Sign in to follow this  
Mike E

News Thread Attempt 394

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3067001/brothers-magic-mushroom-naked-kissed-smashed-cars-punched-neighbour/

'LOOK AT US!'

Two brothers ‘on magic mushroom bender stripped naked, passionately kissed, smashed cars and punched neighbour in rampage’ at US apartment block

Noah Batz, 24, and Timothy Batz, 21, were arrested after allegedly taking eating the hallucinogenic fungi in Indianapolis, Indiana

----------------

I thought this story might be fake but it is being reported everywhere, the mushrooms must have done it. 

The collateral damage from the Brexit vote continues.

Sturgeon has called a second Scottish referendum in late 2018 - early 2019, before we leave the EU.

Good luck to them - I think they'll get there this time.

She's going to ask the Scottish parliament to vote to allow her to ask the UK parliament. Very different to actually calling a new referendum. I will probably be wrong, as I usually am, but I doubt UK parliament will vote it through no matter how much Corbyn says he will not block it.

It's also interesting that she has changed tact a little. No longer claiming to want to stay in the EU as a whole ( as maybe she's realised the argument is ludicrous to want to rule yourself but then be dictated to by Brussels) instead only using the opportunity to stay in the single market.

4 hours ago, otto man said:

Wooooosh!;)

Probably how I should have responded to you in the first place, seeing as how you're pathologically incapable of holding a proper discussion. 

While you're waiting for the right-wing circlejerk of likes, jog on to the music association game. That's more your level.

Sensitive little soul aren't you? Ever thought of having a sense of humour fitted? You're clearly in need of one.

£70k seems a low (albeit record) fine for the widescale and organised overspending by the Tories in the last General Election in key marginal seats. A drop in the ocean of the spending.

Should those affected seats go for by-election?

10 hours ago, Baz said:

£70k seems a low (albeit record) fine for the widescale and organised overspending by the Tories in the last General Election in key marginal seats. A drop in the ocean of the spending.

Should those affected seats go for by-election?

Indeed.  The commission were lauding it yesterday saying it was the biggest ever fine and sends a message.  Yes, that election campaigns (and all parties have been fined over the years) can continue to hide the true expenses and take a small hit from a fine if caught.  For example, the BBC news last night said that in Thanet where the Conservatives were fighting Farage, they booked out an entire hotel costing £14,000 for people during the campaign.  None of this was declared as part of the MP's personal limit of £15,000 however it directly benefited him.  There were examples given from all over the country so £70,000 really is just taking the @#/?.

The result from those constituencies should be declared void and by-elections held.

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

The result from those constituencies should be declared void and by-elections held.

In principle, I agree, but it'd just cost the taxpayer more for another shyster to be shoved in.

On 13/03/2017 at 7:35 PM, Biddy said:

She's going to ask the Scottish parliament to vote to allow her to ask the UK parliament. Very different to actually calling a new referendum. I will probably be wrong, as I usually am, but I doubt UK parliament will vote it through no matter how much Corbyn says he will not block it.

It's also interesting that she has changed tact a little. No longer claiming to want to stay in the EU as a whole ( as maybe she's realised the argument is ludicrous to want to rule yourself but then be dictated to by Brussels) instead only using the opportunity to stay in the single market.

The biggest issue she faces is i think Scots just don't fancy it at the moment. Their fatigued from the first go round, and what exactly they are buying into is incredibly unclear in the most volatile western environment since the seventies.

The SNP will be hoping the Tories overstep in obstruction and they can get patriotic feeling going, but as long as May hits the right line she will neuter it.

It could quickly backfire on the SNP. It's really playing with fire on their part. Two years ago legitimacy was on their side, but now their position is much less strong.

"Six jobs" George Osborne needs to stand down as an MP after his barely credible appointment as editor of the Evening Standard. There is clear conflict of interest in his role as editor and that of a high-ranking politician with connections right to the top of the Conservative party. And as someone who says he will be batting for "london and Londoners" from now on,  how does that square with his position as an MP in the North West and his role as head of the Northern Powerhouse initiative? George hardly needs the dosh either; his £500k salary at the ES will go alongside the £650k he earns from his one day a week role at Blackrock and £80k as an MP, not to mention the hundreds of thousands he earns in dividends from the family wallpaper firm Osborne and Little.

The country's bent. 

9 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

"Six jobs" George Osborne needs to stand down as an MP after his barely credible appointment as editor of the Evening Standard. There is clear conflict of interest in his role as editor and that of a high-ranking politician with connections right to the top of the Conservative party. And as someone who says he will be batting for "london and Londoners" from now on,  how does that square with his position as an MP in the North West and his role as head of the Northern Powerhouse initiative? George hardly needs the dosh either; his £500k salary at the ES will go alongside the £650k he earns from his one day a week role at Blackrock and £80k as an MP, not to mention the hundreds of thousands he earns in dividends from the family wallpaper firm Osborne and Little.

The country's bent. 

100% agree, it's no wonder why for most debates in the house there's less than 20 people there.

If these politicians don't have enough to do, then they should be back in their constituency trying to help where they can.

1 hour ago, Baz said:

100% agree, it's no wonder why for most debates in the house there's less than 20 people there.

If these politicians don't have enough to do, then they should be back in their constituency trying to help where they can.

.....or take a pay cut for what at £80k a year plus expenses is a part-time job,.

MPs should not have second jobs. Simple as that. One is either an elected, paid politician or not. I'm sure many of us know it's hard enough to hold down one job when the pressure is on let alone two. There really aren't enough hours in the day. 

Mind you I work in George's constituency, he's a shoe in and there can't be many of his supporters  who care who their MP is provided it's blue and votes against tax reform. 

Edited by Paul