ?

If it's about contracts for the likes of Murphy, Etuhu and Best Philipl told us how that might pan out the min they signed. If Venkys have had to pay for those atrocious pieces of business conducted by the people who proved failures already and orchestrated our relegation then i hope they have been pillaged financially. Except they haven't though the club has.

• Backroom

Do you mean this post?

I am sure that my personal view may provoke a little aggravation to some of the members.

This season has seen the shoots of recovery begin to slowly blossom, both on the pitch and off it.

I really believe Derek Shaw and co have done a great job behind the scenes the reason why ? there are many many of us who have no idea as to the state of play behind closed doors and believe me the picture wasn't bright, it was a world of uncertainty, I know this because he took time out to actually contact me and he had a forthright warts and all conversation and for that I applaud him.

I haven't been 100% supportive of GB's tactics but like many others, I can now see what he has been trying to do on the pitch. Its only down to some downright bad luck, some cruel twists and rank bad defending that Rovers didn't go up automatically. I stand by my "what we could have" thread. We really were that close to going up.

Next season will be out year I am certain of it especially if we can continue the momentum we are have got going.

Venkys have done the right thing, they have remained in the background YET they have clearly backed the club and continue to do so. I have aired my angst at them but for me, something is there in their now not so well documented rationale. Its clear they know they were victims of a huge kill. Keanscum is now long gone and forgotten, JA and his lot are well rid of.

We wait for ST announcements but for me August cant come quick enough so that we can carry on. There wasn't one team in the league that we shouldn't have hammered out of sight and from the teams coming down they will all struggle big time whilst Wolves wont be the force they were last time out.

Rovers are sitting pretty in these uncertain times. Let the Venkys be, get behind the club and players.

Its now summertime, we have the England world cup fiasco to look forward to but for me I expect to get off the plane from Tenerife and get straight to Ewood in August for th start of what should be a successful season, with or without JR !

Happy summer everyone. (Gone fishing)

Surely at some point you have to realise it isn't getting better?

Archived